Feedback topic on Fridays battle

RaiderTr

Also, it would be nice to keep in mind that A LOT of people doesn't join battles because they don't have a Buff for Battles.

So a "Chili Pepper" (can be used 7 times) would be a good addition too time to time if he can't give "Booby Traps"
Chests (something that would be useful are chests dropping random items from previous events):
Also DotD ones since those are always the most powerful sets..

Clever Hans

Also, it would be nice to keep in mind that A LOT of people doesn't join battles because they don't have a Buff for Battles.

So a "Chili Pepper" (can be used 7 times) would be a good addition too time to time if he can't give "Booby Traps"

Also DotD ones since those are always the most powerful sets..

I checked but they have only DotD chests dropping whole sets, not individual parts.

canufeelit

As I was telling canufeelit, I kind of like the fact that there is no ranking in the Awesomia battles.

Bless your egalitarian heart dell my sweet but did I mention that "ranks" will then go purely by leadership? Players with no fort skills or old gear will be ranked last and possibly left out of battles if full. With ranks at least the onliners can be ranked and get in to the battle.

And I like the shop gear only idea but there's 2 problems. The rich will max out their gear and a dueler tank would be hugely OP.

Clever Hans

Bless your egalitarian heart dell my sweet but did I mention that "ranks" will then go purely by leadership? Players with no fort skills or old gear will be ranked last and possibly left out of battles if full. With ranks at least the onliners can be ranked and get in to the battle.

And I like the shop gear only idea but there's 2 problems. The rich will max out their gear and a dueler tank would be hugely OP.

Getting into Awe fights is decided based on the order of signups (those that signed up first have a priority of getting in), not based on leadership.

Tortojcla

Is there any chance we see some wearable items dropping in battles, or some cash because we at level 150 have no benefit from more experience points :D

Nisa

Agreed but it's what brought people to Awesomia for years.
Deffo ,if not only reason plus curiosity.

it was kinda scary to be in Attack on Colo yesterday. Chat was empty,completely .
2 mins before the start I said hi and few players responded. No leader, no orders no chat ..nothing. everyone doing their own thing quietly.

Rewards ARE important but not the only thing we should talk about.

RaiderTr

Defense wasn't so different but I find that normal for 5 pm of Friday and considering most were Afk/Off :'P

Clever Hans

I'm open to being wrong as things change but can you point me to data on this?
Sadly there is nothing about it on the Wiki. Just talking from my own experience. It´s the reason why many damagers and tanks miss out on taking part in Awe when the battles are overfilled.

Bad Billy Jack

Deffo ,if not only reason plus curiosity.

it was kinda scary to be in Attack on Colo yesterday. Chat was empty,completely .
2 mins before the start I said hi and few players responded. No leader, no orders no chat ..nothing. everyone doing their own thing quietly.

Rewards ARE important but not the only thing we should talk about.
I am pretty sure that the no leaders and dead chats for yesterday were due to everyone trying to run many world's awesomias at the very same time. It was an abberation. I know I had no time to lead or even battle chat. barely enough time to control my toon! LOL!

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Here is a list of rewards that I think most of the players would find useful and would increase the FF attendance of Awesomia fights.

As a final reward, you could combine the buff with one of the following: chest, premium medal or bond letter.
@Hr.Nyborg: Could you comment if listed items are allowed to be used as rewards?

Hi Clever Hans.

Sadly i have been told not to comment on what kind of stuff i can give out in the battles.
But i can say, that premium will never be given out. And compared to "event stuff" those will only be given out during the specific event.

I have a rather okay large list of items i can give out with about 2 items for each battle. BUT since a lot of players are finding these to be boring, i might try to ask for something completely new to give out.
But for now. this is what i have to work with.

Clever Hans

Hi Clever Hans.

Sadly i have been told not to comment on what kind of stuff i can give out in the battles.
But i can say, that premium will never be given out. And compared to "event stuff" those will only be given out during the specific event.

I have a rather okay large list of items i can give out with about 2 items for each battle. BUT since a lot of players are finding these to be boring, i might try to ask for something completely new to give out.
Perhaps buffs and bond letters would do then.
With my list, I was trying to give you an example of Awesomia rewards that majority of players would find useful.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Well until they update Shop items.. which probably will take forever..

Doesn't hurt to ask for something different I guess.
Doesn't have to be every battle of course.

delldell56

It does need some working, I agree. I was only trying to be not so random, not so detailed because it was already long. There won't be a perfect plan, not at first and not after many fixes but at least tries to address some of the problems that usually slip from the usual player's mind. You know how impressed I was left yesterday while checking the crazy mix of people at Awesomia over the worlds I play. From the +3 Cortina sets, to the +1 and +2 full Phoebe, Murrieta, Zapata, Livingston, in contrast to players of all levels wearing Kent, Johnny Ringo, brown plaid boxers!, Clyde, Nick's & Santa's and all sorts of things. Something needs to be done to make it less uneven if they want to be inclusive, or those battles will continue to be ignored by most. Or, like I said, just focus on the guys who are into this side of the game.

Oh, if there is going to be ranking, then limit it to 1 or 2 captains only (the person leading, and maybe someone helping with ranking) and leave everybody else private.

Just...leave out for good the shop's fort buffs, please. They are completely useless and nobody uses them, so they aren't even considered a reward but junk. Some other shop buffs are of the "meh" kind, but at least won't be as disappointing. I might see if I want to join tomorrow's battle but, so far, not finding Awesomia battles so enticing. Yet. (This is for those --lulu-- wondering what us, berry pickers, think of this).

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Oh what the hell... Please only talk about it here on if i am caught well sad to be me :-D

The items i can give out for battles, is mostly the same you can find in the shop. BUT there is some "extra" specials like the spinash or some of those "luck drops" But they are limited in amount i can give. Plus i have a limit on bonds price i can give out.

The total bond value of all rewards from the table below cannot exceed 75*number of all players who took part in the fort battle.
Example: 238 players took part in the fort battle. This means that the complete bond value of the rewards from the list below should be no more than 238 times 75, which equals 11900 bonds.

Now of course we never exceed that bond number. But from what i had heard in the early start of this talk, people did NOT want bonds letters, so that is why i have not given them actually. But i do have some of those letters as well. Is that interesting to win ?

And just to write it again. Doing our different events, i will give out event "currency" which might make a bigger lust to play the Awesomia battles.

A last option would be for me to give out every single item in my list, and them some of you, internally in the game forum, can make your own list. Then you can see what i have to work with. BUT again the broader topic of these items is BUFFS.

Beefmeister

Now of course we never exceed that bond number. But from what i had heard in the early start of this talk, people did NOT want bonds letters, so that is why i have not given them actually. But i do have some of those letters as well. Is that interesting to win ?

Who said that? imo, those bonds letters are the only thing worth getting in that list of rewards :lol:
a 50 bond letter + spinach would be a great reward
and yes event currency during event is also a good reward

A list of other rewards worth getting: Turtle rocket shell, Ratatouille with fish, Mysterious potion, any energy and hp buffs over 50%, even the swiss cheese we got last battle.
the fort stats boosting buffs in the shop are outdated - basically useless, when we use booby traps and viewfinders. maybe Wild Chili is a viable solution, yet weaker than the 2 buffs mentioned. that's why people were disappointed last time, when we got the 50-50 fort battle damage buffs. they expected more, not just swiss cheese :)

Also, i always wanted to discuss this here: there are some buffs in the herb chests you get with points from adventure that are really interesting. only there is a really selected part of the community that plays adventures - most of the people hate them. if we could get one herb chest in some of those battles, i think that would be great too

maybe we can even make a new currency similar to the veteran points you get for adventures, only for fort fights. and we get this currency every fort fight we participate in, buy our own rewards with em. wouldn't that be great?

instead of 2 rewards make it 3 and i think it's pretty fair.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

I had mentioned Wild chili, it's still decent if he isn't allowed to give Booby traps.

A lot of people don't have anywhere to get Booby Traps or basically can't be bothered/don't have time.

So it would help a lot with attendance imo.

But it's 7 uses so it doesn't have to be given often.

Last edited:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I had mentioned Wild chili, it's still decent if he aren't allowed to give Booby traps.

A lot of people don't have anywhere to get Booby Traps or basically can't be bothered/don't have time.

So it would help a lot with attendance imo.

But it's 7 uses so it doesn't have to be given often.

In my humble opinion 'Wild West Chili' and 'Ratatouille With Fish' are the most useful buffs in the UPS Shop.