Favourite fantasy race

DeletedUser35174

reputation_neg.gif
19.08.13 15:21 Nonono, Urgals > Elves? You must be mistaken. Can't trash tolkien like that :p

Tolkein is a BRILLIANT author but elves are just a stupid invention. Urgals are way cooler than elves :D.

DeletedUser

reputation_neg.gif
19.08.13 15:21 Nonono, Urgals > Elves? You must be mistaken. Can't trash tolkien like that :p

Tolkein is a BRILLIANT author but elves are just a stupid invention. Urgals are way cooler than elves :D.

Yer. Gimli fan here. Wait, urgals are from Inheritance right? Read that quite a while ago and is one of my favorite cycles. I loved it better than Lord of the Rings, which IMO dragged a bit too much in various parts.

DeletedUser35174

Ye gimli is cool. Urgals are from inheritance yes, Apel advised me to read it and thank god he did cause it's one of my favourites one :D. In my opinion Urgals are way cooler than elves, elves are .

DeletedUser

Yep, one of my prized possessions. I'll read it again lol. \m/ Shruikan :D

DeletedUser35174

Thank you, isn't shruikan AWESOME? Apel reckons he deserved to die and he was worthless.

DeletedUser

What?! Death to Apple that 'pootator' lol! Shruikan's one of my favorite guys. Besides, he was under Galbatorix's spells ever since the poor boy hatched. It was none of his fault. That wicked old man's spells in the ancient language held him together.

DeletedUser

Too proud of herself, must say. That put her in many tough situations, yet she is yet to learn her lesson fully. Also must add it is a thing which is present in the whole dragon race altogether, so can't say if its completely Saphira's fault. Her care and love towards Eragon is noteworthy and makes me emotional *sniff*.

Tell me, who do you like better, Roran, Eragon or Murtagh?

DeletedUser35174

I'm not a fan of Eragon, but i LOVE roran and murtagh, i can't choose to be honest, but if i have to i would go with murtagh.

You?

DeletedUser

Not a fan of Eragon either, dont like to go with the mainstream ;)

Murtagh here as well lol..our likes are mostly same :D

DeletedUser

Again, I love every dragon's love and caring towards their rider. Its a bond thats for eternity. Glaedr is wise but also proud. His decision to give his eldunari to eragon was really praiseworthy. So overall I kind of like him ;).

Seems so :D.

DeletedUser35174

I like Glaedr, he's cool. Only thing i don't like about him is the gold scales, kinda makes him seem arrogant.

final question and me and Apel had countless debates over this. What do you think of Arya? and the relationship with her and Eragon?

DeletedUser

Arya is an elf. Elves way of life is different from humans. They have avoided other races as much as they could and that mindset isn't easy to change. That was the thing that kept Arya hesitant whenever Eraon popped up a proposal. Her stern replies towards Eragon at first became mild towards the end and ultimately she was overcome by her emotions. However, what irked me (read:made me cry *sniff*) was the fact that she could atleast confess that she had a strong liking for Eragon towards the end. It left them both with heavy hearts which couldn't be healed.

As a person I like Arya's character. Her grace and intelligence, not to mention her fighting skills, awe me ;).

DeletedUser34315

reputation_neg.gif

LOTR elves aren't stupid at all.
Elves in the inheritance cycle, yes. Those elves aren't very well fleshed out as a race; I think Paolini simply didn't put much effort into writing them. The Urgals, dwarves and humans had a far more interesting history than the elves, and much more interesting personalities.

DeletedUser

LOTR elves aren't stupid at all.
Elves in the inheritance cycle, yes. Those elves aren't very well fleshed out as a race; I think Paolini simply didn't put much effort into writing them. The Urgals, dwarves and humans had a far more interesting history than the elves, and much more interesting personalities.

I don't think so. Paolini did put effort into making them and Du Weldenvarden. The delicate and minute details he added prove it. Its just that Elves dont fascinate me. And goes with LOTR elves as well. I like the humans of LOTR better.