Fathomless Sunset - Letramenia

DeletedUser25825

Emdi opened her eyes and looked toward the newly arrived woman as she dropped her basket, identified herself as the mysterious summoner, and then challenged the entire mass of people to mortal combat all in the same breath seemingly. She glanced at Kaiden, and shook her head in a bemused manner. She did bother to at least stand, mostly because it was a bother to have to defend oneself whilst sitting, but made no further show of preparing herself for any manner of participation in this folly of activity. She seriously began to wonder if she should be here at all. It wasn't really the woman herself that bothered her, as it was just how many of these fools around her leapt into the fray mindlessly thirsting for blood and mayhem.

DeletedUser28032

Raising a single eyebrow in response to the strange woman's challenge Kaiden watched as three of their number launched their attacks against the woman whilst another two tried to talk her out of it, a pointless task seen as she was already under attack.
Looking about the table he notices that he isn't the only one not to accept the proffered challenge or test as Jokir had termed it "I'd have thought managing to stay alive as long as we have would be proof enough of our abilities wouldn't you?" Kaiden spoke directing the question to those still at the table knowing that if nothing else he'd be able to get an idea of the others capabilities after all it hadn't been the first time he'd had to take out an undying before.

Apelatia

Gemina

Summoning her inner strength, Gemina used her unique ability to control the air to maneuver herself rapidly out of the way of the knife aimed at her throat. The speed with which she moved was most certainly not natural. The group would have to come up with a strategy for defeating this opponent, for, as they were all most certainly contemplating where on earth Gemina had disappeared to so quickly, she reappeared, bring her scythe about to smack the torso of the young girl who had un-summoned her weapon so foolishly. Then, Gemina jumped backwards towards the denser section of the forest surrounding the clearing. "It seems that you are all going to have to try harder if you want to outmatch me. Half of you aren't even making any effort... So be it. Then, I will have to teach you the hard way."

Jumping towards Jax, Gemina brought her weapon across with full force towards his chest, intending to knock him sprawling. Perhaps now the group might realise that they would need to work together...

DeletedUser35174

His attack failed and so had jorik's, it appeared that the girl was indeed like them. She dodged the knife with unnatural speed. "It seems that you are all going to have to try harder if you want to outmatch me. Half of you aren't even making any effort... So be it. Then, I will have to teach you the hard way." she said, before jumping towards Jax and bringing her scythe across with full force. Jax dived backwards in an attempt to dodge the blade aiming for his chest, as it swung past him, Jax moved in for another attack, this time he swung for her torso.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

(You stole my power, Apple. Is this where they use the abbreviation to indicate that the last statement was a joke?)

The girl was being stubborn. That was fine. Akana didn't care. If she wanted to die, then she would die. Didn't mean that Akana had to be a part of it. Just as Akana was about to send her weapon back (tangent: where did the weapon go when she sent it back?), and leave the clearing, Jemina did something interesting. She moved fast. Nobody here had been able to move much more faster than the canal pleasure barges of long gone Cecia Town. But Jemina could move. And she used the wind to accelerate her movements. Maybe Akana could use this as a training opportunity. Get faster and better herself. Akana herself was barely able to see Jemina's movement. This would be fun.

With the challenge set, Akana set herself to beating it. Abandoning jumping for a moment, Akana focused on ground movement, her mind racing as she approached a tree to the east of the clearing. With a large crack that would have broken her legs, but for a protective air cushion, Akana, with sword ready for slashing accelerated toward Jemina , who had now headed for Jax, who was heading for Jemina. Her lessons in what the Ni Dair practical solver called physics flew through her brain, trying to distract Akana from the task at hand. "If you miscalculated the angle of force and the velocity and acceleration of the man, you'll miss Jemina, or worse, hit the man isntead," Ṗráp̄sáryn Vanna seemed to say as Akana closed in on the two people. Though Akana perceived her movement in sharp clarity with seconds seeming to pass by, she knew that it would be less than a half second from tree hit to the point where she would either hit her mark, hit the man, or miss completely.

DeletedUser

(Magic...)

As Wallace approached Gemina two people attacked her and a third tried to intimidate her by jumping behind her. Air magic he supposed? These all failed as Gemina disappeared moving quickly past Wallace to attack the young girl and shirtless man all the while showing disappointment in them not taking her seriously. Still in a defensive stance Wallace wondered what to do as the woman blazed past the attacks of the others. Coming to the conclusion that he could do nothing unless he could get her into close range, Wallace uses his powers to create several stone walls in a loose circle around him making sure that some extra ones appear a little ahead of where he senses Gemina. Having done that he simply stays where he is waiting for her to approach him.

Deleted User - 819397

Jokir scoffed at Iatairris' attempt to dissuade the woman from fighting, saying it was clearly a test. "Ohhh, that makes sense…" she started to say when the woman appeared in front of her, swinging her scythe before she could react, hitting her full force in her mid torso region, sending her tumbling backwards. She rolled and continued rolling, using the impact from the blow to power her momentum. She was about to hit a tree when she leaped out of her roll, summoning her weapon again and landing in a low branch. "A test, huh? Ok…what to do…what to do what to do what to do what to dooooo……" She was struck by the issue that her most impressive ability that she'd discovered thus far wouldn't work as there were people she didn't want to hit in the radius of the attack…but which lesser one would work? Looking about she noticed the position of the sun and determined what she was going to do.

Working quickly, she pointed her staff different places, a crystal shooting from the weapon to the designated location. It was clear what she was doing…refracting the sun's light towards herself using the nature of the material. When she was practically bathed in light, she altered the angle of the refraction to a point just above her head with an elegant sweep of her staff, then lifted it so that the round top hit the light, and the lance head pointed towards the battle. A dazzling beam of light shot in the direction she pointed the lance, and she quickly directed it at the woman. A blast of searing heat wouldn't feel good, she wagered that much!

DeletedUser31931

As Jokir's knife missed it turned into shadows and then flipped out of his shadow again. He ran into the shadows and vanished, it was clear that the girl had the advantage with her speed, he would have to wait until there was an opportunity and leap out and strike, unfortunately, he couldn't hit the back of the neck, since killing her was not a good idea at this point in time. Knock her out? Yes, kill her? No.

Apelatia

(OOC: Air and wind are different... With wind you can do more... Air is purely for speed.)

Swinging her scythe and missing had obviously not been part of Gemina's plan. As the axe swung back towards her, she jumped backwards quickly, the blade of the axe slicing through the air meaninglessly. Preparing for an onslaught, Gemina held her scythe in a defensive position in front of her, but she wasn't ready when Akana dived into her, knocking her sideways, though not enough to knock her off of her feet. This was followed up by blast of heat from the staff owned by the young girl who she had knocked sprawling but a few seconds earlier. The sudden drop in energy alarmed Gemina, as she then fell to her knees. She hadn't received this much energy loss in a while. Looking up, she noticed the stone circle around her. That would make escaping much more difficult. This fight would have to end now.

Checking around her for no incoming missiles or other objects, Gemina attempted to stand up. Failing this, she resigned herself to the kneeling position that she was in, then shouted at the top of her voice. "Stop!" Pausing for a second, she then continued in a softer tone, although still stern, "Enough. This will go on no longer, else someone will die, and that would be unfortunate. Come, let us all converse at the table."

DeletedUser35174

Jax's swing missed as the girl dived backwards, only to be hit from the side by one of the women. She had the ability to manipulate wind it seemed. After being knocked back, a blast of light hit her, causing her to sprawl. Glancing sideways, Jax saw it was from the annoying girl, Iattaris. "Stop!. Enough. This will go on no longer, else someone will die, and that would be unfortunate. Come, let us all converse at the table." she shouted at the top of her voice. Jax took a step towards her, "Drop it!" he ordered, pointing at the scythe, his voice was deep and quiet, he didn't need to yell or talk loudly to be heard. "Don't think about it" he added,referring to the ability to materialize a weapon, his voice again deep, quiet and threatening.

DeletedUser28032

"My dear lady, I do believe you have annoyed him...though you were foolish enough to challenge us all to a fight to the death" Kaiden spoke amiably from where he sat at the table not having moved during the entire ordeal, instead watching intently as the others had fought one another "Now I have travelled a very long way, as have the rest of us, to be here so I believe you owe us all an explanation" he continued, holding his arm out to one side, palm upwards as he did so. A sudden creaking of wood fills the clearing as the branches of the apple tree begin to move; lowering one of its apple laden boughs so as to drop a piece of fruit into the rangers upturned hand before returning to its original state.
Shining the apple upon his tunic Kaiden patiently waits to see if Jax would disembowel the woman with his axe before speaking to her once again "So tell me G what interest have you in the undying?"

Deleted User - 819397

It appeared that the combination of their attacks was enough to subdue the woman, who then requested that they return to the table and sit so that they could discuss what to do. Releasing her control over the crystals she'd summoned, the glittering stones crumbling in beautiful shards, she leapt to the ground, rolling to absorb the impact and running back to her seat next to Kaiden, her weapon gone by the time she hit the earth. "Whoo that was fun!" she grinned. "You should've participated you know…you have to take the chances for excitement to get enjoyment out of life!" she explained to him.

She watched open-mouthed as the quiet man caused the apple tree to move and deliver a piece of fruit into his hand. She thought about leaping to try to grab one, but before she could, it moved back to its original position. "Aww…" she grumbled to herself. Kaiden then asked the woman what she wanted with…the undying. "Wait, he wasn't kidding? You all are immortal? That's so cool! How'd you do that? How old are you all??" It was clear she didn't realize she was included in this group still, but rather thought she was the only "ordinary" one in the group, relatively speaking.

DeletedUser25825

Emdi watched the others enter into a flurry of action against Gemina, though like Kaiden, she too did not get up from her spot. There were several things that were performed by the others and Gemina that Emdi took note of and stored for later thought upon, or use if the need arose. As Gemina called off the "test", which is what Emdi had little doubt this charade was, she turned her attention once more toward Jax. It was a bit of a foolish request, and made little sense to the monk. Why would it matter to drop a weapon, that can instantly be recalled? She raised her eyebrows slightly and glanced at Kaiden as a ghost of a smile appeared on her lips. She turned her attention toward their gracious host, and waited to see what this was ultimately all about.

DeletedUser13682

"And remember, the force generated when you hit will be equal to..." Ṗráp̄sáryn Vanna's voice disappeared as Akana ran into Jemina. As Akana tumbled on the ground, and into a stone wall (where had that come from?), she inwardly cursed herself for not slashing at all at Jemina. As Jemina seemed to have another personality change, the walls disappeared and the nearby air filled with glittering things. Akana got up and dusted herself off, walking back to her coat and hat. Why had she been distracted by thoughts not concerning the fight? Yes, she had thought about what she was doing, but Ṗráp̄sáryn Vanna wasn't talking about what she had to do, and she was putting new words in his mouth, words he had never said.

The Nostrum man was polishing an apple, and Bubbly was asking how old everyone was, thinking that she wasn't one of the Cirantana Gente. Akana ignored this conversation, and instead, decided to feed herself, her stomach complaining again after her body exerted more than normal walking energy twice that day. Akana climbed up the tree, finding a suitable apple, and began to eat it, not bothering to come back down, hopefully to avoid having to talk with the others, especially Bubbly and the Grey Moron.

DeletedUser31931

Jokir laughed as the girl clearly didn't realise that the gift of eternal youth was hers to. "My darling, this is going to come as a shock, but you are no different to all the others seated around this table. As you age, you shall not age, you are frozen at this age, and this physical prowess, of course you must maintain your fitness and strength to a degree, but you will not waste away from hunger, time shall not wither your bones. Welcome to ranks of the undying, so long as you avoid all blades."

Jokir laughed again, it would be funny to see her reaction. It had taken him a while to realise, mainly because when he had first been told he had assumed that the delay in his growth was only temporary and that eventually he would die of old age (the person who had told him was only 50 at the time), however, over the years it had become apparent through the many people he had met, he would not fall to time.

DeletedUser

Wallace let out another sigh of disappointment as the promising fight against Gemina who had used her speed to dodge all attacks thus far was pushed to the point of giving up after she had gotten careless, missing the shirtless man, getting run into by the wind girl and blasted by Iatairris who had harnessed the power of the sun as a weapon.
A fight that was interesting if only showing the ability of some of the group. De-summoning his weapons and notices with slight chargrin that the wind girl had crashed into one of his stone walls. Wallace uses his powers to fracture the walls and they are blown away as sand by the wind. By this point the others the others had moved around the defeated Gemina and though two appeared to make empty (probably) threats towards her their attention seemed to be towards trying to get her to tell them why they had been summoned and vaguely telling Iatairris the fact that she is basically ignored by the march of time.

Feeling he would hear why he was summoned at some point, Wallace follows the wind girl... Red to the base of the apple tree and shouts up. "Hey! Red! Would you mind throwing me down an apple? I would get one myself but I don't think this tree would agree with me!"

Apelatia

The Forest Glade

Gemina stiffened when Jax threatened her, telling her to drop her scythe. Looking up at him with a glare, she responded, "Don't beguile me youngling. You have no authority here." She made to stand up again, and this time, she succeeded. Using her scythe as a support, she left Jax standing where he was and walked over to the carved table, seating herself in the wooden seat which had originally been occupied by Jax. Once sat down, she un-summoned her scythe, and placed her elbows firmly on the table, allowing her head to rest on her hands. Having made herself comfortable, Gemina looked round at the group of travellers curiously.

After a few minutes had passed, she stirred, "I see that you all received my letters. It is good that you have come today. We have been waiting a long time for this day to come. Now...where to start..." After a brief pause, Gemina's eyes brightened, and she started talking again. "Some of you may have noticed that you are immortal..." She extended her left arm towards Kaiden to illustrate her point. "...and others of you may not have." Gemina winked at Iatarris. "So yes, my point is that you are all immortal, and that is why you have all been called to this glade today. You are all members of a long-forgotten order know as...the Arínaleca. I will say no more for now, but you can ask questions if you'd like to..." Leaning back in her chair, Gemina waited to see the reactions of the various members of the group.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35174

"Don't beguile me youngling. You have no authority here." said Gemina, causing Jax to emit a low growl in his throat. She walked away, using her scythe as a walking stick. "Some of you may have noticed that you are immortal.." indicating Kaiden, and others of you may not have. So yes, my point is that you are all immortal, and that is why you are here today. You are all members of a long-forgotten order know as...the Arínaleca. I will say no more for now, but you can ask questions if you'd like to..." she waited and leaned back in her chair. Jax stood where he was, he pushed aside his urges to kill her and asked "You called us here because...".

DeletedUser

Arkadi watched as the fight drew to its' own end. The one called Gemina sat in the chair that had previously been occupied by the barbarian. "Some of you may have noticed that you are immortal.. and others of you may not have. So yes, my point is that you are all immortal, and that is why you are here today. You are all members of a long-forgotten order known as...the Arínaleca. I will say no more for now, but you can ask questions if you'd like to..."
Arkadi leaned back, took his kukri out and began to play with it again. He hadn't come here for a question and answer session. Either he got answers then and there or he would walk away. But before he could speak his mind the barbarian spoke; "You called us here because..."
He sighed and halted the dance of his blade. "She called us here because she wants us to do something." Someone always did. "The real questions are why, what, and why. Why does she want us to do something, what does she want us to do, and why should we do it." He stared directly at 'G'. "Those are your questions, now present us with our answers."

DeletedUser28032

"I've done the whole fight to the death thing too many times already "Kaiden replied making a dismissive gesture with his free hand before taking a bite out of the apple. Once again the subject of the girl's immortality and apparent ignorance of it was raised to be answered by Jokir who was thankfully somewhat more tactful than the assassin Arkadi.
With the others slowly returning to the table; joined by a weakened Gemina, Kaiden listens as she begins to explain why she had summoned them all here "Arinaleca!? Don’t make me laugh girl I may be immortal but I am not a god!" Kaiden scoffed upon hearing the girl used his people's name for the pantheon of gods they worshipped...had worshipped rather to describe them using it as if the Arinaleca had been some form of militia unit "No Arkadi here is right, you need us for something so best you get to the point before we all die of old age"