Fathomless Sunset - Letramenia

DeletedUser28032

Leaning back in his chair, Kaiden watched as the others slowly filtered into the extravagant dining room and with the exception of Whisper; who struck Kaiden as being one of those wilderness children he had witnessed from time to time deep within the forest took seats about the table.
He had never seen so many undying in the same place before, he'd only ever witnessed them singly; chance encounters within the wilds or dangerous quarry to be put down before they could cause any further damage. Yes that was the danger of immortality not everyone could cope with the concept of outliving everyone they ever met, that or they revelled in the idea so much that they thought themselves untouchable, gods even who no longer had to obey the laws of man, at which point Kaiden would normally step in.
Looking over at the woman calling herself Red he speaks tentatively so as not to offend but finding himself curious about those around him "Your accent...I can't recall ever hearing it before... from where do you hail exactly? Perhaps I could pay it a visit some time?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

As Akana sat in her chair, twirling her hat absentmindedly, the others filtered into the room. Whisper, the one who had probably never seen the inside of a building before, nor understood the reason this room didn’t need columns, was staring in awe at everything she saw. Judging by the way she looked at the paintings, Akana would put money on Whisper thinking that the paintings had the soul (or a synonym) of their subjects. As Meistr Pincel would say, the best artwork didn’t capture the essence of anything, but fooled the viewer into thinking that it had. During her thinkings, Akana was startled out of them by a voice, nearly causing her to drop her hat. Luckily for him she didn’t. Looking to see who spoke, she saw Kaiden, who might have moved when Akana wasn’t paying attention. Looking around, hoping that he was talking to somebody else, Akana was disappointed to see that she was the only one who he could have been talking to. Sighing, Akana answered him. “I know about my village to still exist not. I remember the location of my village not.” Turning away from Kaiden, Akana went back to spinning her hat, and waiting for food (hopefully they were getting fed).

DeletedUser28032

Upon receiving the somewhat terse reply Kaiden gives a single sigh of disappointment "A pity, it would have been nice to see somewhere for the first time for a change" he said quietly as he stared up at the ceiling. He'd spent the better part of his five hundred years travelling this land, normally in pursuit of something or someone and so had seen much of what was on offer "Perhaps not remembering is for the best...I don't even recognise my home village anymore, the house in which I grew up is now a market" or more accurately under a market. With these morose thoughts circling around his head Kaiden once again falls into silence, wondering when he'd be able to return to his life of solitude within the wilderness of the borderlands.

Deleted User - 819397

"Ooh, a treehouse! Or wait, not a treehouse, but a house that has trees IN IT!" Iatairris exclaimed, walking slowly up the stairs, taking in the sight, grinning in excitement. "This is so cool! How was this made? It must've been really hard!" She kept this chatter up until they reached the room where they were going to talk things over further. She again chose a seat next to Kaiden, as he was one of the few that had been nice to her thus far, Wallace being the other. The young man asked the woman who had called herself Red where her village was, only to be told that she didn't know. He then mentioned that it'd be nice to go someplace that he hadn't been thus far. "Well, I haven't seen you around my town before, I can assure you of that! Unless you were there before I was born, of course, seeing as you're apparently older than you look…" she hesitated as she remembered everyone's insistence that she was like them, and what that could mean, but then was back to her normal self again. "You should see the cave I practically grew up in! I don't typically like visitors there, but I'd make an exception…it's amazing in there, so many crystals, so many shapes, colors…I miss it, to be honest, but since I can make them wherever I go now…" in a flash of light a spiky shard of purple crystal appeared, possibly an amethyst. "When I make stuff like this, it reminds me of home, and then it doesn't feel so hard being away!" She examined the rock carefully, using what was clearly a trained eye, honed from hours upon hours of practice and observation, lost in her own little world for the moment.

DeletedUser35174

Jax tuned out for most of the conversation, instead he stared long at hard at Gemina. Every instinct in his body told him not to trust her, and his instinct was usually right. When the newcomer came from the trees, Jax didn't react, as he saw she meant no harm. After a short exchange of words between the woman and Kaiden Gemina moves towards the dense section of the forest, the one that Jax felt was dangerous. As she started muttering in a foreign language, Jax tightened his grip on his axe. Instead of a foe, where stood the trees now stood a doorway. Gemina led them through and Jax was the last one in, his grip still tight on his weapon.
Inside the doorway, a narrow staircase led them to the top. On the top lay a hall. Jax never set foot in a hall before. A circular table stood in the centre of the hall, the walls of the hall were decorated with beautiful paintings of forests and trees. The others take seats and start talking, only when they start talking about their home does Jax pay attention. Kaiden and Red's home don't exist anymore. Jax wondered did the fort he came from exist any more. "I was born in Rathgar" Jax says to kaiden, his voice cold, hard and emotionless. If Kaiden had lived long enough, he would know about the notorious bandit hideout. Maybe even about the child that killed the chief of the fort many years ago. Although he didn't regret killing his father, some nights he shed a tear over it, but that maybe because his mom took the blame for his sins.

DeletedUser28032

"Yes...I know of Rathgar" Kaiden said cautiously, studying the man’s face trying to gauge his reaction before continuing in the same wary tone; wondering how quickly he could get the tree in which they were currently sat to come to his defence if required "I fear I must inform you however that your home is a ruin...the chief was murdered... from what I heard anyway, and the man that replaced him was nowhere near as wily...those that had remained with him were slaughtered to a man" without the leadership of the previous chief the men of Rathgar had become a menace and so Kaiden had made it his business to remove them once and for all, not that he was going to tell this to Jax.
Briefly looking into the barbarian's eyes in order to get an idea of his age Kaiden figured him to have been old enough to have known the previous chieftain...a stable boy perhaps? Or maybe even a warrior in training? Who knew it, was all in the past anyway.
Realising that Iatairris' babbling had finally reached a relevant topic as he'd been speaking to Jax he offers the girl a friendly smile as he receives the invitation to visit her home "Yes...I may well do that...only a quick visit mind, three or four years and then I'd have to return to the borderlands. Things tend to get a little unruly up there if it’s left unattended for too long"

DeletedUser

Wallace followed behind the group eating one of the queer yellow fruits and watches as Gemini. Parts trees by chanting to reveal a hidden door and stairs behind it. Looking around the clearing and remembering how thickly packed the trees were Wallace wonders how big the hideout was and why someone would make a base out of something so dreadfully flammable.

Follow the others up the really narrow stairway to a large room dominated by an enormous circular table in the center. The walls of the wooden structure were covered in pictures of landscapes and the entire room elaborately decorated with little odds and ends that he supposed were supposed to make the place look expensive. Wallace initially takes interest looking at the paintings but upon seeing nothing but the kind of landscapes he had already seen with his own eyes he lost interest and looked to the table where most of the group... the Arinalca were sitting.

After a few moments of listening to them talk about where they were from Wallace walks over to one of the supports for the room, leans on it, closes his eyes and listens. Gemina doesn't seem like the type to be the one in charge, I wonder where that person could be. He thinks as he listens for the sound of others moving inside the 'building'.

Apelatia

Eldaríl Hall

The group having all made their way up into the hall, Gemina raises her hands in a friendly gesture before faltering, a sadness seeming to creep over her face... She had obviously been listening intensely to the group's conversation, which had turned to the topic of homes. Smiling sadly, Gemina spoke in a low monotone to those sat around the table. "I never knew my home. I was born, and then...deposited on a tree stump not far from here... I've never travelled more than a league in any direction from this, my home..." Leaning backwards in her chair, Gemina crossed her arms, and then continued, "I've always wondered where I came from... He wouldn't tell me..." It was then that Gemina seemed to snap back into reality, running her hands through her hair nervously. "Oh, I do apologise." Looking at Kaiden, she murmured, "Occasionally we need time to muse over the events of the past, do we not Kaiden? Though...it is not healthy to dwell on any situation for an overly long time... Let that be a lesson to those of you who are yet young."

Nodding her head firmly in a manner which suggested that she meant what she had just said, Gemina turned to Jokir. "All your questions will be answered in time." Getting up from her chair, Gemina turned and walked towards one of the side alcoves, before disappearing down the corridor. Three minutes passed, before she returned, this time with a man beside her. Once again approaching the table, she raised her voice, so that those who had chosen to sit away from the table could hear her speaking. "Friends, this is my guide, my keeper and lastly, my father..." The man beside her stood slightly taller than her, with chestnut brown hair and deep green eyes, deeper than those of any in the room. So deep in fact, that they almost looked as if the eyes captured the true essence of that colour. He wore light clothing, with boots which came up to his knees. Gemina sat down in her original seat, but the man remained standing. Motioning to the entire room, he spoke, his words seeming to flow out of his mouth like a calm stream winding its way through a forested valley. "Friends...it has been a long time that I have waited for this day. You are all most welcome in my home. In fact, I am overjoyed to see you all here Arína." Looking towards the figures of Wallace and Whisper, he laughed, the sound rolling out of his mouth like some sort of a spring, thought not entirely like one... "Make the most of your time indoors. Here is a haven unlike any which you shall ever set foot in again. Come to the table, else I will have to raise my voice, and that would be an unneeded burden."

Expecting that the two would make their way over to the table, he grinned at the group. "I am Mezonas. It is nice to make your acquaintances. I hope that Gemina here wasn't too harsh in her testing methods..." Leaning over the table, he picked up an apple and started to munch on it, sitting down in a chair to the left of Gemina. It was Gemina who spoke next. "Now, as you have all so kindly gathered here today, I would like to clear the mist which hangs over the depths of your minds." Winking at Iatairris, she spoke, "I summoned those of you that came here today for a reason... I shall begin with a tale."

"Many centuries ago, there was a kingdom, a kingdom which I never knew myself. At the heart of this kingdom was Cecia Town, a testament to the long lives and great minds of the Arínaleca. This town had existed for an age, with leaders being born, and slain through most unfortunate means... But alas, this town stood. One day though...it fell. The home of my ancestors, your ancestors taken. It's keepers were swept aside like feathers, and those who fought against this mighty foe were slain. Only one Arína escaped." Glancing at Mezonas, she continued, "Perhaps you knew of this town before. I would certainly expect those of you who are old to know of this place, and others of you who have never strayed outside the borders of this forest will not know... For the sake of not being evasive, I will put it bluntly. "You have been called here today to be trained as true Arína warriors, and to take back the home of our ancestors from that imposter." Letting that last statement hang in the air, Gemina waited to hear the reactions of those gathered in the room.

DeletedUser35174

"Yes...I know of Rathgar. I fear I must inform you however that your home is a ruin...the chief was murdered... from what I heard anyway, and the man that replaced him was nowhere near as wily...those that had remained with him were slaughtered to a man" replied Kaiden. A low growl escaped Jax's throat. "That "chief" was my father" He said blankly. Then Gemina spoke, about her hometown, she was born and left on a tree stump, she never traveled more than a league away from this tree. Jax wondered how old she was.
Gemina walked away and returned with a, he was slightly taller than her and had the purest green eyes Jax ever saw."Friends...it has been a long time that I have waited for this day. You are all most welcome in my home. In fact, I am overjoyed to see you all here Arína." he said. He introduced himself as Mezonas. An odd name, in Jax's opinion. Gemina spoke next, about a kingdom that existed centuries ago, till it was destroyed.
"You have been called here today to be trained as true Arína warriors, and to take back the home of our ancestors from that imposter." She concluded. ".... Trained, by who?. You. You summoned us here so we can start a war, and why should we, it isn't our war to fight. A handful of warriors can't take on a "kingdom"."

DeletedUser28032

"Apologies I didn't know" Kaiden replies without any real conviction, it had all been such a long time ago and when was all said and done it hadn't been him that had killed his father. It was at this point Gemina spoke up, saying how she'd never really had a home nor gone far from where they were currently sat the idea of staying in the same place for such a long time sounding torturous to the ranger "Nostalgia has its uses from time to time" he replies quietly to the statement directed at him leading him to believe that she was of an age similar to his own.
With her musings seemingly completed she then disappears through a doorway to then return a few minutes later with a truly ancient man with eyes that were far greener than any he'd ever seen before.
Between the pair of them they regaled those gathered around the table with a tale of an ancient kingdom rules by their ancestors that would eventually fall to malign forces. The tale wasn't really new to him as much of it matched up with the religion held by his former people; Cecia had been the home of the gods before it too had fallen to a demon, a demon it would appear that he was to slay "Difficult yes...but not impossible, after five centuries I've had a long time to perfect my...abilities...between us we should be able to wreak some havoc" he said in response to the barbarians assertations that the task was impossible "But he's right, they may have been you're ancestors but mine came from the borderlands so I don't see why we should fight a war over a kingdom that was long dead before we were all born" and considering his age that was a very long time ago.

DeletedUser

Eventually Gemina fetched and introduced her 'father', a strange looking man with stranger eyes. Soon after he sat down, Gemina launched into her explanation of why they had been summoned. She told a tale of some long lost city, founded, ruled and populated by the original Arinleca, which in the end was conquered by some 'imposter', felling all but one of the Arinleca. From that she declared that this was their rightful ancestral home, and that they (they, not us, Arkadi noted unhappily) were to train as 'true' Arina warriors and take it back. Jax immediately responded, questioning who they were to be trained by, and how they few could take a whole kingdom. Kaiden followed, saying that with the right amount of skill they could take it (or at least pester the occupants), but they had no motivation to fight for the home of Gemina's ancestors. Arkadi nodded, before speaking. "Kaiden and Jax are right. Cecia may be your 'rightful' (he snarled as he pronounced the word) home, but it is not ours. This is not our fight. You would have us fight your own personal vendetta for a place you believe is rightfully yours just because a long time ago somebody related to you squatted there. No. I will not fight in your feud."

DeletedUser

Whisper sat contemplating the conversations that were taking place at the table regarding home. Whispers parents had been killed so long ago, that they were only a faint memory. If she closed her eyes and concentrated, she could almost see an image of a woman holding her. The only home she had known was the forest. The only family she knew were the animals and trees. Whisper felt a kinship with Gemina, who had sadly said she never knew her home. Then, Gemina left the room, and returned with a man who called himself Mezonas. His vivid green eyes caught Whisper’s for a moment, and then he laughed. Instantly she felt at ease. As he invited her and Wallace to the table, Whisper gracefully rose and approached, but was somewhat apprehensive about sitting in the chair. She sat gingerly on the edge at first, not feeling comfortable at all, then, gently eased back.

The Gemina began telling a story. She said…..”the home of my ancestors, your ancestors…. Only one Arina escaped.” The words were reverberating through her head. Your ancestors translated to my ancestors. Only one Arina escaped….. Could she have a family at last? “Oh my word, I have a family.” Whisper said aloud. Tears started flowing freely down Whispers face, and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. She stared at Mezonas, and her chin quivered. She finally had a family, and she would do whatever was asked of her. “Tell me what you need me to do.”

DeletedUser13682

Jemina, in response to the abortive conversation attempt that somehow led to a different conversation, told a story of how she never knew her home, then how she never trimposter. from the tree. Was she trying to get pity from the group? It wasn't working for Akana. It was Jemina's fault for not ttraveling, her home was here now, and why would she want to know her origin if they didn't want her? That snapped her into action though, and she ran off to fetch someone. Before she left though, she chided Kaiden for being nostalgic, though she had nothng to be nostalgic about. Surprisingly, Akana found herself agreeing with Kaiden's response.

Jemina then left to grab that someone, the one who wouldn't tell Jemina where she came from. He was an old man (you could tell from the eyes [too green for some reason]), who was described by Jemina as her guide, keeper, and father. But if this was Jemina's father, how did she not know where she came from? He introduced himself as Mezonas and sat down to eat. Akana also began eating one of the apples as Jemina spoke again.

She described Cecia Town, a city dedicated to the Arínaleca and centre of a kingdom. One day, that kingdom was conquered and Cecia Town razed. Akana knew this story, it was from this event that her home village was founded by refugees from the war. Akana did not know, however, that the site was occupied by someone Jemina called an imposter. She wanted them to train in true Arínaleca warrior ways and take back Cecia Town. Naturally, most of the group was against it. Akana was with them. Strangely, though, Whisper was for it, thinking she finally had a family. That didn't make sense. She existed, therefore a family. Just because she didn't know them didn't mean they didn't exist. Akana decided to voice her opinion. "My village is from Cecia's refugees descended. Cecia is my home not. Why fight I for this place? I have no reason to act. I have nothing from fighting to gain. Goodbye." TThis trip was a waste of time, something Akana was worried it would be. Let those who care fight, leave the rest out. Akana got up to leave, not using her power, so as to keep the food from being disturbed.

DeletedUser

Wallace stood leaning on the support through the groups continued conversation, Gemina's exit and return. Upon hearing another person walking beside her Wallace stands upright and looks the newcomer up and down. The man who was supposedly her father, an unusual think since she said she had been orphaned, the man had hair like his daughter but his eyes were strikingly green. Wallace wasn't sure what would cause that but he supposed it had something to do with their powers. The two moved to the table and the man called for Whisper and Wallace to join them at the table. After this and a short greeting the man became silent and Gemina spoke once more.

Gemina told them about a kingdom who's fall her father had survived. A kingdom apparently run by people like them. A kingdom ruled by powerful immortals who changed leaders through murder. And this kingdom of godlike humans had been wiped out by one person? Wallace listened to the objections of the group and looked in surprise at Whisper's conclusion that they were family. An interesting idea if their powers were inherited through bloodlines.

Since most of the group had given their thoughts on the situation Wallace decided to add his as well. " Mezonas, I agree what this 'imposter' did was wrong but what you are asking to do boils down to a war. Countless innocents would die in any effort to retake Cecia Town and in the event we fail this 'imposter' who seems to have no ill will or at least has not moved to kill us survivors of that old kindgom would have a reason to declare a war on all of the people of the people of this forest. On the other hand if we kill this person we have just killed the leader of a kingdom that has existed for centuries."

DeletedUser31931

Jokir sat and listened and laughed at the responses of the others, they were quite right. He stood up and spoke to the girl, Gemma. "I won't fight an all out war, that isn't my style. I can slip in there, kill off your imposter, open the gates for you, yeah sure, but I'm not fighting in a battle, that'll just get me killed. Give me a better reason or I leave."

Deleted User - 819397

Iatairris contained herself as Gemina started talking, leaving to bring back a man called Mezonas, who seemed nice enough. They then talked about how there was a kingdom that had been taken over years ago and how they wanted the group to train to fight and reclaim the kingdom. Most of the members of the table then began saying that they wanted no part in this, mainly because they didn't have any direct relation to the kingdom, so why should they fight for it? Only Whisper immediately accepted the task. Once she'd gotten her thoughts in order, Iatairris spoke up, clearly being more careful with her words than typical. "I personally think it'd be a really fun quest, and I'd be for it…but I don't want to kill people…I'm not a killer. I mean, the stuff I did back in the clearing I did because it was a game, but I'm not going to fight someone with intent to kill! There's just no way I could do something like that. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do this!" She looked truly upset about having said that…as usual, her thoughts were honest and direct.

DeletedUser28032

"Family!?...ha! we all might share a bloodline but that is all" Kaiden snorted derisively as the girl; Whisper agreed to join Gemina in her quest whilst all those around her refused "...I had a family once, they died...my wife, my daughter and my grandsons all grew old and died before my eyes whilst all the while I remained nineteen years old so I'd be very careful when wishing for a family if I was you" sometimes when he closed his eyes he could just about picture his wife’s face, the colour of her eyes or the sound of her voice other times she was but a hazy memory...no, people weren't good for him better to be alone and protect them from a distance.
It was as these morose thoughts circled through his head that yet more stated their own refusal two even rising to leave altogether. It was Iatairris' somewhat restrained response that he found most interesting as she initially agreed to join, not surprising considering her age. At twenty something he would have leapt at the chance as well. Her eventual refusal came with her stating that she didn't want to kill anybody, and looking truly upset as she said so causing Kaiden to slowly ask if she was ok.
Boy...you really are new to this aren't you?

Apelatia

Eldaríl Hall

The duo listened carefully to the arguments and opinions of the group. Mezonas though, appeared to look quite anxious, as if he were standing on the edge of a cliff and was about to lose everything he knew to the drop. Gemina smiled when Whisper became the first to officially join the group. In response to her, Gemina said, "Thank you Whisper. The knowledge that you will be on our side invigorates me." Once again, Gemina got up from her chair, although this time she started to pace backwards and forwards behind the table, as if engaged in a long mental battle with herself.

Once Gemina had stopped pacing, she turned back to those situated at the table who were in opposition to any sort of move against Cecia Town. Speaking slowly and carefully, she allowed a calmness to edge into her voice. "My friends, do not think that I called you here this day to tell you of forgotten kingdoms and dark demon imposters. No, there is a much greater threat at hand... You see, when the imposter took over with his demonic armies, he captured many of the fleeing mortal humans, and forced them to populate the city for his own uses. This way, as the mortals who were captured in the town died, and repopulated over many years, they soon forgot that Yeltzoa was their dark overlord, and began to look on him with new-found trust and awe. He abused their trust... Now that the townsfolk have completely forgotten about the Fall, they will do whatever the imposter asks of them. They even consent to live alongside his demons in harmony! What blindness! If only they knew..."
Sighing, Mezonas continued for her, "We are not asking you to fight an all-out war for us, rather, we want you to capture the town for yourselves. There is something we have not told you. The minds of the townsfolk have been so poisoned, that they now have a deep-settled hate of the inhabitants of this Forest, on account of Yeltzoa's storytelling... What we haven't told you, is that the entire southwest portion of this forest is now under attack from the town army of Cecia, as well as the demonic forces. The dwellers of that section of the Forest are helpless against these forces. Nothing can hold them back... We do not understand why though. There is something at work here that we do not understand yet..."

Gemina returned to her seat, then looked intensely at Akana, who seemed to be the one who would leave first. "Every Arína held their home in Cecia once upon a time. We were raised and trained there. Every worthy Arína was made a true Arínaleca member there. Some of us even fell in love there. Gemina looked at Mezonas, who, rather than turning red, seemed to sink into some sort of sadness. Ignoring his expression, Gemina continued to talk to Akana, "I truly understand why you would think that you should have nothing to do with this town. I would have thought the same if it were not for Mezonas' teachings. The whole world will be plunged into an eternal, unconquerable darkness if you do not act! This Forest will be no more, Iatairris' cave will become a demon sanctuary, all the trees will be burnt to ashes, and we will be no more. That foul imposter will reign forever! Go, Akana and the rest of you, and you will only feel regret for your...hasty actions. Rewards will follow should we manage to kill this foe, for if we do, then all else will fall into place. Go, if you will, but I implore you not to. The lives of all those innocent, helpless people are ours to guard."

DeletedUser13682

(Giving us a hint with Yeltzoa?)

As Akana stood in the doorway to the outside world and away from this insane tree, Jemina began to speak of how those mortals who had not managed to escape Cecia Town had fallen under the rule of the evil overlord, where human and demon (daemon) lived side by side. According to Jemina, this was wrong, evil even. Also, this imposter, as Jemina insisted on calling him, was the one who ordered this, and probably ordered the current residents of Cecia to do whatever evil he wanted them to do, and they did it, because they knew no better. Then, to add onto the persuasive speech, apparently capturing Cecia Town would win a war that had been going on in the southwest of the forest. Since the people of Cecia were convinced that the Forest was evil, Yeltzoa (the ruler of Cecia?) had sent an army to crush the forest. That was worrisome, for there were a few people in the forest who Akana had helped, and had some compassion for, that is, if there were any left. Most likely not, for it had been a generation since Akana had made any meaningful contact with humankind.

Now Jemina walked over to Akana and spoke to her personally; spoke of how all Arína once lived in Cecia Town, lived their lives, learned the ways of the Arínaleca, found the love of their lives (a quick look at Mezonas revealed that he might have lost his love at Cecia, making him older than the Fall), all in Cecia, a town now overrun with corruption and evil. Jemina let out a plea to Akana and the rest gathered there to fight and save the forest, and the world, from Yeltzoa and his army, which was currently destroying the southwest of the forest, next target the world.

“Stop,” Akana ordered, then looked to the gathered Arína. They were from different parts of the forest, maybe even from beyond the forest, Akana didn’t care either way. The fact that this woman had wasted so much of their time to sell them on her ideals angered Akana. What angered her even more was that some were buying into it. One who should know better, and one who couldn’t know better. Turning to face Jemina, Akana spoke. “Good and evil are relative. Good is good to one person. Good is bad to another person. As motion, so is morality. Yeltzoa is evil to you. He is evil to me not. You say Yeltzoa an imposter to be. You and Mezonas should know rulers change. Nobody is innocent.” Akana turned away and almost passed through the door. Before leaving, she turned around. “Also, love exists not. Goodbye.” Akana walked down the wood stairs, and to the apple tree in the clearing. Jumping, Akana landed on a high branch, next to a few apples. Before leaving, she would see how many more of them fell for Jemina’s trap of heartstring tugging and innocent slaughtering. She would have made a good propagandist if she had been born in another time, another place.

DeletedUser31931

Jokir listened to both Gemina and Akana as they spoke in turn. He knew people in those forests, but that was a long time ago, almost fifty years now. "I don't believe you, either that he is an imposter, or that the world is in danger. However, I give you the benefit of the doubt. I will go to these forests, on my own mind you, and see if what you say is true, and if it is, I may well consider joining you." With this, Jokir jumped over the banister and landed gracefully on the stairs, he spun and walked out. "Red." he said "I do believe the girl has good in her heart, and they just wish to reclaim what they consider is their rightful homeland. In that sense I say we give her the benefit of the doubt, I go to these forests, to see if what she claims is true, and if it is, then I will pass judgement on whether to join her side. Will you join me? This is a journey I feel for once it would be better to have company on."