Farewell in the name of the Almighty Brown Tie

DeletedUser22685

Hello, all your poor souls who remain.

Most of you by this point will only know me as the grumpy guy who complains about tombolas with every chance he gets (don't worry, I'll get to that shortly). A few others will hopefully remember me from years gone by, when I like to think that I was able to provide some form of insight, advice and entertainment to the hundreds of players I interacted with during that time. It's for these people that I decided to write this post.

Unfortunately, most of the friends I made here quit long ago. The vast majority of the ones who remain have probably not had any contact with me in the last few years as a result of my own inactivity. The last time I retired from The West was towards the end of 2013, and at that time I contacted as many people as possible in order to say my goodbyes for what I thought would be the last time. This time around, I lack the energy to even log in and do that. This time around, I can say with 100% certainty that I will not be back.

Over the last few years I've been logging in once per day purely out of a habit which has now been a part of my life for over 9 years. For almost 8 years now I've been a member of Inno's volunteer staff, a job towards which I dedicated countless hours of my time before becoming disillusioned by the pay-to-win culture which is being constantly cultivated, tombola after tombola. It pains me to see the game that I once loved in the state that it is in today, and it pains me even more to know that my hours of work will soon amount to nothing, that my pleas fell on deaf ears time and time again, and most of all that each new player I've seen arriving occasionally will never get to experience the fantastic journey that this game once represented.

With that said, I'll ride off into the sunset with no small amount of relief. I'm proud of what I achieved here, of the friends I met and of the contributions I made towards what I firmly believe was - at its peak - Inno's best game to date. I won't miss the game in its current form, but I will miss many of the players. I'll now take my long overdue place alongside the many retired players who I've been honoured to call my friends, and I hope that my legacy will live on in at least a few minds. All the best with whatever lies ahead.

Futu out

Pankreas PorFavor

:( thanks for everything, Futu.
over the last 9 years, I can't remember any other player except you that I never disagreed with :D I can't say I've read all 6758 of your posts in this forum, or those in beta and in-game forums, but those I had - I agreed with and found them useful many times.
take care, stay strong and don't return. I hope I will follow your lead soon.

DeletedUser26820

I was having a great day up until I read the first post in this thread.
We're not poor souls, Futu. We might be naive, suckers, trapped into a never ending slot machine game, but us ole porch dogs are not poor of commitment to it.
You were never a grumpy guy... just committed to the same silly game as other ole porch dogs.
Never played with you on a server but shared the same commitment to the game.
I was never a "friend" of yours, sharing hearts or flowers or whatnot, but I'd like to think we were ole porch dogs, together.

Regarding your "I've been a member of Inno's volunteer staff, a job towards which I dedicated countless hours of my time before becoming disillusioned by the pay-to-win culture which is being constantly cultivated, tombola after tombola...", I can give a great recollection of your recent dedication, but that's between you & I.
I'm just but one toon that posts here, but YOU were my The West forum host.
That statement and $1 will get you a cup of coffee at the convenience store tomorrow morning, but it's the recognition of your hours, opinions, and working with toons here, in The West forum, that rings loudest.

As long as there are pre-v2.0 toons still playing this game, though our numbers are dwindling, your pleas have been ours and they'll keep being stated.

Rest assured, Futu, you gave more to this silly ass game than it gave you. For whatever it's worth, other toons know, appreciate, respect, honor, value that.
Keep up the great work and keep giving 'em hell in RL the same way you gave it here, you'll be just fine, sir.

Energies, Efforts, Enthusiasms & Motivations aren't just found in this silly game.....
It's when we have them in RL we're afforded the opportunity to share a portion of them to the game.

DeletedUser38817

Damn sorry to hear Futu, you were one of the last remaining originals left in the game, it's a sad day today. It may seem like you haven't done much if people don't know you but behind the scenes you have done a lot more than what can be asked for. I hope rl works out well for you take care and I'm pretty sure sooner or later we will be packing up our bags and calling it a day.

HelenBack

Nooooooo.... Futu! :(

I'm so sad to hear you're leaving us. You've always been a great source of information and entertainment. You will be missed!

I hope you at least pop back to visit us once in a while. Take care and all the best to you. *SAD HUGS!* :(

canufeelit

goodbye futu my old friend...

a true master of the (old) game and 1 of 2 people that were almost as good as me at dueling :)

another step closer to my own finish

best of luck beating up any other group of peeps that decide to cross u. live long and prosper

DeletedUser33353

Not getting on this bandwagon, have a good one futu. I am sure you will be back.

DeletedUser38901

Nice to hear a volunteer tell it like it is. At least they're hesitant to delete YOUR post telling it like it is. Blaze a trail for me I'm right behind you. a last warning to InnoGames: if you keep stomping on your playerbase,you won't have one.bigger and better games have already come and went for the same reason....

DeletedUser33353

Nice to hear a volunteer tell it like it is. At least they're hesitant to delete YOUR post telling it like it is. Blaze a trail for me I'm right behind you. a last warning to InnoGames: if you keep stomping on your playerbase,you won't have one.bigger and better games have already come and went for the same reason....

Meh, you know where the door is. Futu and I have always had our differences, but I will miss him.

DeletedUser26820

Pfft... 9 posts in The West forum by 1Gun, and every one of them either threatens of quitting or attacks someone. Maybe if he'd do less of the later and follow thru on the former, he'd contribute to The West being a more enjoyable game.

DeletedUser15368

People who complain about stuff are the ones who actually care about it, and it's not like he's wrong.

Pankreas PorFavor

People who complain about stuff are the ones who actually care about it, and it's not like he's wrong.

in another topic he (1Gun Irishman) complains about losing the Easter tombola "duel" with 64 damage and that he has to wait 8h for the next one.
I really don't know what exactly he's right about, or what he cares about..?
it's off topic here, I know, but... did you maybe misunderstand what deiben wrote or did I completely miss the point..?