Not a bug Fair spins no longer your choice

• Thread starter DeletedUser6752
  • Start date

DeletedUser6752

It started either with this fair or the last one - I'll use the Clown tent as an example, because that's what made me post this:
Free spin - you choose a cup. The cup lifts up to show you what you won.
One free spin left - you click the Free Spin button and the cups spin.

Used to be, once the cups finish spinning, you then choose which cup you want to look under - I believe (amazing I don't have this process memorized after so long) it even prompted you to choose. It might even have asked about bonds or nuggets, which didn't matter because it's a free spin.

But now it just chooses the same cup again - you have no choice in the matter. After the first spin, the prizes even remain in view until you hit the Free Spin button again. I'm pretty sure you have to log off and on again just to get the previous prizes to go away.

The basic problem is, if you want to play the same game for both free spins, you only get to make your own choice for the first spin now. The second one is made for you.

To me, that's a bug. The only way to avoid it is to play two different games, one for each free spin, which still isn't being able to make your own choice.

Apologies - I didn't take any screen caps, since I sat thinking about it for a bit before I decided to post here about it.

DeletedUser33353

I will have to verify for you but, I always select my choices when I do the freebies.
Horse race for example(just because I race horses for a hobby), I choose the number....hit the freebie. Hit another number, hit the freebie again. Perhaps try that.

DeletedUser6752

Couldn't do it that way any more because the first set of prizes still being there seems to disable the 'clickability' of the cups.

But that is the way I used to do it.

DeletedUser33353

I did just do that on Zona.......I will have to try the cups though.

DeletedUser22685

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but I can still click on the open cups while prizes are being displayed and they proceed to shuffle, allowing me to choose a new one for my second spin. And, just as they always have been, the prizes are completely random and different to the ones that were originally under the cups on the first attempt.

The ability to choose your own cup is nothing more than illusion, just like certain tombola events such as the Day of the Dead with its card game; nothing is determined until after you click on your cup, then it randomly selects an item from the total pool for you to win and four others to display under the other cups as though you would have one those prizes had you selected a different cup. However, had you picked one of those other cups to begin with, completely different prizes would have shown up.

Unless I'm sorely mistaken and have been for years (it's happened before), having the ability to choose your own cup has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game, and prizes from one play aren't retained under the same cups for the second play. You might as well just click the "Play" button in the bottom right corner and let the game pick a cup for you, and the same goes for the other fair games as well. The graphics are there only to make it more entertaining.

If there's a bug here, perhaps it's that you can't click on the cups while they've been raised to show prizes, because I've just tried it and it works fine for me.

DeletedUser34295

Never experienced what you experienced, for me it has always worked just fine using the second spin to whichever cup/horse/whatever of my liking - and still does so.

DeletedUser35277

Disappoint, it does that to me too. Cups stay up in the air, if you click again, it shuffles and lifts one for you. I enjoyed the illusion of choice myself, lol, though I know it is random.

DeletedUser37576

I remember that when you were about to play in any type of games in the fair, there would be a pop-up window saying something like "You have 2 free spins. Are you sure you want to use one of them?"
This message is no longer shown...
Instead, when you click a cup, a card or whatever, it automatically reveals what's under that without giving you the choice to make up your mind..

DeletedUser34781

also the sets are never updated in the very rare section. any new player might like chance to win newer sets..and think freemans and such are great ..they are not. small thing to change really for each cycle of the fair. can't hurt to add sets only months outdated even for people to try get more to upgrade.