EYES OFF! The blind keyboard game!

DeletedUser

First. Get a keyboard. Then. make sure your fingers are on the right keys (Pinky on A, following fingers on SDF etc) thumbs on the spacebar. right hand on JKL. Then just keep practicing and memorising the places your fingers need to go in order to complete words.

DeletedUser35968

Cool tiger . place your index fingers on F and J. You can feel bumps on that keys :) so its easy even without looking at keyboard.

DeletedUser36559

Just make sure you don't keep peeking at the keyboard ;) Otherwise your only fooling yourself.

DeletedUser31931

Indeed, then the basic thing once you've got the essentials down is to work on speed until the point where you have the ability to hit 40 Words per minute. My main problem is the fact that usually I use this keyboard so that when I do not because the size is different I have to adjust my style and that slows me down.

Deleted User - 819397

Forty words per minute? I'm spoiled, I guess…I've become much faster than that, though I guess you could say that's attributed to me being a giant computer nerd, seeing as I'm a Comp Sci major and spend a lot of my free time online writing things…I wrote all this in a minute with plenty of breaks to gather my thoughts.

DeletedUser31931

In terms of writing speed Regal, I'm a bit like you. I can easily go over 40 words per minute but if I do then I start making more and more mistakes and as I speed up here and I'm giong worse an d worse and often by brain can't keep wup with what I want to write and so fingers go in the wrong order and I make more and more mistakes adn this gets worse and worse and I have gotten really quite good at typing fast and I know where and when I'm making mistakes because I can feel my typing out of order or hitting the wrong key but I can't use the backspace beause that's banned by the wthing which sucks. Anyway, that was me going at high speeds. (It also doesn't help that my keyboard can be slighty faulty at times and doesn't always register key-presses.

(Also, apparently my fingers really like hitting the 'w' key, which may be an offset from gaming.)

DeletedUser

I'm pretty competent at touchtyping, I can do something like eighty to ninety words per minute, with only one or two errors.

DeletedUser36559

I can touchtype fairly good, although few mistakes may be here and there I can do up to 50 words a minute.

DeletedUser31931

Forty words a minute is merely a guesstimate. I don't know actually from an actual test since I haven'nt done one in a while. Also the whole brain can't think of words as quickly as I type which often leads to me making mistkaes as I change my mind as to what I want to write.

DeletedUser35968

wHEN does this oktoberfst ends? i readlly ha te because i couldn't reah level 120. i am at 69 now and hoping to make ti to 80 and get the revolver.

DeletedUser36559

Ends on 6th of October at 23:59, only lvl 70 here, there's no way I can reach lvl 120 from the start really.

DeletedUser

Are we still playing the keyboard game in this topic? Because I see some perfect senteces above and even proper questions and answers. And yes, I wrote this whole thing with my eyes closed, including the punctuation marksf, without using backspace. I use the dots/marker on f and j to place my fingers properly and go at it. :D

DeletedUser28032

its fouh tears on and my touch typing skills are stull pretty bad, or at least they are at the minute...