extend end time of auction

DeletedUser

Idea title: 1 minute extension if someone put a new bid in last 5 min of auction.

Details of idea: For now, it's sometimes wise not to out bid, wait for last second of auction and then win in, this new system give all players the same chance to out bid each other while they are online.

Visual Aid: No.

Reasons for submitting: Give the players more chance to out bid, not just the person that out-bid in last second.

Does it enhance the game-play, user interface, etc. Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I will vote yes if the extensions is lower, say 1 min instead of 5.

Ripwise

So if people bid in last minute it gets extended over and over? When does the auction end then?

DeletedUser30224

It never ends. Doesn't have an upper limit. Trust me, it's a very good market system, I've seen it used in some online games before. If you really want the thing, you will bid +10k or +100k not by 1 dollar at a time.

DeletedUser16628

the bigger the cost of the item the more cash you going to have to have to cover a re-bid also or should be .

DeletedUser

So if people bid in last minute it gets extended over and over? When does the auction end then?

The people is going to out bid each other more than 1 $, so with extension the price increase much faster and it will end eventually when someone give up out biding.

Ripwise

The people is going to out bid each other more than 1 $, so with extension the price increase much faster and it will end eventually when someone give up out biding.

Soory but that aint right! If i want item i will bid until i get it! Lets say if there is Howdah/golden toma/winter scarf etc... for bid, i doubt bid would end that soon and the price would get over exaggerated. Those bids would made fundamentals for other prices and soon we would have overexaggerated prices for all items.

DeletedUser

Soory but that aint right! If i want item i will bid until i get it! Lets say if there is Howdah/golden toma/winter scarf etc... for bid, i doubt bid would end that soon and the price would get over exaggerated. Those bids would made fundamentals for other prices and soon we would have overexaggerated prices for all items.

Yeah but players who ultimately lose out on the bid have the thought that at least they made their competitor spend a considerable amount rather than just picking it up at an extra $1. When you stay awake just to bid on a howdah but miss out by a second and $1, doesnt that hurt much more than the thought that your competitor has at least not got it on a throwaway price?

This system ensures that if you really want the item, you need to spend on it and not just wait for the last moment to snatch it off from others hands who were just as eager to get it and needed it more, even more than you.

DeletedUser

If you want an item so bad and you bidding on it for 20 minutes increasing the bid for +1 $ and the same for the other person who out bid you then after some time (hopefully) one side is smart enough to realize that 1 minute in real life is much more important/valuable that +1 $ in game, so even if not you your opponent will start biding +100 or +200 or even +1000 or +2000 on an item like Howdah/Golden Toma/Winter Scarf.

If you want an item you will bid as much as you get it. That's right, but most people is going to understand that increasing the bid for more than +1 $ is going to give a better chance to out bid the opponent.

About the exaggerated price: You are not correct. The seller still have the option to set an immediate price for buying. Also if one of the bidders think the price is too much then he will stop biding on it.

This system ensures that if you really want the item, you need to spend on it and not just wait for the last moment to snatch it off from others hands who were just as eager to get it and needed it more, even more than you.

Exactly. +1

This system also ensure you that out bid your opponent enough (read is as much as) so he won't be able to out bid you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

The 1 min extension does not mean you have to wait 1 min before you can bid again. Therefore if there is a player that bids always +$1, you can bid +10k or +100k, in any case, it will be a bid war and the party that wants to spend the most wins. Since you do not pay fees at the sale price, but at the asking price, developers might want to add a percentual fee that will be subtracted at the end of the auction.

Ripwise

When i bid in last seconds i never bid +1$ but mostly 5-10 or even 50k more depending on the item and the current bid.

The prices set for immediate buy are almost always exaggerated and setting the right price is knowing the realistic value and not just trying to make most of it. Elmyr has pointed out on numerous ocassions that he always puts price to sell it and not to make the extra sum whatever my it be more.

If there was fair bidding then it wouldnt be time dependant but who gives more until one side quits but that isnt a case here. We have set time until bid lasts and if it were prolonged after each time someone bids then eventually we would sit and bid,bid,bid going into price exaggeration because realistic value would get masked by our wish to get it and to win the bid since it would be competition for it. Is that healthy or not idk but some lines for value should be known and those lines know people who follow market every day several times.

btw, bid prices are usually set what the sellers bottom price is so he gets the cash he wanted almost always, all over that price is a bonus.

DeletedUser30224

Anyone else has some positive or negative feedback to this idea?

DeletedUser

Yes. When I sell stuff on the market, I want that money at the end of that designated time - not some unknown time later. Maybe providing sellers with the option for a bidding war is the best idea.

Ripwise

The fact is that extending bids will make it tedious for anyone to bid because it will take time and time to win the bid!

Sicerely, if this passes i would give it do devs to figure out appropriate way for this to happen!

DeletedUser30224

It will only mean that the market is finally a fair trade market ;) Even if it is extended by one 30 sec, it's still plenty of time to make your bid over the last bidder.

@Parafrog: The time of the bid war will rarely extend past 30 min, and as a seller I am sure you'll want the most of your sale and not be bothered if the end time if extended by even 2 h ;) Which will only happen for extraordinary cases at best.

DeletedUser30224

Reawakening the idea to make sure everyone interested had a chance to express their opinions on this proposal. I have counted only 5 positives and a negative. I need more activity than this in order to decide the fate of the proposal and to deal with this thread.

So I am asking anyone interested to post their thoughts or else we'll have another dead proposal. For counting response, I'd love if you could add a "yes I agree..." or "no I do not agree" (or anything of that nature) at the end of your reply.

Thank you.