Expand Market Restrictions to Individual

• Thread starter DeletedUser28116
  • Start date

DeletedUser28116

Expand the market restrictions (sell to anyone, alliance members, town members) to allow a named player.

There are players who are becoming members of towns who simply join to bypass the alliance and town membership limitations on market items and steal an item marked for a given player. People work hard to get the items needed by a given crafter, including getting higher level items crafted by others to provide for the final product. Market bandits are harming the whole purpose of crafting.

Add a feature that allows the seller to limit the selling filter down to the individual player level. I don't have a particular preference on whether the individual must be a town or alliance member; however, such limitations should also include sale to those on the seller's friends list if a town/alliance requirement is incorporated. This, however, seems like an unnecessary increase in development.

WmCody

DeletedUser

Yeah this is a good idea, i have had it happen to me i put an item on the market that someone needed struck a good deal and someone went and bought it dispite it having this players name next to it

DeletedUser15368

Any idea that involves direct player to player trading will always get 100% community support, like all the similar ideas before it. Unfortunately, it's been voted on and passed on to the devs many times already over the years, since the market was introduced, and has never been seriously looked into by the developers.

In fact i'm willing to bet it's the most requested feature ever...

DeletedUser26820

I like the idea. Instead of "tagging" an item for sale to an intended buyer toon in a world, alliance, and/or town market, be allowed to post it direct for sale ONLY to the intended buyer toon. No more market thieves.

+1

DeletedUser22685

Any idea that involves direct player to player trading will always get 100% community support, like all the similar ideas before it. Unfortunately, it's been voted on and passed on to the devs many times already over the years, since the market was introduced, and has never been seriously looked into by the developers.

In fact i'm willing to bet it's the most requested feature ever...

Even so it's not exactly difficult to work around. If you make sure the player is online and ready to buy your items a few seconds after you list them, the chance that the items will be stolen is extremely low.

EDIT: I'm not saying that I don't support the idea, just that the fact it probably won't be implemented is not a game breaker for me.

DeletedUser15368

It's not a game-breaker for anyone, since we are all still here and working around it just fine, mostly. However there are so many posts about market "thieves", and that it's a genuine problem that I imagine most if not all players have had an experience with. It takes one of these experiences to learn that you have to use methods to work around.

The fact that it probably won't be implemented is true for any idea that anyone has to improve the game right now. We don't even vote or pass things on anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28116

Even so it's not exactly difficult to work around. If you make sure the player is online and ready to buy your items a few seconds after you list them, the chance that the items will be stolen is extremely low.

EDIT: I'm not saying that I don't support the idea, just that the fact it probably won't be implemented is not a game breaker for me.

The problem comes for those who happen to be in widely different time zones, across oceans or with non-standard working/sleeping hours. Personally, I am -6 ST. Hard enough as it is but market thieves make if really tough in both directions, buying and selling.