Evidence

DeletedUser

I am a huge fan of the Clue board game. Therefore, I have decided to create a Clue-based thread. In this RP, your character is a rather wealthy pillar of the community who is invited to a quadrillionaire's dinner party. You all meet each other for the first time there, being so that the only person you know is the host: Reginald Rainbow. Just before dessert is served, Reginald stands up to give a speech. Midway through, however, the lights turn off for ten seconds, then turn back on again. Reginald is found dead with a bump on his head and a candlestick next to him.

Bio Sheet:
Name: (Preferably with a creative color name, not just "Bill Red" or something)
Profession:
Interests:
Hobbies:
Phobias: (or pet peeves)
Relationship with host: (How you know Reginald)
One reason why you might dislike him:
Bio:

We will start once we have four characters, excluding me. I will randomly choose one person to be the murderer, and pm that person. This information must not be shared until the end of the episode, when the person is found out. I will be a driving force behind the investigation, and not a character. I will choose what evidence you find and when you find it. You must use your smarts to figure out from the clues that you have who dun it. All clues are shared between members. If new people sign up to the thread after it's already begun, I will say that the murderer had an accomplice, and both must be found out.

Deleted User - 819397

Name: Wiley White
Profession: Librarian
Interests: Reading...lots and lots of that, music
Hobbies: Reading, listening and composing music
Phobias: Hates insects of all sorts. Also hates people who have no love of books
Relationship with host: Reginald was a regular at the local Library, where Wiley is head librarian. He knows him, but not well.
One reason why you might dislike him: Has a habit of not putting books he's not checking out back.
Bio: Wiley is almost entirely a stereotypical librarian. He always is reading, he seems to live in the library, and he's quite the philosopher. One thing that sets him apart from most librarians though, is he loves music. As such, music is often played quietly throughout the library. When summoned to Reginald's house, he assumed it was to apologize for a book he had neglected to return on time. What happened, though, was far from that.

DeletedUser13682

Name: Garry Grün
Profession: Big game hunter
Interests: hunting animals, reading, big rifles
Hobbies: hunting animals, making rifles
Phobias: misfires, exploding rifles, badly made rifle
Relationship with host: Used to go hunting together
One reason why you might dislike him: He doesn't like rifles anymore
Bio: Garry was born in New York, raised there like any New Yorker. Got drafted during the great war, later became a big game hunter. He is considered one of the best in the world, his books are widely read and universally excepted. Garry has hunted nearly everywhere in the world, though once he was the one that was hunted, though that ended well for Garry.

DeletedUser

Name: bill blue
Profession: ex-soldier
Interests: military history
Hobbies: wargaming
Phobias: dogs
Relationship with host: met him at a history show
One reason why you might dislike him: he dissaproves of wargaming and likes dogs
Bio: served in many campaigns in the army, bill blue is now a highly respected medal-winner, he is also world wargaming champion.

DeletedUser

Bio Sheet:
Name: Miss Ruby Valentine
Profession: Actress/dancer
Interests: Dancing on stage, Thai cuisine, Oriental Art, and men with deep pockets
Hobbies: Drinking champagne, baking cupcakes, hosting lavish parties, and day dreaming.
Phobias: Heights, bridges and spiders
Relationship with host: (How you know Reginald) Mr. Rainbow was a grants funder for the arts, and awarded her a year-long study-abroad grant to study my art of acting and dancing in London.
One reason why you might dislike him: He wouldn't renew it for a second year, forcing her back to the New York streets.
Bio: Ruby seeks fame and fortune in the spotlight and enjoys the luxuries that she can never afford. She grew up poor in a small town, the middle child of 5, and found a way out of it through the arts, willing to do whatever she had to do to get jobs in theatres. She even slept in them, just to be able to be in the city, and not have to ever return home. She won a grant to spend a year in London, but was not accepted in RADA, and instead had to do low-class tawdry shows, instead of Shakespeare. She is embarrassed about this and will not admit it. In the two years since, she has been a mainstay in the New York Burlesque scene under the stage name of Ruby Valentine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name: Valentino Dunnit
profession: Candlestick maker by day, Butler by night
Interests: Murder Mystery Films and Books
Hobbies: Reading & Watching Miss Marple, Poirot & columbo
Phobias: Money
Relationship with host: His Accountant
One reason why I might dislike him: he's loaded, I'm skint
Bio: a very secretive person

DeletedUser

Here we go...

The lights flip back on and everybody is stunned at the bloody sight. In fact, Ruby fainted. After about a minute, everybody started blaming the person next to them. A select few, however, were investigating the body and trying to figure out who dun it.

DeletedUser13682

The party was very nice, and going along swimingly, until, of course, the lights went out, and, in a Clue-esque manner, the host, Mr. Reginald Rainbow, was dead. Now, unlike most people present, instead of blaming other people for the murder, Garry went over to inspect the body. Next to it was a candlestick, stained with blood, presumably the same blood pouring out of Reginald's head. After this brief investigation, Garry got up, and tried to restore order. "EVERYBODY! SHUT UP! Now, somebody lock the doors, nobody's leaving until the millicents get here. Somebody try the phone, and see if it works. In the meantime, we'll make the millicents' job easier by trying to figure out who killed Mr. Rainbow. Anybody want to confess now? It will be less painful if you do."

DeletedUser

bll got up and walked over to join garry grun in expecting the body. "who the hell did this?" he said. he turned aroudn and scanned the room, he looked at everyone with a scrutinizing gaze, "whoever did this better confess NOW."

Deleted User - 819397

Wiley stood up as well. "I can't believe someone would do this anyway! I must be daydreaming again...although I'm usually reading in my daydreams...Still, whoever did this must be caught at once!"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ruby lay slumped over the sofa, on her side with one arm hanging out, having fainted in disbelief and at the sight of blood, for she had a delicate constitution and a weak stomach. Therefore, she did not hear any of the comments in the first minute after the murder, but would soon come back to consciousness, even though no gentleman had yet attended to her.

DeletedUser

bill examined the body for another couple of minutes before he walked out of the room to see if he could find any clues as to who the murderer might be. he walked past the door to the bathroom and stopped there were some wet footprints leading into the room. he opened the door and walked in. the footprints led to the bath. he looked into the bath, there was a speck of blood next to the plughole. "interesting." he muttered before walking back into the dining room. "come and have a look at this everyone! there's blood in the bathtub!" said bill.

DeletedUser

"Excuse me, sir," a butler appeared in the doorway. "The late Master Reginald has strongly urged me to keep you all in this room until the clock the strikes midnight (this was, of course, before he was so brutally murdered). I am afraid that I must reinforce these guidelines. I am just as eager as you to find out the murderer. However, rules are rules."

DeletedUser

bill looked at the butler and sat back down next to wiley. he motioned at the butler to go. he began to talk to wiley in a low tone of voice. "so, who do you think the murderer is?"

Deleted User - 819397

Wiley shrugged. "I really don't know...I've read so many murder mysteries...it's always the one you least expect...but I don't know any of you, so how am I supposed to know who to expect and who not to?" He shrugged again. "What about you? You have any theories?"

DeletedUser

"i'm not entireley sure, but i have my suspicions about garry grun." bill said quietly.

DeletedUser13682

Garry looked up from the body, and noticed Ruby fainted on the couch. "Somebody get some smelling salts, and revive her." He then turned over to Bill, who had just accused him of the murder. "First of all, it's Grün, not grun. That's an umlauted u. Second of all, why would I murder Herr Rainbow? My knife is right here, last used to kill a white buffalo a week ago, and my revoler is here also, all 6 chambers full, not one shot fired. What would I kill him with?"

Deleted User - 819397

Wiley spread his arms wide. "I have nothing to kill with on me...I deal in books, not weapons. However, this murder appears to have been done with the candlestick near the body...and I lack the muscular composition to swing it with any force...a side effect from being a librarian I suppose. I'm not the killer...i couldn't be."

DeletedUser13682

Garry sat back down in a chair, and sighed. "Mein Gott. Must we keep accusing each other of this crime? I want the murderer to confess, or they will be made to confess. And must I do everything myself? Butler! Where does Herr Rainbow keep the smelling salts? Somebody's got to wake up Fraulein Valentine."