Events - Moving onto the next level! - Discussion

gunner86

May be I am getting old... please enlighten me what do you mean by old school fort battle events :confused:

DeletedUser33480

Lets hope there is a breather between events and doesnt get to overwhelming.....

DeletedUser38344

I'm A NOOB, what's the events all about. I understand the INT. FF, but what else is there. only been on since Mar. last year.

asdf124

Some peeps are hoping for more events that are useful(The horseball event was very useful and I do appreciate it but I seriously don't know why peeps weren't as interested :( ). As for bigphil, there was a dueling event called horseball and you missed it!

Mustang, events with prizes is what a lot of players are hoping for. You shouldn't incline everyone as yourself unless you have done a huge survey with every player's name in it.

I think that I will look forward for this rather than be negative about it.

Edit: How about an international competition for the title of jack of all trades event? :D

DeletedUser35277

asdf, Events are fine, but they lean more and more towards nuggets. It's
the day to day to day to day playing content that has gotten old and stale.
What do you do between Events? (And they are mostly a few seconds
click and lose or win. ) We need something we can do to be here having
fun and seeing some kind of progress. I have seen lots of neat ideas
in Brainfarts, but they seem to get ignored.

fortfighter1

I have no problem with new events, it is up to people to take part if they want to. But what needs to be done before a event starts is to have a comprehensive guide to the event well before it starts. So if a new event is to start then after MODS work out the basic idea why not throw it up here for discussion to solve those little mistakes that can make or break a good event.. We saw that in the fort battle event which fails a small bit as it was not stated that all battles would take place between 8pm-12am server time which did not suit some of the people who put there names forward to take part.

DeletedUser8627

Thank you for the feedback!

Just to give more insight on what's going to happen with events. These events are not being held on EN, we now have an event server where we will be hosting multiple events on. Some events that have been hosted here on EN will be moved over to the events server and be held on a much larger scale. Of course, any prizes gained from the event server will be moved over here and given to you on the world of your choice.

The idea here is to give those players who crave some action - more action than they would be able to handle. Imitate certain eras in The West, such as fort battles with the basic fort weapons we once had - speed worlds without all the premium options that came later into the game. These are just some blast from the past events while we have a few others we would like to bring forward too. We also want to include as many players as possible. Imagine logging into a world with 10 000 active players? Imagine seeing 10 fort battles taking place that are filled to the brim in one evening...

At the moment, we are running tests on the new server, just making sure everything is running as it should. Then we will start announcing some cool things for you to participate in.

Pankreas PorFavor

on one hand, this sounds like something I would like to participate in!
on the other hand, I don't have the time to be this active, but that is not Innogames' problem. hopefully, I will be able to participate in some events from time to time...
and I ask myself how will this influence the activity in our regular worlds?

asdf124

Imagine seeing 10 fort battles taking place that are filled to the brim in one evening...

I can't, being in 1 large ff in arizona the other day had me to relogin just to get online(which was one large ff at such time.)

So, will you try having 10 large fort fights filled and try being online in it as a test?

DeletedUser38535

I think this is to be seen positive!

Being negative is so easy... Give them a fair chance to create something we all might enjoy. I loved Horseball (only not enough contenders) and the FFC (Yes, there was/is room for improvement, but it was the first try, we all needed to learn).

So please let us work together to make this a success :)

Who knows... you might be positively surprised...

I will go for it! And will endorse it in my Towns and Alliances!

Cheers!

Pankreas PorFavor

it is a discussion thread, I am sure that the team would like to hear all the concerns players may have so they can be addressed and solved before they actually occur :)
we had a similar problem yesterday in Arizona, almost full medium battle (96 vs 84 I think) - terrible lag, multiple logins necessary... now imagine all that multiplied by 10 ;)

DeletedUser8627

speed world was great, I want more of it :D

If I'm not mistaken, the very first event on the new server will be a speed world.

With the first IFBC, players had their characters transferred over from which ever server they were participating from. This time we will give players the opportunity to link their characters that have been created on the event server to participate in more than one event.

Just for a rough example here. A speed world event is being hosted, you register your account and play through the speed world, eventually the speed world will end. Instead of losing the character like what happened with our speed world on EN, you will have the opportunity to migrate your character over to a new event (If allowed) like IFBC, Part 2. This way, players who invest in their characters will be able to play them in more than one event.

Hi,

We shall see whats in the new promised land, I am optimistic but I hope some events or quest are better than e.g Summer time.
This saw many hours working and product giving for I think was poor rewards in return.