Eureka!!...

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
…shouted the pilgrim as he stood ankle deep in a flowing creek gazing at a gold nugget held firmly between his fingers which not a few seconds before was picked from his gold pan. His mate came rushing across the creek faster than anything describable. Their massive grins could be seen through their dirt ridden, bushy beards. Looking into each other’s eyes not saying a word they knew what the other was thinking. As if it was planned, both pilgrims grabbed their pans and frantically scavenged the creek bed pulling up gold piece after gold piece only stopping to take a drink. When the two scruffy men wore out they looked at each other, they knew they were onto something. They knew this was the start of something big! Something called a gold rush.

That’s right ladles and jellyspoons, this competition’s theme is GOLD RUSH

The Prize

1st - 400 Bonds + 200 nuggets
2nd - 200 Bonds
3rd - 100 Bonds

The Rules

• Your graphic must be no larger than 720 pixels wide by 720 pixels high.
  • Your graphic must be your own work (It may have stock images/renders, but not already edited images).
  • It must be specifically for this competition.
  • It must have your username on it where we can read it.
  • Your graphic must be of high quality, for example it must not be an image with added text.
  • We will be analysing each graphic to decide whether it can go into the vote.
  • We reserve the right to request .PSD (or other layered formats from GIMP or Paint Shop Pro etc.) files and/or source pictures if we believe your entry was not your own work.
  • It must have a strong connection to the theme.
  • Your artwork may be disqualified and excluded from the poll at the discretion of a Community Manager and reasoning not listed here.
  • You are allowed to enter two artworks.
  • You may not edit or change your entry unless asked to by Chloe, a CM or I. You have plenty of time to create your graphic so there is no need to rush posting your entry. However late entrants will not be considered.

The Theme

The theme is... GOLD RUSH

Time Limit

Entry closes on the 25/2/2014 23:59PM(Server time).

Extra Notes

• Any comments or questions about the rules? Please PM me or alternatively contact Da Twista! Do not post them here!
  • There is a discussion thread where you can talk about the competition.
  • We WILL be cracking down on the rules of the competitions! If your graphic breaks the smallest rule you will be pulled up for it and asked to change it and if you don’t you WILL BE DISQUALIFIED from the competition.
  • This theme was suggested by Apelatia, so you should go give him as much green rep possible.
  • Have fun and enjoy yourselves. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Last edited:

jarograv

[spoil]
red_dead_gold_rush_by_jarograv-d761g8g.png
[/spoil]

DeletedUser31931

My first attempt, I drew inspiration from a quote and drew my picture based on that, trying to give it a painting like feel. It's not great.

[SPOIL]
qrfeWNs.png

[/SPOIL]

Also, I realise it doesn't have my name on it. I will edit it to include my name and then insert with with my name attached.

The image is now attached with my name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
This comp has 1 day to go and we only have 3 entrants. If no more enter, this comp will not go to a vote.

DeletedUser36464

Here is my first creation : old style photography of the gold rush

Friendly

[SPOIL]
798397JEUXWESTANGLAIS333333.png
[/SPOIL]

You are allowed to enter two artworks.
:p

My second creation :

[SPOIL]
640500JEUXWESTANGLAISMODELE2.jpg
[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I did leave this competition open for an extra day and we did get one more entrant but I don't think I'll make a poll for this one. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for entering.