Resolved Enhanced jobs

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

howdy mates how to see silver and gold ring jobs using clothcalc??

Feature was removed due to the demand it put on the server was overloading it. It still works, but you just have to find the silver/gold rings yourself and then the calc will display them.

DeletedUser30224

Feature was removed due to the demand it put on the server was overloading it. It still works, but you just have to find the silver/gold rings yourself and then the calc will display them.

what he means to say is that you have to open each job group separately for the clocthalc to display enhanced jobs in the minimap. Time to make yourself a clicking program to open all the jobgroups ... Seriously inno give us a break.

Deleted User - 1278415

what he means to say is that you have to open each job group separately for the clocthalc to display enhanced jobs in the minimap. .

Correct you can paraphrase me to have said that much.

Time to make yourself a clicking program to open all the jobgroups ... Seriously inno give us a break.

That is where the paraphrase stops, as I do not encourage a cheat script of clicking on every job group. All scripts have to be approved by the CM before you just go creating them. Any script to do that would put a massive load on the server and that is why the devs/CM suggested that it be removed from clothcalc.

DeletedUser30224

Some things are illegal, others are not. The fine line where they overlap is where the ingenuity pushes us forward..

Besides, if inno wanted their servers to have a nice time, then ungroup all the jobgroups and voila :)
P.S. I used to zoom out of the game at max, hide all the images except jobs, made a bright-color border on enhanced job and clicked from job to job systematically to find the right enhanced one. Then the clothcals came and did that automatically, all you had to do is load the map gradually by moving it around. Now, imagine, I'll have to start doing the same old manual clicking again and posting all good enhanced jobs I find on the forums. I will needlesly and mindlesly occupy inno's servers in the very same way that the script did. And how much does it takes for others to just automate the whole thing by using a clicking program, a macro of some sort? Can you honestly say that Inno will know who is using external macros to simulate the very thing I just described ?

If we have the brains to make a computer program to help us play the game the way we like it, by doing nothing else that what we would do manually anyhow, how is that cheating or illegal? Don't even answer that, I know the answer already.

All that being said, I'll welcome all the thorns our dear developers will throw in our way, maybe there will come a point where we will realize this game is not for us no more, one can only hope it will get better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree before i had to click 3 minutes with clothcalc and had all jobs, now i need to do 20 minutes to just go past my best xp jobs to find if any of em are silver taking much much more server load, imo a script would decrease server load a lot!

btw gold jobs: there are 20 randomly placed at the map, and they change once they either:
A: been done for a total of 24 hours (means if 12 people finish a 2 hour gold job, or 1 person finishes 12 2 hour gold jobs)
B been done for a X number of times (50? 100? someone find some golden spear fishing and test it :p) this prevents 15 or 1 minute jobs to be there for ages(though they are cos even gold no sensible person goes grinding coffee)

Silver jobs are easier they change together at the same time as the work motivation update at 3 am gametime, there are exactly 5 silver jobs per county and you can do em a gazillion times, but they simply just all change aty the same time at 3 am gametime(they shoulda made that midnight or so, so euro's can schedule silver jobs for their RL sleep!)

DeletedUser

B been done for a X number of times (50? 100? someone find some golden spear fishing and test it :p) this prevents 15 or 1 minute jobs to be there for ages(though they are cos even gold no sensible person goes grinding coffee)

well, if you find any gold 15 seconds jobs on Colorado, let me know. i'm doing them as much as i can.

DeletedUser22685

I've said it before and I'll say it again: silver and gold jobs are not meant to be easy to find! The whole purpose of these jobs is for them to be a reward for whoever is lucky enough to find them. I see no reason for a script that wholly defeats this purpose to be legal. If they allowed the script they might as well have just doubled the exp, money and product drops on every single job and just gotten rid of gold and silver jobs altogether. I knew it was only a matter of time before the script got banned, and I'd agree with the decision to do so even if server load or whatever reason they gave wasn't a factor.

Everyone needs to stop complaining that the script was banned and be thankful that gold and silver jobs exist at all. Don't expect everything to be handed to you on a platter, this is almost as bad as the people that are complaining about the CMs running a lottery.

DeletedUser30224

Not handed on a platter, the user community adapted to their changes and they are scolding us for it. It looks like that anyhow. But futurama is right anyhow, whether we complain or not, it makes no difference.

DeletedUser

I've said it before and I'll say it again: silver and gold jobs are not meant to be easy to find!

I don't believe it is not easy, it is just plain birdbrained the way it has been made.
You can find easily all the bonus jobs on your county by Using the browsers ZOOM OUT so you see all the jobs in your map and then just click on every single one, some 30 jobs per county so you see what you have for the day.

So difficult? no,
Very annoying? YES

:blink:

DeletedUser22685

Difficult or very annoying, both serve the same purpose - it's not appealing to do it that way.

Deleted User - 1278415

Difficult or very annoying, both serve the same purpose - it's not appealing to do it that way.

But his idea is effective. I have 2 22" monitors and I was able to map all sectors in about 20 mins.

The downside was the next day the jobs changed and I had all of the silver jobs marked on the map, but they were gone. So as I had to click on each one to clear it out.

So while yes his idea is effective, it is also counter intuitive. Unless cloth calc has a wipe enhanced jobs from map. That might be helpful.

Right now I think I use it as intended. When I want to do rafting wood I search for it, then check each job location in the 2 or 3 zones around me and see if any gold/silvers are worth walking to. I dont need every job highlighted. Just what Im walking out the door looking for.

DeletedUser

My biggest complaint on Gold jobs is that they seem to stay forever if nobody does them. This is especially bad on the new W16 where nobody can do high level jobs yet. Most of the Golds are stuck on jobs like Free Slaves, Picking Indigo, etc, with the few remaining stuck on jobs nobody wants to do, like grinding coffee. If you take the time, you might find one decent Gold job every couple days, and it's gone before you can get there. They need a 24-hour limit on these jobs even if nobody does them, to keep them rotating and worth looking for.

Deleted User - 1278415

My biggest complaint on Gold jobs is that they seem to stay forever if nobody does them. This is especially bad on the new W16 where nobody can do high level jobs yet. Most of the Golds are stuck on jobs like Free Slaves, Picking Indigo, etc, with the few remaining stuck on jobs nobody wants to do, like grinding coffee. If you take the time, you might find one decent Gold job every couple days, and it's gone before you can get there. They need a 24-hour limit on these jobs even if nobody does them, to keep them rotating and worth looking for.

maybe they should add a 3 day on these just like the silvers. you should suggest that in the ideas/brainfarts area to get it changed.

This would be a minor idea and could be passed thru quickly.

DeletedUser

its really annoying indeed

crap jobs like grinding coffee gold are literelally done never, and for instance on dakota tehre are 4 golden picking indigo 3 golden saltpeter 2 golden sulfur, well ok and a golden grinding coffee, there been several gold jobs already since day 1 of the world, basically only 5 gold jobs or so occasionally rotate since the rest are such useless or to hard jobs