Enhance Sheriff User Interface

• Thread starter DeletedUser36193
  • Start date

DeletedUser36193

Proposal:

Improve the UI of the Sheriff windows by adding check boxes to filter players based on their status whether they're duelable or not (in a fort battle, sleeping, ally, 48 hrs protection, etc.).

Current Workaround:

Currently, the sheriff windows shows all wanted players regardless of the status or relation of those players to you (you can even see yourself in the sheriff!) which is very frustrating because think of this, out of tens or hundreds of players listed in the sheriff window, majority (greater than 90% I think) are either an ally, sleeping, in a 48 hrs. protection, in a fort battle, or low/high level, etc. To successfully find a wanted player you can duel as of the moment, you have to check tens of players first by going to their profiles one by one then click the duel button to test if you can duel them.

Details:

I think the devs must add some sorting/filter mechanisms such as check boxes to eliminate the players you cannot duel in the sheriff list because it is very frustrating for bounty hunters to check tens of profiles before they can find someone they can duel. The lack of this very basic function (I dunno how the devs missed such simple stuffs!) renders the bounty hunting system which is supposedly a very fun part of the game very frustrating, useless, and, in a nutshell, a disappointing failure for majority of duelers.

Abuse Prevention:

Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Yes, a hundred times yes! I have wanted filters for the sherrif for months.

MFRavenhawk

Definitely agree with this....similarly they should remove folks currently engaged in fort fights from the 'available duels' list. I am forever getting dozens of players I can duel since they are engaged in a fort fight, even though the list says they are open.

DeletedUser34315

Definitely agree with this....similarly they should remove folks currently engaged in fort fights from the 'available duels' list. I am forever getting dozens of players I can duel since they are engaged in a fort fight, even though the list says they are open.

This too would be excellent!

DeletedUser35533

yes.
as things are the listings are useless , many are in vacation mode and even with xmas speed bonus I could not find a bounty to try my luck with

DeletedUser

+1 for sure. This surely would be an easy bit of filtering and isn't a major change to the game, but it would be a welcome improvement.

DeletedUser

Is this likely to be included soon?

DeletedUser

The fort battle is a problem(like the sleeping). Since only when people are into the fort or onto barracks, they are protected. That would be a problem for the system that would need a refresh every 10 seconds or less to check for the location of each player (now i think it´s on a 90 seconds refresh or when you move to another location). The town hall refresh every 30 seconds. If a player is on his way to a hotel, and your duel ends 30 seconds after he arrives, you could even see that he can be duelled but you already got the report that he is sleeping.
The 48h protection would be easy to create a filter for that situation or even remove the player from the lists during that time. The same for the low-high level.

DeletedUser

To be honest I would be happy if the players you CAN'T DUEL due to their level or the fact that they are your townies are removed from the list.
The others whose status changes more rapidly could stay if it is too difficult to filter them out. I (almost) always check their gear and their status anyway.

Ideally however if I can't duel them then I don't want them on my bounty list

DeletedUser35968

Is this likely to be included soon?
lol no

this idea will be submitted to developers. and if they like it and can implement this, we can expect this in future update.

By the way, I like this idea too.. But I don't want this to be implemented. It will be like spoon feeding to the duelers.

DeletedUser31239

I am also massive agreement with this this topic!

Negatives:
- It is painful to navigate to actually to get Bountys that are relevant to the user
- It does not allow you to filter out bountys that you cannot duel because level to high.
- Does not allow you to filter your own town members
- Does not allow you to filter out Alliance Members

Regards spoon feeding duelers that is crap, duellers are only doing what comes natural to them :p

Should we make it harder for workers to find jobs and buildings to build. Should we make harder for soldiers to find forts and adventurers to find quests.

This is simply just bad flow problem. Just needs a few filters like the market has.

DeletedUser

lol no

this idea will be submitted to developers. and if they like it and can implement this, we can expect this in future update.
This idea was sent in in January according to Z3ndo's post. I have a basic understanding of the process I was hoping for an update
Your idea alongside Gandalf's idea will go hand in hand. This will be sent as it is.
By the way, I like this idea too.. But I don't want this to be implemented. It will be like spoon feeding to the duelers.
As for spoon feeding...
I have been a fortfighter for many years and if I want to know where the next fight is I open up my fort overview and any fights that my alliance is involved in are coloured. The times and distance are clearly listed. The attacker is listed and you even get to find the real world time by looking at the fort.
If I forget to travel Henry is always there nagging the poop out of everyone and there is a countdown on my screen for every fort battle I have signed in to.
That sounds like spoon feeding to me and for the most part I appreciate it.

I am not asking for the sheriff to send me a message in chat when a bountied player wakes up or put markers on my screen, when I am near a bountied player that I can hit (although that would be great :p).
All that I and many other duellers want for is for a basic filter so that we don't have to wade through 10 pages of bounties to find one that is in range and close.

DeletedUser30224

This idea was sent in in January according to Z3ndo's post. I have a basic understanding of the process I was hoping for an update

Unfortunately I've not heard anything about this proposal. All the proposals that have been submitted are found in here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=5827 under Passed Ideas. I think there are some ideas that I've sent recently that need to be put in the list, but otherwise it should be up to date.