Energy needed to build.

DeletedUser

Proposal
Change the experience needed to build in your town for 1 hour from 24 to 12.

Current Workaround
No workaround. Either use 24 energy/hour, build less, or don't build at all.

Details
The energy needed to build should be halved, so its in line with the regular jobs.
Some people say that it's fair, seeing as it's the best way to get experience, however, you don't get $ or items, and you actually have to waste $ from the town treasury.
Something that could also be done is that instead of using 240$ to build and 24 energy you could use 12 energy and 480$.

Abuse Prevention
The only possible abuse is that people would build more for less energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

I can't really say I'm passionate either way ;)
I was a town builder for ages, but i actually liked the 24 energy. It let me burn a whole energy bar, then sleep all in one login. No need to come back a few hours later to queue fort sleep.
I think it'd work just fine either way, but 12 vs 24 seems kind of trivial, tbh.

DeletedUser

That was thought to be changed with the "damage on buildings" update that was on the roadmap.

Apelatia

I would vote against this proposal. Construction provides a larger amount of exp per hour at higher levels than do jobs. This is balanced out by the higher energy demand to do the job. I wouldn't mind a decrease to perhaps...18, but to lower it to 12 would be unfair in my eyes in terms of the reward. The alternative suggestion of more money expenditure from the treasury is not to my liking.

As well as that, Gandalf's reason might also be a personal like of mine too. I do like to be able to set enough jobs to entirely deplete my energy bar on occasion... As it is with hour-long jobs right now, I can go on forever, or so it always seems...

DeletedUser

While you DO get more exp, you don't get $, items or products, like you get from other jobs. And you even spend money to build it. Either yours or the towns.

Apelatia

This is true, however, both myself, and I'm sure others too, go full construction for the sole purpose of gaining exp (This is minus the obvious ranking and level benefits to the town, as well as achievements of course...) The benefits from building a town far outweigh those from jobs, though this does depend on how you look at the matter...

DeletedUser36559

12 is even better but I don't mind the 24 hours to do construction but I can see as Apel already said why they haven't changed it to 12.

DeletedUser

While you DO get more exp, you don't get $, items or products, like you get from other jobs. And you even spend money to build it. Either yours or the towns.

The builder doesn't personally get any money, items or products but building the town means the entire town gets items through shops, lower banking costs, free hotel, lower market fees, town xp, increase in ranking, etc.

DeletedUser

The town money keeps raising and raising... there are worlds where my town has over 100 million in the bank and it serves for NOTHING. Only the church is raising levels and only costs $240 per hour. A normal player pays that fee just by going to deposit the daily work money. So 40 players will get 40h of payed construction. Fort battles are super cheap. Many towns with only 1 town member have money to build the entire town and declare battles.
At the start of the servers, yeah it´s hard to built only by yourself. But has long as you keep doing jobs and build the town, it is just a joke to use $240 of the town money. The 24 energy is because the church starts to raise and get more experience than the jobs. Same thing on the starting line when you go full construction and get 4 times the experience from building the town than from jobs.

Only if they made the buildings to degradate x% per day, the value of energy should get reduced (but the price should stay the same... or raise to $500 per hour).

DeletedUser

I think what could be done is raising the cost to build quite a bit ( 480$ - 720$ even) and if the fortbattles became more expensive to declare, it could create a nice balance.