End of the small town?

DeletedUser

I came home to my town after doing some questing to find this note waiting for me:

S___y is currently trying to remove all small towns around us from the map. Because of this we are easing joining restrictions that we would normally impose. If you are willing to disband your town we will take you into ours. We are currently in the top 70 and looking for top 60 in thhe next 2 weeks. You have 7 days to consider this offer.

I penned this reply:
You make it sound like a threat....
This does not sound like the town outlined on your description page, or the neighbour that I conversed with many weeks ago when I first joined the game.
I do not wish to join a town that has such an attitude.
I hope we can remain neighbours.
Regards
Allanna

DeletedUser

It isn't exactly the nicest way to ask, is it?

I know that when I've been struggling to find good new recruits, I've looked for towns in my area who haven't been growing very fast and we have had 2 towns come and join us. But it was always an offer that was mutually beneficial, because we got some more experienced players, especially builders, and they got access to all the goodies that a higher level town has to offer.

But that... That is just weird.

DeletedUser

top 70ies ?:D

thats just as far as hell :)

tell me the name ill see if i can go kick some ass in that town :)

DeletedUser1855

Silver City is the name of town. Not even worth making a trip.

DeletedUser

I've been guilty of threatening another town to come over or face our wrath repeatedly. They came over.

DeletedUser

:eek:hmy: I'm so frightened!

:p:p:p

And who would want a heap of ugly ghost towns surrounding them anyway?
Go figure.....

DeletedUser

I sent that message.

We have been making the offer to several of the under 10 people towns in the region and have had several positive replies. The reason that we started this program is because there are a TON of small towns in our region and only about 4 med to large size ones. Most of the towns are 5-10 players in their mid twenties. The other reason is because there is rarely a week that someone does not ask us for an aliance, non agression pact, or some other bs agreement.

For those who said that looks like a threat it's the exact oposite there is nothing stopping our guys from attacking them and vice versa nor will there ever be. This game does not promote playing nicely it's a straight competition to decide who is the best and who isn't cut out. If you look at our area of the map there are not many ghost towns, because those towns cease to exist and we are cleaning up the map. It looks like every player who hits level 10 decides they need their own town and then just fester in their own stubbornness. Few towns = fewer points of opposition and in the end I believe that we will end up like the european servers with several large towns in each region, because small towns just can't compete.

Below is the ammended message that I've been sending out:

Howdy Neighbor,

In an effort to ensure the Regional Stability of this area of The West; Silver City is offering your town an exciting opertunity. We will fully assimilate your town into ours and grant your members full citizenship in exchange for abandoning your town. Please note that this is an all or nothing offer and we are not looking to take just a few of your members. We are doing this in an effort to completly remove the number of rivals in this region. Here in Silver City we do not believe in aliances or mutual protection pacts. We stand alone in the desert and have done so with thriving efficency since this world started. We are currently ranked #68 and should be in the top 50 before the end of the month.

We have a maxed out our General Store, Hotel, and Town Hall, our bank can hold $10,000, and our other stores are level 8 and will be maxed our as time progresses. We currently assess a level x 10 weekly tax, but would waive it for 2 weeks following your assimilation so that your members could upgrade their geat in our advanced shops.

This is a limited time offer and will expire 1 week from the time that you recieve this offer. At that time we will send this offer to one of your neighbors.

DeletedUser

Whats wrong with a small town?
My W2 town is tiny, yet i am one of the best duelers =)

DeletedUser

That 'howdy neighbour' message is not the one I recieved......:nowink:
I got...the 'other' message :bandit:
The one that was anything but friendly....

Its too late to make it sound like a different message now, and yes, I know this is a Wild West game, several of your duelers have visited me while I was working, and I have not complained :dry:. And, I have not contacted you or any other town regarding any alliance or nap etc etc....

It is lonely being in a small town, but I would rather that than being in a town that is oppressive and full of bullies.

DeletedUser8950

Silver city's motto should be
"Silver city-Looking down on the little guy since 1888!":mad:
All towns are small at some stage, and without small towns big towns aren't as important.
And in smaller towns you often have less dueling problems, especially if you are a builder.

DeletedUser

I get these invites (not from this particular town, but from others) in some of my worlds from time to time. I like to reciprocate the invitation, just to keep everything friendly. :)

DeletedUser

Below is the ammended message that I've been sending out:

Howdy Neighbor,

In an effort to ensure the Regional Stability of this area of The West; Silver City is offering your town an exciting opertunity. We will fully assimilate your town into ours and grant your members full citizenship in exchange for abandoning your town. Please note that this is an all or nothing offer and we are not looking to take just a few of your members. We are doing this in an effort to completly remove the number of rivals in this region. Here in Silver City we do not believe in aliances or mutual protection pacts. We stand alone in the desert and have done so with thriving efficency since this world started. We are currently ranked #68 and should be in the top 50 before the end of the month.

We have a maxed out our General Store, Hotel, and Town Hall, our bank can hold $10,000, and our other stores are level 8 and will be maxed our as time progresses. We currently assess a level x 10 weekly tax, but would waive it for 2 weeks following your assimilation so that your members could upgrade their geat in our advanced shops.

This is a limited time offer and will expire 1 week from the time that you recieve this offer. At that time we will send this offer to one of your neighbors.

I still think this is a bizarre message.

Most founders, imo, will respond better to a personalised message asking if they would like to join a bigger town for a mutual benefit. Being told that they are basically some kind of blight on your landscape that you want to wipe out and assimilate is only going piss people off.

I don't know how successful this strategy has been for you, but perhaps you should consider re-writing that message in a way that shows some respect for the people who have worked hard to build their piss-ant towns. And in a way that makes people think you might actually be fun to play with instead of just sounding like a dictator that wants to annex Poland.