End Of The Reich: Berlin 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

END OF THE REICH

Starting on 16 January 1945, the Red Army breached the German front as a result of the Vistula–Oder Offensive and advanced westward as much as 40 kilometres a day, through East Prussia, Lower Silesia, East Pomerania, and Upper Silesia, temporarily halting on a line 60 kilometres east of Berlin along the Oder River. During the offensive, two Soviet fronts (army groups) attacked Berlin from the east and south, while a third overran German forces positioned north of Berlin. The Battle in Berlin lasted from 20 April 1945 until the morning of 2 May and was one of the bloodiest battles in history.
The first defensive preparations at the outskirts of Berlin were on 20 March, when the newly appointed commander of the Army Group Vistula, General Gotthard Heinrici, correctly anticipated that the main Soviet thrust would be made over the Oder River. Before the main battle in Berlin commenced, the Soviets managed to encircle the city as a result of the battles of the Seelow Heights and Halbe. During 20 April 1945, the 1st Belorussian Front led by Marshal Georgy Zhukov started shelling Berlin's city centre, while Marshal Ivan Konev's 1st Ukrainian Front had pushed in the north through the last formations of Army Group Centre. The German defences were mainly led by Helmuth Weidling and consisted of several depleted, badly equipped, and disorganised Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS divisions, as well as many Volkssturm and Hitler Youth members. Within the next days, the Soviets were rapidly advancing through the city and were reaching the city centre, conquering the Reichstag on 30 April after fierce fighting.
Before the battle was over, German Führer Adolf Hitler and a number of his followers committed suicide. The city's defenders finally surrendered on 2 May. However, fighting continued to the north-west, west and south-west of the city until the end of the war in Europe on 8 May (9 May in the Soviet Union) as German units fought westward so that they could surrender to the Western Allies rather than to the Soviets.

RULES FOR GERMAN PLAYERS:
the usual stuff but also;
no hordes of tanks, German armour was deployed like gold-dust in Berlin.

any armour will be singular and deployed ramdomly, and remember, fuel and ammuniton is scarce, so armour would be abandoned as soon as it ran out of either.
no groups of crack waffen-ss with high morale and pristine uniforms and weapons. the german defence was ragtag at best. keep it realistic.

RULES FOR SOVIET PLAYERS:
the usual stuff but also;
please don't field hordes of JS-IIs and T34/85's at every turn, remember the effectiveness of tanks is limited in street fighting.

REMEMBER: your characters are expendable, if your section dies you can spawn a new one! you can play as infantry, armour crew or AT gun crew or similar, but it's best to start off with a section of infantry.

GERMAN PLAYERS:
will command a section of 5-10 men. keep it random, you can be fanatical but badly trained Hitler youth, demoralised and conscript Volksturm and anything in between.
German players will start off in the ruined eastern suburbs of Berlin, your objective is either to try and escape to the west, where you can surrender to either the British or Americans and expect to be treated fairly, or you can dig in and hold the line, either believing that the Fuhrer will bring the miracle weapons or just trying to buy time for the refugees to escape west. remember that the odd fanatical groups that wander around will execute anybody who is 'deserting', even if the 'desertee' has signed permission to be going that way from a senior officer.

SOVIET PLAYERS:
will command a rifle squad of 10 men, most likely crack troops who fought at Stalingrad and who have been brought out of the reserve to use their street-fighting expertise.

victory is within your grasp! nothing can stop the armies of the motherland from crushing the fascist dogs under their boots!

you will start off in the ruined eastern suburbs of Berlin. your objective is to push west and wipe out the fascists once and for all! but remember, any deserters will be executed for betraying the motherland!

here's the character form:

SIDE: (either soviet or german)

UNIT: (compulsory for soviets, optional for germans)
NAME:
PERSONAL WEAPON: (soviets will be equipped with the usual, but germans could be equipped with anything from useless italian weapons with the wrong size ammuntion to captured PPSH-200 SMG's)
NAMES OF YOUR MEN:

here's a rough list of units that took part in the battle for berlin:

SOVIETS:

you can go for individual units if you want, but it would be a lot easier to just say which army group your unit was part of; either the 1st or 2nd belorussian front or the 1st ukrainian front.

GERMANS:

just think up any old unit, some aspect of it is bound to have taken part in the battle sooner or later. otherwise just say 'volksturm' or 'hitler youth'.

and that's pretty much everything!
my character profile will be up soon.
we'll start once we have enough players.
if anyone has any questions just mail me!

DeletedUser

Side: German
Unit: 20th infantry div.
Name: Feldwebel Walther Maisser
Personal weapon: Luger sidearm, MP40
Names of Men:

Schutze Heinz Walldorf
Gefreiter Wilhelm 'Willy' Steiner
Schutze Otto Schmidt
Schutze Johann Meier
Schutze Claus Behmann
Schutze Max Schultz
Schutze Gerard Höffe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Side: Soviet
Unit: Polish 1st Tadeusz Kościuszko Infantry Division
Name: Starshina Ignacy Pulaski
Personal Weapon:TT-33, M91/30 Mosin Rifle
Names of Men:
Efreitor Chezslaw Koschiuzko
Efreitor Lech Pilsutsi
Efreitor Kazimierz Sklodowsky
Efreitor Henryk Domeyko
Efreitor Adam Sienkiwicz
Soldier Tadeusz Litvenko
Soldier Adamo Szymborska
Soldier Boleslaw Krevenko
Soldier Lech Miloscz
Soldier Casimir Rejewski
(Rifle squads? I thought that many of the Russian military units had been armed with Ppsh's due to some of the Mosin's inadequacies at close quarters.)

DeletedUser

you are right. many of the Russian infantrymen were armed with the Ppsh-200, but they were still called rifle squads.

Unit: Hitler Youth conscript unit.
Name: Albrecht
Personal Weapon: MP40, Hitler Youth knife.
Names of Men:

Kurt (Kar98k,knife.)
Hans (Kar98k, knife.)
Fritz (Kar98k, knife.)
Adlar (Panzerfaust, knife.)
Willhelm (Kar98k, knife.)
Christoffer (Panzerfaust, knife.)
Deiter (Kar98k, knife.)
Eduard (Kar98k, knife.)
Frederick (Kar98k, knife.)

right, we might as well start, some more people will probably join sooner or later...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albrecht crouched down on top of some broken glass in one of the many ruined and deserted houses. he clutched his MP40 to his chest. it was hard to believe that only five weeks ago Albrecht and his section had still been at school, but now they were on the front line, trying desparately to hold the line against the endless Soviet onslaught.
he hadn't slept properly since he was posted in this hell-hole. but only now was he getting accustomed to the endless sound of artillery constantly pounding the ruin that was called Berlin.
Hans crouched down next to him.
"when do you think they'll come?" Hans asked.
"any time now. they'll be upon us soon enough." Albrecht replied grimly.
Deiter, who had been posted on the roof, came running down the stairs.
"they are coming!" he said breathlessly.
"how many?" Albrecht asked.
"only a small group. probably about a platoon. we should be able to stand our ground." Deiter responded.
"tell the others to get ready. bring Fritz and Adlar down here. tell Eduard and Frederick to prepare the escape route just in case." Albrecht ordered.
"yes Albrecht." said Deiter, who ran back up the stairs.
Albrecht turned back to the window in front of him and clicked off the safety catch on his MP40.
he could hear the Soviets coming.

DeletedUser

(OOC: My crew has these standardized arms across the board: Ppsh-41, F1 Hand Grenade, and combat knife.)

They had gotten through the first bloodbath at Lenino. They had fought out of Russia and into the homeland, Poland. They had passed the border of 1939 and into Germany. Some of them felt they were simply fighting one oppressor that would be replaced by another who they fought FOR. An oppressor who had attacked the remnants of a proud indpendent Poland in the rear when it was cornered in its final fortress. Others believed that the comrades from Rosoya were acting in their interest. Poland would be a Poland of Poles. Not of a cabal of foreignors. Then there were those who had lost all hope for an independent Poland. They did not believe the Poles could govern themselves. Better to be a puppet protected by a great puppet master than a free wheeling marionette getting its strings pulled by whichever nation felt like it. Nonetheless they had crossed Poland and seen the horrors inflicted in Warsaw and all the other Polish cities and the surrounding countryside. This was an oppressor who they all knew must be destroyed and now they were in its nest. In the nest they would put that monstrosity to rest.

The world around them was desolate as Ignacy and his men advanced carefully through the rubble. A world of cobblestones and broken masonary. Of grey and ashes. The sound of gunfire and explosions in the background. A single structure is unbroken on the street seemingly pristine and beautiful in all of war's acts of destruction. The door is broken in. There is a little girl lieing on the floor. She is dead a small piece of shrapnel has penetrated he heart. The men look upon the broken body. It reminds them of the horrors dealt upon Polish children as they moved across Poland. It is horrible that war should snuff out so many young promising lives. Yet the war is almost over and they know it. They exit the house as quiet as church mice. They move up the street there is a corner. One of the men peeks around. He indicates the path is clear. They move forward, edging up the sides of the street. Then one of them looks up. He sees the rushing form, of a child? He gets Ignacy's attention and points to the roof. "A child." Says Efreitor Pilsutsi. "No." Ignacy says, "That was no child, or at least its no longer innocent war has made sure of that." Ignacy indicated a pile of rubble, they took cover behind it. Somebody's gun smashed a glass bottle. Ignacy gave an evil glare before continuing, "Remember? There was a small village where we were pinned we lost my friend Starshina Kowalski to enemy fire?" "Yes," Pilsuti nods. "We managed to bring in a T-34 which simply ran over the position. I inspected it afterwards to see the men who had killed my comerade. I found the bodies of children instead gripping their firearms crushed into their bodies by the tank's tracks. I inquired and found that Hitler has called upon Germany's children to defend it. That is what we face now. A few scared schoolboys. But show no mercy they have become little more than un-innocent killing machines."

He indicated the men to fan out across the street and storm the house. The guns they carried, they were close quarters. Knowingly killing children, the thought made Ignacy sick.

DeletedUser

Berlin. The once beautiful city, the heart of the Third Reich that had suposed to last for 1000 years, was in ruins. Russian artillery strikes were a constant menace. Fighting from house to house, street by street. Drive the Russians out!
What was the point in fighting any longer...

Feldwebel Walther Maisser had seen his share of battles. The scars on his face and chest proved it.
Once he had marched alongside his comrades, most of them now fallen, into Poland, Belgium and France.
He was called back to Berlin for a new recruitment and propaganda campaign as one of 'Deutchlands heroes'. So he had spend his time away from battle for past few years to teach new recruits and getting drunk at local bars. With the Russians advancing he had been given command to a small group of men.
Boys, older men. No one he had really fought with before except for Gefreiter Steiner who carried the field radio.

"You never grow tired of all this?" Steiner took cover behind the wall where the rest of the unit was hiding.
Walther grinned. "I kinda missed this really." He looked back to his men. Schoolboys and elder men.
The ground shook with every explosion.
"We have to move feldwebel...a place safer than this!" said one of the elder men.
"Tell me something I don't know schutze Behmann...There IS no safe place in whole Berlin. But if I know the Russians the bombing should stop any minute now giving us time to move out."
The younger boys shivered. Dust and small stones flew everywhere.
"I've been through worse..." Maisser winked at them and faked a smile. "Make our Führer proud."
It disgusted him. He knew they where fighting a losing battle but he didn't want to demoralize them any further. That would lead to chaos, disorder, desertion and certain death.

The bombing seemed to have stopped. Maisser could see others coming from out their hiding places. Some wounded and being carried by comrades.
They had to report in the HQ on Wilhelmstrasse. Maisser looked again at his men behind him. "Let's move out!"

DeletedUser

"Russians! hiding behind some rubble!" yelled Dieter from the roof.
"FIURE!" Albrecht shouted. he stood up and let a stream of lead fly from his MP40. the rest of the squad opened up with rifle fire.
several of the Russians collapsed, one collapsed on the ground and started screaming.
"keep them pinned!" Albrecht ordered.

DeletedUser

They opened fire. Well, nothing new the men instincitively dove for cover, the ones with minimal cover feigned death until they could start suppressing the enemy. As Ignacy lay behind his pile of rubble he looked left there was Miloscz, he was groaning and had taken a chest wound which he was clearly not going to survive. Ignacy reached for his TT-33 and brought it out of the holster. The children were firing on him still another round went through his leg. The man was suffering, Ignacy had no choice he fired twice at the struggling mass. Miloscz stopped moving. Then he heard gunfire behind him, some of the men had rallied behind the hulk of a ruined truck and were suppressing the enemy so their comerades could reach the burned out apartment near the hulk. Clearly the guns were not doing anything to those scum and all Ignacy could hope for was that they were scared of the amount of lead sent in their general direction. Ignacy dashed to take cover behind the ruined vehicle. It looked like many of the men had reached the refuge of the destroyed building.

DeletedUser

Albrecht ducked down as a volley of sub-machinegun fire came from the Russians, who were now advancing.
he pulled a grenade out of his belt, pulled the pin, then waited for two seconds before standing up and throwing it. the grenade exploded in the middle of the street. wounding several Russians.
he ducked back down as some hot lead came his way.
"fall back! Eduard, Willhelm, get to the top of the stairs and cover me and Hans! everyone else, move!" Albrecht ordered. almost at once, he could see Eduard and Willhelm positioning themselves to cover him.
"come on!" Albrecht shouted, standing up and tugging Han's uniform. he and Hans dashed up the stairs.
as he reached the top he heard a cry from behind him. he turned around, Hans was clutching his shoulder. "i've been hit!" he said rather obviously.
Albrecht pulled him up the remaining stairs just as Eduard and Willhelm opened fire.

DeletedUser

A grenade exploded near a group of troops rushing for cover fortunately most of them recieved only light shrapnel wounds and reached the ruined house safely.

Tadeusz turned to Ignacy and asked, "Comerade, how do you propose we continue?" Ignacy turned, "We storm the house, don't you hear those guns they have. They're riflemen. Once we close in they'll be helpless against our weapons." Ignacy then indicated Henryk and Kazimierz to stay with him the others were sent to storm the house.

As the men started to exit cover Henryk, and Kazimierz provided suppresive fire. Ignacy meanwhile attempted to spook the children away from the windows. He saw a form in one of the windows apparently preparing to fire at his men. Ignacy fired and the form melted away.

CASUALTY REPORT------
Efreitor Chezslaw Koschiuzko- Light Shrapnel Wound
Efreitor Lech Pilsutsi
Efreitor Henryk Domeyko- Grazed by Bullet In Head, Bleeding
Efreitor Adam Sienkiwicz- Light Shrapnel Wound
Soldier Tadeusz Litvenko
Soldier Adamo Szymborska
Soldier Boleslaw Krevenko- Light Shrapnel Wound
Soldier Lech Miloscz-Deceased
Soldier Casimir Rejewski

DeletedUser

The HQ had taken several hits but was still standing. For now. Wounded were being carried in one of the rooms that still had a ceilling. Moaning and grunting. Medics, the few they had, did their best. An older Oberst was shouting in a field radio. Walther let his unit rest in an adjacent room and walked to the Oberst.

"What do you mean retreating? You have your orders captain. Stand your ground!" He threw down the horn and looked at the man before him. Walther raised his right arm.
"And what do you want? don't tell me that your sector has been overrun!"
Walther lowered his arm. "Erh...No sir. We had patrol and recon duty..." He pointed his finger on a map on the table. "...over here. We were ordered to report here."
The Oberst looked tired. His face was dirty with dust and mud and it seemed that he hadn't shaved for at least three days. He took a good look at Walther. "High command has it all figured out haven't they. You're the 15th coming in here asking for orders and all I can do is send you back to the front. Everywhere the Russian dogs are trying to break defences. This sector for instance....Defended by loyal Hitler youth forces asking me for reinforcements...reinforcements I don't have because I need them to hold off a panzer attack in the east..." He massaged his forehead and sighed. "But...You are here now Feldwebel..." The Oberst grinned. "...Maybe I have found my reinforcements after all."

DeletedUser31931

Unit: Volksturm
Name: Adolf Adler
Weapon: MP40, Stolen Soviet close combat Knife

Men In Unit:
Benedict
Bernard
Carl
Conrad
David
Dennis
All armed with the same as Adolf except Carl has a high powered scope riffle
Knifes taken from an ambushed soviet squadron

Adolf cursed, this was the third day of camping out in this office. A soviet unit was somewhere nearby with some tanks. Adolf didn't want to pick a fight with them.

Carl was scanning with the binoculars. He cursed suddenly.
"What is it?" said Adolf
"Two soviet riffle units headed our way." Carl replied.
Adolf swore silently.
"I'll tell the others" he said and he picked himself up and headed down a floor.
"We've got company boys." Adolf said "Two soviet riffle units by the looks of it."
The others stop what they were doing and looked up
"How long until we can move? we've been here for ages." complained Dennis, the newest in the squadron.
"I don't know but we will have to soon our food supplies are running short." said Adolf
Then an idea occurred to him.
"I have an idea guys. Dennis and Benedict, your going to have to trust me on this one" Adolf said " So here's the plan once the two units are near the building you run out to them without weapons pleading to be saved. Meanwhile Carl will pick out the leader. The rest of us will be hiding in near by buildings. When Dennis gives the signal, which will be that he clutches his left leg with his right hand, Carl will open fire. The rest of us will then step out of our hiding places and ambush the squadron."
The team nodded their agreement and so Adolf left and climbed up to where Carl was and outlined the plan. Meanwhile the rest of the team began to move into position.

DeletedUser

The Poles madly rushed the structure Boleslaw was the first through the door and smashed it to kindling while madly firing his gun in all directions. He heard screams of pain and turned right just in time to see a boy rushing at him with a bayoneted rifle. He kicked the boy in the groin and sent the remainder of his clip into the German. Then the back of his head exploded.

The troops who had rushed the building lined up close to the wall, Boleslaw had already stormed in and Efreitor Lech followed in another minute. He arrived just in time to see Boleslaw get shot in the back of the head, Lech gunned down his killer and waved the rest of the men in.

Ignacy watched from a distance as the men stormed into the house, the children had retreated from the windows and it seemed were keeping their heads away from the light of the outside world. As he monitored the building he considered the possibility of a German counterattack, surely they were spread too thin for that....

DeletedUser31931

As the soviet unit moved down the street Adolf began to pray that his plan worked.
If it did it would create enough of a distraction to escape while the Soviets where searching for them. Adolf sat down and began to pray to God. He asked him to get them all out of there safely.

DeletedUser

Albrecht gathered his breath from behind an overturned first floor table. Hans was next to him, holding his shoulder as the blood seeped out, the Soviets were storming the house. Eduard and Willhelm were dead, Adlar had received a chest wound whilst aiming his panzerfaust out of a window.
Kurt scrambled down next to him. "what do we do now?" he asked breathlessly.
"we need to retreat.tell Frederick and Fritz to provide a rearguard. tell everyone else to pullback into the next street." Albrecht ordered
"yes sir." came the reply. Kurt stood up and launched into a crouching run.
"let's move." Albrecht said. he pulled up Hans and the two ran across the first floor and towards the prepared exit in one of the bedrooms. the remainder of the section was there. Adlar was leaning against a wall. bleeding heavily. Fritz and Frederick were crouched behind the overturned bed, holding hand grenades and their combat knives.
"move it! we haven't got a moment to lose! Deiter, Christoffer, you go first and take Adlar and Hans with you.
"yes sir." Deiter and Christoffer dragged the wounded Adlar through the mouseholed* wall, Hans followed them.
"Kurt, you go next." Kurt nodded and scrambled through the hole.
Albrecht heard a shout and turned around. there was a Soviet charging down the first floor corridor towards them.
Albrecht pulled up his MP40 and fired twice.
the Russian screamed and collapsed onto the ground, dead.
"come on! there may be more coming!" Albrecht said.he crawled through the hole, Fritz followed him, Frederick started moving towards the hole but suddenly screamed, clutching his throat. he collapsed to the ground.
behind him Albrecht could see a burly Soviet, standing upright with his PPsh pointing at Fredericks writhing form
the Russian fired again. Frederick stopped moving.
Albrecht heard a rifle shot from behind him.
the Soviet clutched his gut and collapsed to the ground.
Albrecht turned his head and saw Fritz had his rifle at shoulder height. it was he who shot the Russian.
"come on! we need to move!' said Albrecht wearily.
and with that, the remainder of the section ran out of the house, across the street and into another row of houses, completely unnoticed by the Russians.

CASUALTY REPORT:

Albrecht (MP40, knife.)
Kurt (Kar98k,knife.)
Hans (Kar98k, knife.) - WOUND TO SHOULDER
Fritz (Kar98k, knife.)
Adlar (Panzerfaust, knife.) - CHEST WOUND
Willhelm (Kar98k, knife.) - DEAD
Deiter (Kar98k, knife.)
Eduard (Kar98k, knife.) - DEAD
Frederick (Kar98k, knife.) -DEAD

*Mouseholing: a military term for a hole that was been blown in a wall of a house to provide an alternative entrance/exit.

DeletedUser

Chaos, there were rushing footsteps everywhere as Efreitor Lech stormed the house followed by the others. As he went about the house he spotted the Germans who had blown a hole in a wall to escaped. He rushed them and was met with a wall of bullets. The German's location was confirmed however.

Meanwhile Tadeusz had been checking moving along the sides of the embattled house when he stumbled upon the German's exit, just as they were escaping. He opened fire and gunned down one. He never did hear the sounds of crumbling rubble behind him when a rifle shot went off behing him. His back, an awful pain and then he fell. Never to stand again.

Ignacy, Henryk, and Kazimierz entered the house and ran into Sklodowsky. "Did you get them all?" Ignacy asked. "No many of them escaped and Pilsuti, Litvenko, and Krevenko are dead." "That is poor showing against a rabble of children." "Calm yourself comerade this is the city where strange things happen." "Where did they go?" "We don't know. The day is getting closer to its close though, where shall we encamp outselves?" "Right here, we will not pursue those children? They may get help." "This house commands all approaches, we know that. In any case I know for a fact that armor will be sweeping this street at sunrise. This is our safest option." "Yes sir."

The Russians encamped themselves for the night in the ruined structure.

CASUALTY REPORT------
Efreitor Lech Pilsutsi-Deceased
Efreitor Henryk Domeyko- Grazed by Bullet In Head, Bleeding
Soldier Tadeusz Litvenko-Deceased
Soldier Adamo Szymborska
Soldier Boleslaw Krevenko- Deceased
Soldier Casimir Rejewski

DeletedUser

Albrecht collapsed down on the floor of a basement of the ruined house. the remainder of his section were resting in the basement as well.
"what do we do now?" asked Hans, who had had his shoulder bandaged with a torn of section of some bed linen that had been discovered.
"we rest here until first light. then we continue moving backwards through the houses until we meet up with friendly forces." Albrecht said wearily.
he looked over to Fritz, who was trying to help the heavily bleeding (despite the large quantities of 'bandages' that had been applied) Adlar. "how is he?" he asked.
"in a bad condition. i doubt he'll last the night." replied Fritz grimly.
"if he's still alive by the time we move out, we take him." said Albrecht.
"understood." replied Fritz.

DeletedUser

The Poles managed to kindle a small fire deep within the building. It was in the heart of the structure hidden away from prying eyes in an old chimney. The rising smoke was little cause for alarm since the city was thick with smoke already. Ignacy sat in front of the fireplace in a decripit room, Henryk was there too. He had lost quite a bit of blood over the course of the day but his wounds had been bandaged and he was doing better. The rest of the men were positioned throughout the building and sleeping in shifts. The commander and the man with the worst wounds were left to their devices. They looked into the fire letting it warm their hands. There was a cold wind blowing.

"Children Ignacy. Just children." "Efreitor Henryk, they were not innocent. Already their guns have taken four of our comerades. And who knows how many more lives they may take." "Its just that, well we saw children just like them as we marched here. Children suffering, tortured, starving, dead. It's awful the horrors this war has caused. Every time I see something of beauty, it seems that its followed by horror." "Henryk. The war is almost over. Do not let what we must do weigh so heavily upon your heart. The end is near and do you know what, for a few brief days we will have freedom." "Freedom?" "The army is ahead of Stalin's police. Remember how they constantly harassed us when we were fighting in Rosoya? We have moved quickly, the secret police are too busy with other tasks as they advance to deal with us. Before they come we will have the time of our lives. Something we may not be able to appreciate for many years to come." "Will we not have our own Poland?" "My heart says yes, but somewhere in my mind something insitsts that Stalin will have his way with Poland." "You don't mean to say-" "The forces of the Americans and their European allies are not as large as Russia's. Stalin knows this, and he will try to snap up as many pieces from the table as he can. Poland may spend another forty, fifty, maybe even a hundred more years of foreign occupation." "Well, we can hope for the best." "That is all we can do Henryk."

Outside tracer rounds cut through and illuminated the night air. Heavy explosions occured in many of the areas under heavy assault which were illuminated by burning buildings. Berlin was falling and all those in it knew this. Well, except maybe the Fuhrer...

DeletedUser

as dawn rose over the battered and burning city, Albrecht and his men prepared to move out.
Adlar had died of his wounds during the night, and with heavy hearts the tired soldiers retreated along the row of houses, unseen.
as Albrecht moved through yet another ruined building, he turned around.
"we dig in here for now. Fritz, Christoffer, you two position yourselves behind first-floor windows. make sure that you cannot be seen. Deiter, Hans, you take up position by the stairs. i and Kurt will secure the escape route and act as reserves if required. if you see soviets, do not shout, come over to us and tell us, otherwise they will hear us. understood?"
"yes sir." came the weary reply.
the remainder of the section took up their positions, weary from battle, but knowing that surrender is not an option. it was time to fight to the death.

CASUALTY REPORT:

Albrecht (MP40, knife.)
Kurt (Kar98k,knife.)
Hans (Kar98k, knife.) - WOUND TO SHOULDER
Fritz (Kar98k, knife.)
Adlar (Panzerfaust, knife.) - DEAD
Willhelm (Kar98k, knife.) - DEAD
Deiter (Kar98k, knife.)
Eduard (Kar98k, knife.) - DEAD
Frederick (Kar98k, knife.) -DEAD

DeletedUser

The sun crept up over the shell that was known as Berlin. The night had been uneventful and the men were ready to move out as Ignacy checked his watch.

"When the tank be here?" Asked Koschiuzko whose injuries of yesterday made the idea of stumbling through huge piles of rubble painful. "Any minut-" "They heard the rumble of the motor. Ignacy indicated the men to stand in the shadows as we watched the street. He wasn't sure if there was any German armor left, and didn't want to risk anyone's life except for his. He tightly gripped a Russian flag, ready to unfurl it. The tank finally appeared, a T-34-85, and Ignacy unfurled the flag and approached it. He walked cautiously down the center of the street. The tank's turret turned and zeroed in on him. The hatch opened revealing a man so thickly covered in oil his features were blotted out. "Greetings comerade," he yelled over the motor's din. In a thick Russian, perhaps from Sevastpol? "My men need a lift. We will be more than happy to protect your tank." He called out. "What are you waiting for then? Originally there were two of us when the German pigs blew one apart with their rockets. Now we will have eyes!" Ignacy indicated the men to position themselves strategically around the tank.

The commander looked at Ignacy, "Ready?" "Ready as we ever will be." "Then we move." The commander closed the hatch and Ignacy and his men carefully monitored the area around their protector as it moved down the street.

(OOC: Feel free to respond in kind or with some other AT weapon if you wish.)

CASUALTY REPORT------
Efreitor Lech Pilsutsi-Deceased
Efreitor Henryk Domeyko- Grazed by Bullet In Head, Bandaged
Soldier Tadeusz Litvenko-Deceased
Soldier Adamo Szymborska
Soldier Boleslaw Krevenko- Deceased
Soldier Casimir Rejewski

Status