"El Gringo" Set is derogatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26820

Inno's research team really missed the ball on this this one......

If you guys want to introduce "Gringo" into the game, then introduce the "******" set, for they're both terms used at that time in a derogatory manner.

The word "Gringo" in the state of Texas originated from the very first settlers to the state, fighting not only Native Americans, but the Mexicans, via Spanish rule and support.

From Wikipedia:

Gringo (male) or gringa (female) (/ˈɡrɪŋɡoʊ/, Spanish: [ˈɡɾiŋɡo], Portuguese: [ˈɡɾĩɡu]) is a term, mainly used in Spanish-speaking and Portuguese-speaking countries, which may have different meanings depending on where it is used. In some Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America, gringo refers to someone who is foreign and English-speaking, particularly someone from the United States, often disparagingly.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7]

DISPARAGINLY..... just the Inno research team catch that word??

Are you offering a Gringa set for the ladies??
If not, that's 2 counts of Inno's research team dropping the ball.....

You can read all about it on wikipedia, but the word "Gringo" is a insult and derogatory term to the first American settlers in the Texas area.

So your research team might want to get up on what's acceptable for a new set relative to words the Mods don't want to see in chat.
If you call me a Gringo, it's means you're referring to my ancestors that ran from a battle in the 1800's against a superior army but later won the territory on San Jacinto Day.

Yes, my ancestors ran when they were wearing green coats..... green coats.... gringos..... the green coats go.... gringos.....

The term GRINGO is a derogatory term used by those of Mexican origin towards those of early TX origin towards those that ran from a battle.

If you want to use it, then use it.... but let's have the ****** Set, the Spick Set, the Beaner Set, the Wetback Set, the "We're Having Babies and Sending them to the US so we can be Americans" Set to level out the playing field for the Gringos......

Poor choice of a set name, Inno.....

DeletedUser26820

Appears I can be called a Gringo, but I can't use the word N*I*G*G*E*R.....
One that was commonly used at the same time by both TX settlers and Mexicans in the 1800's...

kuro90

I have to contradict your report about the new set.
Its name has been chosen publicly from the entire communities of The West with suggestions through all the official social pages of every country. (e.g. Here you can find our post).
As you can see we didn't choose the name by ourself, but the entire Community of The West did.

Anyway I will report this to my superior in order to discuss about your concern, as we care about everyone opinion.

In conclusion, I suggest you to stop this kind of behavior on the forum since it has no sense and no meaning if your goal is to improve the community.

Certain of your understanding I close this thread.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.