Eight-hour hay supply

There was an interesting topic in the quest discussion section about whether or not this "Eight-hour hay supply" set is worth the 500 bonds or not.
Just wondering whether there are new insights/opinions/... on this. 500 bonds is a lot to spend on a marginal gain of LP as far as I can see. :unsure:

Last edited:

DeletedUser35520

There was an interesting topic in the quest discussion section about whether or not this "Eight-hour hay supply" set is worth the 500 bonds or not.
Just wondering whether there are new insights/opinions/... on this. 500 bonds is a lot to spend on a marginal gain of LP as far as I can see. :unsure:

after next update (mid this month) they are also adding plus 2 to each attribute... so slightly better. still right now more of a collectors item to me

DeletedUser

Yes, go buy it if you have bonds.

I own most best job sets (like allan's and cartwright's and soap and baca's) and according to tw-db cloth-calc, bbq set is best for a lot of jobs (at least 40-50 jobs and some even high hp jobs).
besides, you will need to wait another year for a chance to get tongs again and who knows, maybe in 2-3 months they will release a quest which requires this set. or they will expand that set with new items (like they did with luck set).
and seriously, is there a better way to spend bonds? it's a unique item.

BUY IT and never look back.

DeletedUser

and who knows, maybe in 2-3 months they will release a quest which requires this set.

That is not a reason to buy the tongs. You know that's not going to happen. If it WAS going to happen, it would be announced that it's going to happen to increase sales. The problem isn't that there's nothing better to spend your bonds on, the problem is that two events, the fair and the sale on steel lined boxes, bled a lot of our bonds leaving nuggets as the only option.

DeletedUser35743

I own most best job sets (like allan's and cartwright's and soap and baca's) and according to tw-db cloth-calc, bbq set is best for a lot of jobs (at least 40-50 jobs and some even high hp jobs).

Is, for example, the gentleman set combined with the labour set better than the whole gentleman set? since the last 2 pieces of the gs also give +50 lp. I'm really not sure whether to buy it or not if it's the best for the majority of the jobs I'm willing to buy it.

DeletedUser

Is, for example, the gentleman set combined with the labour set better than the whole gentleman set? since the last 2 pieces of the gs also give +50 lp. I'm really not sure whether to buy it or not if it's the best for the majority of the jobs I'm willing to buy it.

No idea, i can't use gentleman's set. But dancer's set is practically history since soap opera set became available.

DeletedUser2217

In my opinion they are worth it. There aren't many product-slot items that are as useful as the tongs, and the apron/tong pairing is recommended over not just Gentleman's but full Allan's or soap set for many jobs. So it's a handy set. I had enough bonds in each of my worlds so I didn't have the nugget dilemma.

DeletedUser

With the Declaration of Independence the tongs aren't the best product for many jobs for me on w15, and no jobs that I actually do.

DeletedUser6752

the problem is that two events, the fair and the sale on steel lined boxes, bled a lot of our bonds leaving nuggets as the only option.

Yep - quite the coincidence there. :hmf:

And as far as the vast majority of the player population is concerned, the Declaration of Independence isn't even an option - unless there comes a day when you can convert pretend currencies like in-game cash or bonds into actual legal tender.
The DoI cannot be compared to anything else, so it shouldn't really enter into this conversation.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I know, but the only place where I spent nuggets on the tongs is the only place I have the DoI, my collector. I guess I should have added that one job where the tongs were better was grave robber, and that was the only job I noticed that just used the tongs without the apron. It just doesn't help me much since I'm a pure trader.

One Armed Ninja

I'm sad.

I used my 1000 bond letter to buy the tongs while it was said it'd only be available for a few days, as I only had about 400 bonds and no enough time to get to 500, then they increased the time and I've pretty much used that letter for no reason now. I would rather have kept it in my inventory as I'm almost back to that 1000 bond total now. (will be in a day or two)

:'(

DeletedUser28189

If you don't own the DoI, the tongs are worth owning. Like Fafer said, even with some of the best items, the tongs and the apron still end up being a top items on many jobs, even against sets like the Soap Opera Set or Allan Quatermain's Set. Would I nugget buy them?... don't know, because I don't nugget much of anything, including any of the recent giveaway event Sets, but the tongs are worth the bonds any day (until they get replaced with something better :hmf: )

DeletedUser

Nervous that Da Twista did not mention the tongs upgrade in the coming upgrade :-/

DeletedUser

Oops, I was just looking at tongs. The change was made to the set bonus. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator: