New Easter Showdown 2017 - duel count reset bug

DeletedUser23821

In-game name: orthy
Affected worlds: en19
Browser: Chrome

Type of Bug: World event

For some reason my duel count has been reset.
So I have to duel 65 extra times to get the cougar and later rewards.
easter-2017-duel-count-reset.jpg

DeletedUser37907

I just reported it and searched the forum. I also think this is a bug:
1. In the past events this has never happened. I never bribe for the free dueler. But this event this happened 6 days before end.
2. If this is new feature, the label should be something like 'sequential wins', not just 'wins' (or something like this).
Edit:
(I needed 9 wins for the last item)

Pankreas PorFavor

it says "winning streak" when you hover your mouse over the number of your wins, it should be clear that you're not allowed to lose a duel.
the announcement says:
"You can also win the exclusive Mayan's set for winning in a row. Each win increases the streak by one. You need 75 consecutive wins to get all items. So be sure you have enough eggs in reserve to use a sneak shot if you lose a duel!"
it is not a bug - it was the same in all the past Easter events. you were actually lucky if you never lost a free duel. very very very lucky....

DeletedUser37907

it says "winning streak" when you hover your mouse over the number of your wins, it should be clear that you're not allowed to lose a duel.
the announcement says:
"You can also win the exclusive Mayan's set for winning in a row. Each win increases the streak by one. You need 75 consecutive wins to get all items. So be sure you have enough eggs in reserve to use a sneak shot if you lose a duel!"
it is not a bug - it was the same in all the past Easter events. you were actually lucky if you never lost a free duel. very very very lucky....

Not agreed with all.
1. Winning streak means consecutive wins. Number of my wins is the sum of all wins and is not showed in the game UI, because it doesn't matter. There are 2 numbers that are important: (1) number of wins to reach next item; (2) winning streak, that's for the competitors for special reward. Number of wins left (1) is in a group with the button for the quest set. Wining streak (2) and personal and world streak records are in a different group and doesn't seem to have direct connection with the left group (except that streak <= wins).
2. Agree that it's well explained in the announcement, but the proper place for this is the game. No place in the game UI that gives a hint that event set depends on winning streak. It's said 'wins'. It should be said these wins should be in streak. With personal winning streak of 71 and full of eggs, why don't bribed? Because nothing in the game points that I'll lose the set.
3. I am not lucky, I am clever. It's easy to win always. Cloth calc default setup for range dueler is stupid - no resistance at all. I use 2 points (weight) for shooting, dodging, appearance and aiming and add 1 point for reflex and toughness (as less important). I think my mistake was that at home I have no free configurations, so I replaced the default. At work (developer) I only shoot in 4 PM and added new configuration 'ranged dueler 2'. I think I have used the default config and received more damage - 5 ranged hits over 230 damage each for total of 1216. In the other duels I receive 120-150 ranged. Maybe I should have used only reflex, because have more attributes in strength. Receive 20-30 damage with melee weapon.
4. I am quitting after event. Just sending eggs to friend list.

DeletedUser35533

I was under the impression that ones dueling skill/gear had no effect on the outcome, that is all window dressing for what is essentially a spin.

DeletedUser22685

Not agreed with all.
1. Winning streak means consecutive wins. Number of my wins is the sum of all wins and is not showed in the game UI, because it doesn't matter. There are 2 numbers that are important: (1) number of wins to reach next item; (2) winning streak, that's for the competitors for special reward. Number of wins left (1) is in a group with the button for the quest set. Wining streak (2) and personal and world streak records are in a different group and doesn't seem to have direct connection with the left group (except that streak <= wins).
2. Agree that it's well explained in the announcement, but the proper place for this is the game. No place in the game UI that gives a hint that event set depends on winning streak. It's said 'wins'. It should be said these wins should be in streak. With personal winning streak of 71 and full of eggs, why don't bribed? Because nothing in the game points that I'll lose the set.
3. I am not lucky, I am clever. It's easy to win always. Cloth calc default setup for range dueler is stupid - no resistance at all. I use 2 points (weight) for shooting, dodging, appearance and aiming and add 1 point for reflex and toughness (as less important). I think my mistake was that at home I have no free configurations, so I replaced the default. At work (developer) I only shoot in 4 PM and added new configuration 'ranged dueler 2'. I think I have used the default config and received more damage - 5 ranged hits over 230 damage each for total of 1216. In the other duels I receive 120-150 ranged. Maybe I should have used only reflex, because have more attributes in strength. Receive 20-30 damage with melee weapon.
4. I am quitting after event. Just sending eggs to friend list.
Not sure what there is to disagree with to be honest, the players above you have only stated that you need to win consecutive duels, which is a fact. You're technically right in that the small box on the UI you're looking at doesn't explicitly state that it's referring to consecutive wins remaining, but I'm fairly confident that it's not needed. In my opinion it's a fair assumption that players will have at least read the announcement, spoken to another player or lost a duel in at least one of the five instances of this event before now. Additionally, the fact that the overall "winner" is decided based on their longest streak rather than on total wins provides a small hint. The entire event is geared around winning streaks.

I was under the impression that ones dueling skill/gear had no effect on the outcome, that is all window dressing for what is essentially a spin.
All of the other tombola events are like that, but this one actually does operate similarly to a duel in some aspects. They used to just mirror your stats, so you could wear appearance clothes and win almost every time like with most mirror NPCs, but in the last couple of years or so I'm pretty sure it's changed so that their tactics matches with your appearance. Their skills seem to be a bit lower than yours too, rather than just a regular 1:1 mirror, and obviously they do weird things with their stances and aim at your shoulders a lot of the time.

It has definitely gotten a lot easier to win in recent years though with the abundance of overpowered weapons in the game these days. They only use regular store weapons and their named equivalents, so just about any event set weapon or high end upgraded weapon should be enough to just outgun them most of the time.

DeletedUser37907

Very unlikely. I would have lost duels much often and wouldn't hit that 'feature' on 71st winning streak.
My hypothesis is, that (1) bandit skills are function (close to yours, or the same, or mirror to yours like your appearance = their tactics) of your skills and (2) even their clothes are mirror of your current clothes (though the weapon class may be changed).
If hypothesis (2) is true, the most important skills are appearance and tactics. The last one must be with negative weight in your clothes calculation if you can calculate it (but I can't, so just use 0 for tactics).

DeletedUser22685

Very unlikely. I would have lost duels much often and wouldn't hit that 'feature' on 71st winning streak.
My hypothesis is, that (1) bandit skills are function (close to yours, or the same, or mirror to yours like your appearance = their tactics) of your skills and (2) even their clothes are mirror of your current clothes (though the weapon class may be changed).
If hypothesis (2) is true, the most important skills are appearance and tactics. The last one must be with negative weight in your clothes calculation if you can calculate it (but I can't, so just use 0 for tactics).
That's pretty much what I said, except it's only appearance and tactics that are switched. The rest of the skills should just be copied from yours, but a certain percentage lower to make sure that you win more often than not. Clothes, like with all other mirror NPC duels, are taken into account when copying skills as well.

asdf124

All of the other tombola events are like that, but this one actually does operate similarly to a duel in some aspects. They used to just mirror your stats, so you could wear appearance clothes and win almost every time like with most mirror NPCs, but in the last couple of years or so I'm pretty sure it's changed so that their tactics matches with your appearance. Their skills seem to be a bit lower than yours too, rather than just a regular 1:1 mirror, and obviously they do weird things with their stances and aim at your shoulders a lot of the time.

It has definitely gotten a lot easier to win in recent years though with the abundance of overpowered weapons in the game these days. They only use regular store weapons and their named equivalents, so just about any event set weapon or high end upgraded weapon should be enough to just outgun them most of the time.

It was changed last year, the npc's mirror 80-89% of your current hp, while it might be the same with other aspects of your sp placement+gear.

Pankreas PorFavor

It was changed last year, the npc's mirror 80-89% of your current hp, while it might be the same with other aspects of your sp placement+gear.

I already wrote it a couple of times when replying to your posts - please, when you make such statements, could you quote the source? A link to a forum post by Inno staff, dev blog, in-game screenshot, anything. :)

asdf124

I already wrote it a couple of times when replying to your posts - please, when you make such statements, could you quote the source? A link to a forum post by Inno staff, dev blog, in-game screenshot, anything. :)
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/easter-event.56916/

Happy?

I would screenshot if I prioritized this game over life.

Had 2065 hp, koed one npc at from 1690 least to 1935 hp high.

Used gear was luck set(Mexican Dancer set+tribal artifacts), set to shoot heads.

Pankreas PorFavor

yes, thank you. :)
please keep doing this. you don't have to post a link every time, but just quoting your source will be enough (e.g. this time you could've just written "I think it was in the last years Easter event announcement, and from my experience the opponents have about 80-90% of your own HP", or something similar).
I'd be even happier if everyone would do it. there's too much wrong information in this forum anyway, when a claim can be backed up with a link like this, or a report, screenshot etc. this just strengthens it. when people write stuff with a "because I said so" attitude (or even if it just looks like it), it can lead to unnecessary discussion or even arguments.
good job, keep it up!

asdf124

yes, thank you. :)
please keep doing this. you don't have to post a link every time, but just quoting your source will be enough (e.g. this time you could've just written "I think it was in the last years Easter event announcement, and from my experience the opponents have about 80-90% of your own HP", or something similar).
I'd be even happier if everyone would do it. there's too much wrong information in this forum anyway, when a claim can be backed up with a link like this, or a report, screenshot etc. this just strengthens it. when people write stuff with a "because I said so" attitude (or even if it just looks like it), it can lead to unnecessary discussion or even arguments.
good job, keep it up!
latest ko was for the freebie, he had 90% of my current hp, 1749 vs my 1943.

So, if you like to win more often, have more aim than dodge and simply have low current hp+high damage via hitting heads(while sp used are: shooting for range, vigor for melee)

DeletedUser37907

Actually I got the set this morning (1 days before event end) for these 6 days and will stay in the game. Even forgot to buy the egg basket and bought 1 for 3 usages only.
10 minute jobs + energy medal + energy buffs (first days even without 150 energy bank). I also have automation 1 year (10 days left) from the free nuggets.
Than many resets and duel the free bandit.
Don't agree I should blame myself for resetting my winning streak. I made 71 wins, 1 loss and than again 75 wins without bribing. And I have the old Easter sets. How is expected to have this information, when not shown in the game? I can't read all forum threads.
No a single word in the game, that winning streak is connected with the event set. Only that it's reset when you lose (which is obvious). There is winning streak for all events, and none of them is connected with the set.