Feedback Easter Event 2022

Alduin

You're ignorant and selfish. You only think about yourself and and you don't think in perspective. A big sector have 33 spaces. So 33 people gets 287 sector damage bonus. Let's say 50% are tanks 50% are duellers. Let's say 50% of the shots are missed. You increase the damage for your team with ~6500 per round with the set i have mentioned. This is HUGE. And you also have a lot of attack because you have very high hiding, leadership and flat attack. You will also have 220 resistance and a decent amount of hp, so you can tank if you want or you need to. Next time think before you aberrate.

Sure, all of my west time i played worker and soldier except colorado. Putting myself on frontline knowing damn well i will not get enough exp and bonds as someone only damages is extremely selfish and ignorant. You right i am wrong.

Cant pass without suggesting doe, learn battle formulas before talking smack on someone. I would like to take you serious but your claim of my being ignorant while you have no idea which set im talking on or you dont know the set at all.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
It is a set dedicated to those with gringo weapons (i.e. the admins who got them for free for Christmas and all the others players who abuse multiacount and autoclick on speed servers) to use them with golden horse+saddle and siringo clothes as a set with sector bonus (but also with a lot of hiding and hp, so you can also tank when needed, not only to deal damage and increase the sector damage for teammates).

I am not an admin, nor have I ever used a multi nor autoclick. Still I won Gringo. Do I smell jealousy? I can't remember seeing you on the speed server, where you even there? You sure know a lot of things about things you know nothing about. Sure smells a bit like jealousy to me.....

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
You're ignorant and selfish. You only think about yourself and and you don't think in perspective. A big sector have 33 spaces. So 33 people gets 287 sector damage bonus. Let's say 50% are tanks 50% are duellers. Let's say 50% of the shots are missed. You increase the damage for your team with ~6500 per round with the set i have mentioned. This is HUGE. And you also have a lot of attack because you have very high hiding, leadership and flat attack. You will also have 220 resistance and a decent amount of hp, so you can tank if you want or you need to. Next time think before you aberrate.

You are assuming that there is nobody with any damage sector bonus in that sector though. I think your maths is incorrect. first there would be someone with at least 150 sector bonus already (full murrieta) so you are only increasing 137. Plus 50% hit chance? Show me a battle report where people have 50% hit rate from large sectors. 33% would be much. If we use this maths you have 11 people hitting each round for an increased 137 damage, about 1500 more damage a round and not 6500 as you stated.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
You are assuming that there is nobody with any damage sector bonus in that sector though. I think your maths is incorrect. first there would be someone with at least 150 sector bonus already (full murrieta) so you are only increasing 137. Plus 50% hit chance? Show me a battle report where people have 50% hit rate from large sectors. 33% would be much. If we use this maths you have 11 people hitting each round for an increased 137 damage, about 1500 more damage a round and not 6500 as you stated.
If I'm not mistaken the sector damage is also subject to the damage multiplier. I think 2000/round on average for a battle is a decent rough estimate for a competent buffer working to keep buffing the best sector available

asdf124

If I'm not mistaken the sector damage is also subject to the damage multiplier. I think 2000/round on average for a battle is a decent rough estimate for a competent buffer working to keep buffing the best sector available
The buffer would increase the damage by up to 137-247=average of 192 per player in that sector. So it can be even more if 20 players are at that sector. It can be almost 4k. But yes, minimum should be 2k per round for that sector and that's just the bonus damage.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The buffer would increase the damage by up to 137-247=average of 192 per player in that sector. So it can be even more if 20 players are at that sector. It can be almost 4k. But yes, minimum should be 2k per round for that sector and that's just the bonus damage.
No, 137 is correct. It is a fair assumption that any sector a SirGringo would buff contains another player with at least 150 sector damage, so that is the limit on their added value.
The quibble is with how many hits are landed, and how to account for the damage multiplier.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I’ll add that the real value is Siringo is the attack points for low level players. They get the full bonus along side enough hp to survive a round or two when they inevitably get bumped. So Instead of maybe 3-4 hits Per battle they might land 6-8, which pays dividends as they feel less useless and so are more likely to keep showing up

WhyN0t

I partially agree with you. On attacking side it's most likely like you said. But you probably don't know the damage formula or you forgot about it. Duellers (and other damage dealers) have not only their flat damage increased by sector damage, but also their damage from leadership. So instead of 137, their damage is increased with ~250 damage per hit (depending of their total leadership). And they have higher chance to land a hit (compared with a tank) because captain set is strong. So they will hit more than 33% of times. So it's more like 2500-3000 more damage per round only with one combination for which you don't even sacrifice much, because you still have 200+ resistance and enough hp.
If you are on the defensive side and fill a large sector (for example the middle large one between adventurers tower and duellers tower) things are changing. Most have only 45 sector damage from murrieta horse+saddle. So the difference in sector damage is 242. And you will shoot other people who are on grass, not on towers/buildings, so you will hit 50% of the hits. Tanks attacking sets are bad, and many people use full cortina for some reason i don't understand (which provide very little attac/defense, only good hp and decent resistance). So you will probably hit more than 50% of the hits. But let's say 50% because it's a round number. So the average damage that round will be ~6000 higher.
PS: On the defensive side you can use murrieta clothes, these items provide 3 extra sector bonus and slightly more attack/defense (because siringo don't have setting traps), but you will lose some hp.

WhyN0t

I’ll add that the real value is Siringo is the attack points for low level players. They get the full bonus along side enough hp to survive a round or two when they inevitably get bumped. So Instead of maybe 3-4 hits Per battle they might land 6-8, which pays dividends as they feel less useless and so are more likely to keep showing up
Yeah, unfortunately, low level players deals 0 damage because of low damage of their weapons and because everybody have spirit sets :lol: So this set is USELESS for low level players. Even against full cortina they will deal ~100-150 damage if they have a good sector bonus.
Spirit set is not even that strong, you lose 3660 hp (or 7320 if you are a soldier) and 20 defense compared with cortina ^2 (on defensive side). This set is only good against tanks. It may be a little frustrating for duellers to deal slightly less damage, but overall the enemy will die much faster because it has lower hp and much lower defense. You have to think in perspective, the fort battle is not an individual fight, it is not a duel. It's about teamwork. For example, you let someone with cortina+spirit sets to tank the hits from enemy tanks because they deal 0 damage instead of 200 and you with full cortina will tank the damage from duellers, because you have higher defense (and also hp). This way your team saves few thousands hit points. Some players can play with the sector damage set, especially on defense where most people have only 45 from murrieta's horse+saddle. That would help the team even more. I did the calculations above. And I feel this on my skin every day at the fort, especially since gringo weapons were given to the admins for free.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator

think we need to do a few maneuvers to make sure if it added before or after the damage multiplier, it's an interesting thing I havent thought of

Goober Pyle

The West Team
think we need to do a few maneuvers to make sure if it added before or after the damage multiplier, it's an interesting thing I havent thought of
well, the wiki formula specifies sector damage is also subject to the multiplier so I assume it's correct

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Yeah, unfortunately, low level players deals 0 damage because of low damage of their weapons and because everybody have spirit sets :lol: So this set is USELESS for low level players. Even against full cortina they will deal ~100-150 damage if they have a good sector bonus.
Spirit set is not even that strong, you lose 3660 hp (or 7320 if you are a soldier) and 20 defense compared with cortina ^2 (on defensive side). This set is only good against tanks. It may be a little frustrating for duellers to deal slightly less damage, but overall the enemy will die much faster because it has lower hp and much lower defense. You have to think in perspective, the fort battle is not an individual fight, it is not a duel. It's about teamwork. For example, you let someone with cortina+spirit sets to tank the hits from enemy tanks because they deal 0 damage instead of 200 and you with full cortina will tank the damage from duellers, because you have higher defense (and also hp). This way your team saves few thousands hit points. Some players can play with the sector damage set, especially on defense where most people have only 45 from murrieta's horse+saddle. That would help the team even more. I did the calculations above. And I feel this on my skin every day at the fort, especially since gringo weapons were given to the admins for free.

In practice the lower defense actually works in Spirit's favor (for advents). The higher defense of pure cortina has only a nominal chance of increased dodges against the top damagers, while the higher HP gets taken proportionally faster by crits. In contrase, the lower defense increases the odds of ghosting being triggered by the online tanks before the sargent-ranked damagers get their licks in.

WhyN0t

In practice the lower defense actually works in Spirit's favor (for advents). The higher defense of pure cortina has only a nominal chance of increased dodges against the top damagers, while the higher HP gets taken proportionally faster by crits. In contrase, the lower defense increases the odds of ghosting being triggered by the online tanks before the sargent-ranked damagers get their licks in.
sargent-ranked damagers?
I've never seen any duellers with sergeants on my main server. And ghosting is chance based, i usually take 5-6 hits before ghostings triggers (yes, i have VIP on), and i take over 1k damage per hit (without crits and with spirit set). There are 4 people with gringo weapons in enemy alliance, they usually play with 290 sector bonus sets, duellers hit hard, trust me :D

DeletedUser15368

sargent-ranked damagers?
These days, obviously offliners.

Though since we're talking about it, leaders used to prefer adventurers, and to a lesser degree soldier tanks, moving first for priority blocking on Defence, hence Sgt-ranked damagers used to be the standard - I've seen some people I'd consider experts still using this theory in recent years.

Now there are two factors preventing Sgt damagers;
- We live in an era of extreme hissy fits whenever someone doesn't get auto-captain and the entire ranking system is bordering on obsolete,
- Adventurers have to take ~2.5k+ damage before even hitting their first chance at ghosting, so obviously aren't anywhere near as useful as they traditionally have been for Defence, as damage continues to increase with each stronger set that's released - it's more efficient to just abuse the broken damage mechanic than rely on your defensive classes.

There are diminishing returns for increasing your HP/dodging, but not for increasing your leadership/damage, which has turned pure Tanks into bullet sponges.

I used to hold the opinion that you should only care about maximising your HP because the only thing advents have is their ability to ghost - we're not there to do damage, know your role - and it was a very powerful ability, most battles were won or lost on the luck of adventurers.
It's not that useful of an ability in battles anymore because advents can only last about 3-4 rounds on average, but neither is a pitiful +20 defence or even half a round's worth of ghosting HP, Resistance is pointless against a damager, there's no winning for advent classes unless they buy a damage set and join the abuse train.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Kruger

Could be worse .. Its a free set event .. expecting to polish a turd and get anything else at this stage is a bit optimistic..

Look on he bright side, the set arts not bad and at least its not another click spam mental event