East side heavy?

• Thread starter Will Hill Bickock
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Can anyone think of a good reason for so many of the towns in this world having been established in the far east?

Clusters of allies perhaps? Or is it that the cliffs are on the eastern side of the map...?

DeletedUser

East is where everyone starts out and most players don't want to trek 6 hours to set up a town in the middle of the map. They think there is no action in the middle and that is highly false.

DeletedUser

I always liked going to the west since nothing happens there. On 6 I founded a town there out of bordem. Here, im not as bored, so sticking to the east =)

DeletedUser

Early on there is no action in the middle, and definitely not the far west.

Sure,that changes as the world matures. But for now the east and near-east are where it;s at.

DeletedUser

OK, that explains that then, I'd never noticed! Sorry for asking a stupid question :)

It seems a little odd to start everyone in the same area, I'd have thought the middle would be the best place if you were going to do that?

DeletedUser

Then they would have to put founder's towns in every county, and that wouldn't be good because then you're even more spread out (you go to the towns, then follow your jobs)

DeletedUser

I think they are "somewhat" emulating the westward expansion of the US during/after the Wild West days.

DeletedUser

Maybe they are trying to set up a strong alliance and get it ready to go to war without being jacked with all the time when you are in an area with a lot of people they tend to want to start dueling and stealing by moving a little farther west you have a little time to build up a strong town and grow it to a point that no one wants to mess with you at all.

DeletedUser

I think they are "somewhat" emulating the westward expansion of the US during/after the Wild West days.

I was going to say that's ridiculous, just a coincidence, and they don't want players to start out isolated, but when you consider that the towns all have the names of towns in the Eastern U.S., it actually makes sense.

DeletedUser914

Worker only towns with adventurer help could start up in West for a while with little reprocussion of dueling attacks, whereas towns with dueller may want to stick near the action ;).

Lol i just realised I am probably the longest serving West member bar the mods on this particualar thread and I am still a newcomer on forum :*( hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

...and they are mostly built around the forts....it's gonna be heavy competition....

Diggo11

I was going to say that's ridiculous, just a coincidence, and they don't want players to start out isolated, but when you consider that the towns all have the names of towns in the Eastern U.S., it actually makes sense.
Plus it's right to left, which means it's most likely not co-incidence ;)