East of the Sun and West of the Moon

Red Falcon

Prologue...

=Chief Sprinting Bison woke up early one morning as he usually did. And he went about his normal routine, which unless the Sun Dance was upon him and his Tribe, consisted of taking a drink of water from the stream near his village, picking some berries to eat for his first meal of the day, smoking his peace pipe afterward, speaking to the people in his village, going out for a run in the woods, coming back to eat supper, thanking the Great Spirit for the day, then going to sleep. However, there was something off about today and it was not the fact that a storm was approaching when he got out of his tepee on this early dawn morning. He heard people shouting from the town below his village, which was situated high on a rocky cliff so the pale-faced settlers could not easily reach it. And only Sprinting Bison and the people in his village knew how to get off this cliff. As Sprinting Bison approached the edge of the cliff, he saw that the people in town were holding things such as swords, pikes, pitchforks, and other such make-shift weapons. He had to wonder what was going on this morning=

The story so far...

The American Revolution was a headstrong war that brought tough times for many people in America as well as people in the United Kingdom. But now that it's over, people are finally settled down. Or are they? At the start of the year 1809, a Native American Cheyenne Warrior took a stand against European Settlers who migrated west and tried to force their ways of life onto his tribe. A battle broke out and the Cheyenne Tribe held their own against the European Settlers. But the European Settlers were relentless and set in their ways and wanted to continue their journey westward. Finally, after a few months of tension between the Cheyenne People and the European Settlers, a peace treaty was reached. However, even 10 years after this Treaty has been established, the peace between the Cheyenne People and the European Settlers is fragile and thus, could be shattered at any given time. However...The European Settlers are not the only people the Cheyenne will have to watch out for, as the Mexicans are also traveling North in search of new lands and new fortunes. What will the relationship between these three races of people be and how will they fare? This role-play holds all those answers and more.

Characters needed for this role-play: 12 maximum.
Character Slots filled so far: 6
Note: These numbers are subject to change.

Rules for this role-play (These are subject to change):

1: Follow ALL of the rules in the Campfire Stories Rules section.
2: Throughout this role-play there will be battles against NPC's which will require team-work from all PC's (Player-Characters) taking part in the battle. Most of these NPC's will be relatively easy to defeat, however, some of them will be much more difficult to defeat and will require the use of tactical battle posts. A good example of one of these is shown below:

=As Chief Sprinting Bison saw the tough-looking man sprinting towards him with his brutal-looking battle axe, he knew he had to be careful, cause only one swing of this axe would be enough to disable Chief Sprinting Bison which could leave him defenseless against the sturdy-looking man. Armed with only his Tomahawk. Chief Sprinting Bison waited until the last moment to dodge to the left as the tall and sturdy man swung to the right with his battle axe. Then, while he was dodging the man's attack, Chief Sprinting Bison swung his tomahawk at the man's neck, cutting it open. Then, he quickly moved behind him to strike him once more in the back before the man had time to react=

3: No magic of any kind except where permitted. This role-play is fiction, but not fantasy.
4: The year in which this role-play takes place during the year 1820. Although, there will be at least one time skip during this SL, but nothing beyond the 1800's. Bearing this in mind, any and all technologies, weapons, armor, etc. must not be advanced beyond those found during this time period.
5: You are limited to one character at a time throughout the SL (Story-Line). If your character dies, you will have to get permission from me before making another character.
6: I will have control over the storyline, since I am the creator of this role-play. This means that while I myself will have control over my own character, I will also bring in NPC's (Non-Player Characters) once in a while. I will also have say-so over how the storyline progresses. The NPC characters are not played by anyone other than me. And speaking of which...
7: No Out-Of-Character or Out-Of-Context posts. An example of this would be:

Wrong Character: I'm down with dat beat-boxing music here in da 1800's!
=Wrong Character scratches a record on a record player=

There was no rap music, rock music, or any other such music during this time period. Therefore, this would be out of context of the SL and thus, out of character.

8: No special abilities such as being able to talk to animals or power over the elements. While it is okay to try and understand the habits of animals you may encounter during your journey and try to mimic them, it is not okay to have your person be having a conversation with these animals. Example:

Wrong Character: My animal instinct skill allows me to talk to animals! Hello there, Turkey.
Turkey: Gobble Gobble?

Another example:
Wrong Character: Look at me! I can shook lightning out of my hands!
=Shoots a bolt of lightning from his hands=

As you can see, the turkey and the person clearly cannot understand each other. And since the person is claiming to be able to talk to animals, when he clearly does not have this ability, this post would be considered a form of meta-gaming. Furthermore, no living person can channel a powerful electrical current through their bodies and hope to live for very long, let alone being able to control it.

9: When creating your character, remember that he or she cannot be good at everything, although it is
fine for them to be good at a few different talents. A bad example would be:

Mister Perfect: I can cook, clean, heal people, shoot guns, swish swords, and everything in between!

This character is saying they are good at everything, which would not be possible for any living person to do even if they tried to learn everything they could in their lifetime.

10: No morale-bashing anyone or their characters unless it's in character. And even so, all in-character communication must adhere to the No Profanity rule of Campfire Stories.

Bad examples:

Player 1: Your character plainly sucks, Player 2!
Player 3: Hey, Red Falcon, this RP you came up with sucks.

11: All created characters must be human and only human. This means, no goblins, no animals, no fairies, no angels/demons, or any other such races. However, it is okay to have a mixed heritage.

12: Please be neat with your posts. This means, no messy posts. A good example of a neat post is:
=Swift River ran into the village and glanced around. There did not seem to be anyone in the village at the moment=

Swift River: Hello? Is anyone here?

=There was no reply, so Swift River started to wonder to herself if everyone had gone fishing=
13: Please make posts in English only as this is one of the Forum Rules as well.
14: No one is invincible. All characters (Player and Non-Player) can be hurt and/or killed at any time throughout this RP. Please take a look at the updated Classes section to see how many normal hits and critical hits a player character can take before they die. Each successful attack post counts as one hit.
15: What are normal hits and critical hits? They determine the amount of damage a player or non-player character takes throughout an RP. A critical hit is much stronger than a normal hit and commonly strikes a vital area of a character's body. After a certain number of hits in a battle is reached (For example, 10 normal hits), a character will die. After the battle is over, a character may or may not be able to recover, depending on the types and numbers of hits they took during the battle.

About Your Character: All characters created here can be of any heritage, however, keep in mind that the most influential races in this role play are the Native Americans, the European Settlers, and the Mexicans. Each character is allowed to play as one of the following classes:

1: Swordsman-Proficient with melee weapons. The swordsman has a significant role in combat. They can take 12 normal hits and 3 critical hits in a battle before they die.
2: Brawler-Proficient with hand-to-hand combat and cannot use weapons other than their fists. The brawler is best suited for breaking up fights in places such as a saloon. They can take 12 normal hits and 3 critical hits in a battle before they die.
3: Marksman-Proficient with throwing weapons. The marksman is good for small battles and duels. They can take 11 normal hits and 2 critical hits in a battle before they die.
4: Gunslinger-Proficient with ranged weapons, such as bows and guns. The gunslinger is good for duels and most forms of combat, except for heavy melee combat. They can take 11 normal hits and 2 critical hits in a battle before they die.
5: Shaman-Proficient with spiritual communication. The shaman does not have very much involvement in combat if any at all. Instead, he or she helps those involved with combat to prepare for it by telling them any prophecies he or she has heard from the spirits he or she communicates with. They can take 10 normal hits and 1 critical hit in a battle before they die.
6: Charlatan-Proficient with medicine-making and being “at one” with nature. The charlatan is not involved with combat except for healing wounded fighters and soldiers using tonics and/or elixirs that he or she makes. They can take 10 normal hits and 1 critical hit in a battle before they die.

These 6 classes are based on the the attributes of Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence.

Multi-Classing is allowed though limited. In order to multi-class you must make at least 10 good posts throughout this RP. Exotic weapons are also allowed, but again limited to technology commonly seen throughout the 1700's and 1800's. Keep in mind that only two classes are allowed per character at this time. Character names can be as short or as long as you want, although beware when using complex or exotic names – Make sure they are spelled correctly. When it doubt, copy and paste.
Another note: It is possible to own a horse for faster travel, although keep in mind that not all horse breeds are equal to one another. Every breed of horse is different. Be sure to mention the breed (and if you want, gender and coat color) of your horse. You can even name your horse if you feel the need. Most horses can be purchased at a stable, unless your character lives on a farm. If your character lives on a farm or owns the farm, be prepared to mention this in your opening post. Also be aware that if your character owns or lives on a farm, then your farm must be maintained via posting. It is also possible to own a covered wagon or other similar vehicle, but again, it must be maintained and it can break if crossing over water or any kind of rough terrain. If you have a horse, no matter what breed or coat color it is, you must explain how you obtained it using a thorough post.

Taking part in duels and battles: Any time you initiate or dodge an attack, your post must be at least 10 words long and must make sense without god-modding. For making a counter-attack or a finishing move, your post must be at least 15 words long.

Every character has a backpack and they can wear/wield just about anything they want as long as it fits into the time-line of this SL. No, your character CANNOT walk around with no clothes on! Note: Your character can carry 8 to 12 items in their backpack at all times, depending on how big your pack is. Bigger and more sturdy backpacks can be bought at any general store.

Character Creation Sheet – Copy and Paste

Name (Who are you?):
Age (How old are you?):
Gender (Male or female?):
Heritage (Tell us about your nationality!):
Class (See above!):
Appearance (What do you look like?):
Inventory (What's in your backpack?):
Equipment (What are you wearing/holding in your hands?):
Biography (Tell us about yourself!):

My character sheet and all other character sheets and also the role-play itself start below this line:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Who are you?): Sprinting Bison
Age (How old are you?): 40
Gender (Male or female?): Male
Heritage (Tell us about your nationality!): Native American
Class (See above!): Swordsman/Gunslinger
Appearance (What do you look like?): Tall and muscular with long black hair and brown eyes with semi-dark skin typical of a Native American person.
Inventory (What's in your backpack?): My bone flute, a flint knife, some wood chips, a blanket made out of bison skin, some salted beef, a jug for collecting water, and my peace pipe.
Equipment (What are you wearing/holding in your hands?): Buckskin moccasins, long frilled buckskin pants, a long-sleeved frilled buckskin shirt, a coyote tooth pendant round my neck, a feather headdress upon my head, a tomahawk in my right hand, and a spindle bayonet (A weapon consisting of a hollow wooden pole with a single bayonet loaded into the pole and attached to rope,which is wound around the pole. A trigger near the handle of the weapon releases the bayonet from the pole at a high speed. Can be used as a melee or ranged weapon) attached to a strap around my shoulder behind me.
Biography (Tell us about yourself!): I am the Chief of my Village. My tribe is the Southern Cheyenne. I was born unto my mother and my father. My father was the Chief of my Village until he died during an unprovoked attack against our village from the pale-faced settlers, who came from the east. Our tribe used to be settled in Oklahoma until the pale-faced settlers forced us to migrate westward into the rock-hard mountains of Colorado. This is where we are now and where we will stay. We shall not move away from this place unless the Great Spirit or the Nature Spirit feels that we must.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Name (Who are you?): Fire Heart

Age (How old are you?): 23

Gender (Male or female?): Male

Heritage (Tell us about your nationality!): Not Known

Class (See above!): gunslinger

Appearance (What do you look like?): tall and lanky with a strong build. (needs some muscle and a good meal)

Inventory (What's in your backpack?): Rusty Gun, Sharp Knife, Water, Food, Ammo, a bit of money, a Wetsone, (sharpens knives) a Bayonet (increases damage) and a Blanket.

Equipment (What are you wearing/holding in your hands?):

Clothes : A feathered headband, Long buckskin pants and long sleeved buckskin shirt, leather boots, a cased Tomahawk.

Other : Slingshot, Necklace, Ring (only memory of dead wife) rock, Wetstone, and a small pouch (with some food and 10 very sharp arrowheads)

Biography (Tell us about yourself!): A mysterious dueler who loves to fight but is very anti-social and never speaks. arrogant and hot-headed but very smart. From a distant village that he abandoned many years ago.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Falcon

=As Chief Sprinting Bison stared down at the townspeople standing right at the bottom of the high cliff he stood on, he noticed someone out of the corner of his eye. This man (Fire Heart) was walking along the secret path which led to Chief Sprinting Bison's village. Worried that this person might be trying to sneak into the village unnoticed, Chief Sprinting Bison started jogging down the path to intersect and meet Fire Heart so he could ask what he was doing on his land and if he had business here=

DeletedUser

As i walked down the path carefully observing every small intricate detail as if i was a map maker of some sort, a strange looking old man stepped out in front of me and starting babbling about what i was doing and if i had business in the village. I simply walked onwards keeping my head down until he went so far as to barge into me and block my way. i then responded slowly "it does not concern you but i am just taking a walk now if you would be so kind as to get out of my way" i said in an annoyed voice with a small hint of respect chiming in at the end of my sentence (as if to say sir). he then nodded and let me walk on. recovering from my grumpy mood i then asked him before he wen't out of my sight what he was doing on this fine day. he replied "you seem like a good fighter, if you wish follow me." i couldn't refuse an adventure so walked on a scenic path with him until we reached a ridge that overlooked a village.

DeletedUser24989

Maahir was working out by cutting down trees( which he does everyday) with his double head axe, knocking trees down with one hit or two. While cutting trees, he found a huge tree near the road so he went heading for it. Before he got to the tree he saw Fire heart and Bison walking on the road. He was getting a little suspicious so he decided to follow them and see what they are up to.

Name (Who are you?)
: Maahir
Age (How old are you?): 23
Gender (Male or female?): male
Heritage (Tell us about your nationality!):European( not in real life)
Class (See above!): Brawler
Appearance (What do you look like?): very muscular and about 5 feet and 4 inches
Inventory (What's in your backpack?): rope, handcuffs, two pistols, gun powder, and a knife, and a sleeping bag.
Equipment (What are you wearing/holding in your hands?): he is wearing a tank top, Blue army pants, and a red bandana from a girl he likes.
Biography (Tell us about yourself!): He likes to joke around a lot and show how strong he is. He likes to have peace with everyone, if you don't like him stay away from him.

Red Falcon

=Chief Sprinting Bison had a distinct feeling that he would need to prepare for a war or at the very least, a series of battle and/or conflicts. And with the discovery of this somewhat rude, but tough-looking young man, he decided to show him the way to his village. As they walked up to the ridge, he glanced back at Fire Heart=

Chief Sprinting Bison: You look like you've had battle experiences before. Why not tell me of some of these experiences before we reach the village?

=The village was still about 20 feet or so beyond them, so they had time to stop briefly and discuss this matter, if Fire Heart felt the need to discuss it=

(Note to anyone who applies for a position in this SL: Feel free to jump into the RP with your posts at any time)

DeletedUser24989

"Hmmm...what are these trouble makers up to?( getting Ideas from his bad side, " Maybe you should capture them and interrogate them then give them to the law and get a reward!( lestining to his good side)" you should follow them to where they are going, they don't look harmful at all"( lestining to bad side)" kill them with your axe and steal their stuff!"( lestining to his good side)" remember, your a brawler, you can smash them both with one hand, so i suggest you find out what they are up to"

Ehh, those little brats. I will die if i don't find out what they are up to.

DeletedUser31931

Name: Ben Andrews
Heritage: English
Class: Gun-slinger/Swordsman (I won't be both at once I have to head home to change class)
Appearance: Tall, Blonde hair and cold blue eyes.
Inventory: LeMat Revolver and a shotgun. Conquistor's sword and Close-combat Knife when Swordsman.
Equipment: See above.
Biography: Ben moved to America with the promise of a better life. He became known in the tribes and acted as a go-between for the tribesmen and the Europeans. With recent tensions being brought up Ben has promised to fight on the side of the tribesmen.

Red Falcon

=Finally, Chief Sprinting Bison noticed that he and Fire Heart were not alone. He took out his Spindle Bayonet weapon and trained it on the figure (Maahir) hiding in the trees/brush=

Chief Sprinting Bison: It seems as though we're not alone. =Said to Fire Heart=
Chief Sprinting Bison: You! Show yourself at once! =Said to Maahir=

DeletedUser24989

( talking to him self)Who he thinks he is? to talk to me like that?Ahh..i'll just go out and see what those little brats up to..
Maahir walked out of the forest and started walking to them. walking with his head high and not caring about anything." what are ya boys doin around here? or lets be more specific, what are ya up to ehh? tell me before I smash your skulls.....hahaha i am just kidding, but now tell me"

DeletedUser31931

Ben rode on his horse towards Chief Bison. He was here to pledge his support in the war. he saw a man walk out in front of Bison and jumped out of his seat. In a second he had pulled out his LeMat and aimed it at the man. His aim not faltering for one second he walked up next to Bison. "Know him then?" he whispered to Bison, He intended to shoot they guy as soon as he did anything funny.

Red Falcon

=Wow! There certainly was quite a number of people out here all of the sudden. But maybe this was a good thing. Cause if there was gonna be a war of any kind, then Chief Sprinting Bison would have to start recruiting people to fight for him and his tribe, even if they were not Cheyenne or even Native American like he was. He turned first to Maahir to address him since he spoke first=

Chief Sprinting Bison: If it's any of your business, stranger, this young man and I were about to have a discussion about the situation below.

=Chief Sprinting Bison gestured towards the field about half-a-mile below them where the pale-faced protestors could be seen=

Chief Sprinting Bison: ...But since you're all curious, perhaps you could tell us what all those people are doing so close to my village with those weapons they hold in their hands.

=Then he turned to reply to the second man-The pale face=

Chief Sprinting Bison: I do not know either of these people, but do not worry. They are no threat to me. At least not right now. However...The people in the field might become a threat to my village if they are protesting against me and my tribe.

=He once more gestured to the field of pale-faced people, most of whom were men=

DeletedUser24989

"Ehh( itching his head) I am afraid I do not know but I think they are here to get more land. The weapons they hold in their hands are to use against who ever goes in their way, if ya don't want to give up yar land you will be( making sure he hears me) forced, to get out of it."

DeletedUser31931

"he speaks the truth" Ben said. "They are Europeans who seek to take your land. I am a European but I will fight on your side. I was sent here by Chief Hunter to aid you in your fight. You must evacuate all those unable fight and equip the rest with weapons. Come! We must go!" and with that he turned and rode off towards the village.

Red Falcon

(OOC: The Rules and Character Classes for my storyline-East of the Sun and West of the Moon-have been updated.)

IC:

=Chief Sprinting Bison narrowed his eyes. He was afraid something like this would happen eventually. And now it seems as though it was about to happen once more, despite Chief Sprinting Bison's best efforts to avoid conflicts with the pale-faces=

Chief Sprinting Bison to Maahir: So, it has come to this, has it?

=Then, turning to Ben Andrews, he looked even more concerned when this Ben backed up the words that Maahir spoke of=

Chief Sprinting Bison: You are European, yet the Europeans are planning on invading upon our lands? No. We shall not hand them over and we shall not abandon our land or our village. We will evacuate those unable to fight, but--

=But Ben suddenly mounted his horse and started riding away even as Chief Sprinting Bison was trying to say something important to him=

Chief Sprinting Bison: Ben, wait! Stop!

=He was not trying to slow Ben down; he was warning him, cause just as he put his Spindle Bayonet away, he could see a figure darting through the thicket of the woods and heading right for Ben! And worse yet, he was armed with a Tomahawk!=

Chief Sprinting Bison: Ben, watch out!

=There was no time to run forward and intercept. Chief Sprinting Bison had to act fast! So, he quickly armed himself with his tomahawk and, holding it with both hands, he hurled it at the figure rushing at Ben from the side, who did not seem to notice him. The tomahawk struck the left side of the figure's body and the figure yelled out and fell down right in front of Ben, dropping his tomahawk. Chief Sprinting Bison ran forward and caught up to Ben, panting slightly. He glanced down at the masked person (NPC), who appeared to be an Indian=

Chief Sprinting Bison to Ben: Ben! Are you okay? That was too close.

=Then, he glanced around instinctively, hearing more rustling nearby=

Chief Sprinting Bison: I have a feeling we're being spied on. But by whom? And why? Prepare for battle, quickly!

(OOC: The battle against the Masked Indians will now begin. There will be 4 Indians coming out of the woodwork to try and kill everyone nearby. Each of these Indians can take 2 hits before they die, so it should be an easy battle to win.)

DeletedUser24989

"Ehh old man, your red skin friends are here....I knew something bad was coming from ya three....Ehh I am going to kill you after them...hahah I am just kidding, Lets get this party started!"

DeletedUser31931

Ben didn't even laugh at the lame joke. He didn't have time to. He pulled out a shotgun and fired off. Four Indians rushed at them. Ben loaded his shotgun and shot the first. The staggered and Ben shot him again for good effect. He dropped dead and the second was upon Ben. He pulled his LeMat out and shot him in the head, the man fell to the floor headless (OOC: No human alive could survive that.). The explosion had demolished his head. Ben pulled out his shotgun gun and shot the third once before he jumped up and pulled Ben off his horse...

DeletedUser24989

While Ben was done from the third one, the fourth one attacked him and knocked him down his horse. The attacker lifted his hand and was about to hit Ben's skull with his tomahawk But before he did that, Maahir caught his hand, punched him in the guts (with his free hand), then picked him up in the air and threw him down on the ground really hard," I hope that didn't hurt.. Because I want to keep going!"

Red Falcon

=Chief Hunting Bison raised a brow in surprise. These people who were on his side were damn good fighters! Smirking, he pulled out his tomahawk and lunged at the fourth Masked Indian and quickly struck critical blow to his head, thus ending his life. But then, the third Indian managed to stand up and was once again going after Ben to knock him off his steed (horse). Luckily, Chief Sprinting Bison put a stop to this by striking him twice with his tomahawk...Once in the face and once again in the chest. The Indian man yelled out and fell to the ground, lifeless. Chief Sprinting Bison glared down at the four masked men, utterly suspicious of them=

Chief Sprinting Bison: Now then...Let's see who's behind the masks over their faces.

=He pulled off the mask worn by one of the freshly killed Indians and gasped and backed up some, looking shocked=

Chief Sprinting Bison: Great Scott! I cannot believe my eyes!

=The faces of these Native Americans were well-known, not only to Chief Sprinting Bison and his Tribe, but maybe even to the Europeans as well! They were all members of the Crow Indian Tribe, who had clashes with the Cheyenne Tribe in the past=

DeletedUser24989

" Ehh..looks like your red skin friends are turning against ya aye? looks like you have to watch your back from your most trusted men. well what ever happens, put me on your side, I haven't been in an adventure in a long time!"