• Would be useful/interesting idea

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Too much like other games/not possible

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Needs fixing/further tweaks needed

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Just a random passing thought I had, and wanted to get the general opinion on the idea.

I thought it would be interesting to implement color dyes into the game: either as a random item, or possible new job product, to dye your clothing.

This would allow you to take already existing clothing and dye it a different color, thus changing or upgrading the item to your desired one. For instance, taking a grey cap and dying it black, gets you a black cap and the stats that come with it.

There is also the possibility of allowing only one dye per particle of clothing. Basically, once you've dyed it, it cannot be recolored again, restricting constant change to an item to cover a range of extra labor points for job-pushing.

A different way of implementing this, would be to create a building, made for upgrading items only. This would allow not just clothing, but weapons and necklaces to be upgraded and recolored as well. If you already have a piece of clothing, instead of buying a brand new one, it could allow you to spend a certain amount of cash for the dye, and/or ask for certain items that could be used to make the dye for which to recolor the clothing(which would cancel out having to make new items and the 'do-it-yourself' style).

I believe blacksmiths were already mentioned before, but in context for clothing color, I just brought it up again, but instead I dub it an 'upgrade station'. If you think about it, it doesn't take much to fix a rusty gun or sharpen a blade, much less dying clothes.

Thoughts? Discussion?

DeletedUser

Mmmm. You do have a point about the dyes, but if ever that will happen I think that might cost you a lot of money and the item upgrading station will also be a bit expensive to build and may take quite a long time to build if the town's members were a bit lazy. There can also be an opinion that dyes have to be found not just bought from the item upgrading station. You can luckily find it from trading and after that it wont be expensive for an item to be dyed. Just bring a dye to the station and they will do it for you in a cheaper price. Just one question, Black Jack, why are you alone in your town?

DeletedUser

So implementing both the item and the need for a professional, hm? That's also an idea.

(As for your question: At first, I didn't want to accept anybody into the town until I built the hotel by myself. That way I could play the game at leisure and not look like I wasn't contributing. Now, those who have asked have already gone to other towns, which was expected, but even those who were serious about my town in particular have also done that. Right now, I'm too lazy to recruit and really couldn't care less if anybody joins the town. Somebody joked about building the entire town by themselves, and I seriously considered that as an option).

DeletedUser

Well if there will be town shootouts soon then your town will be wiped out cause people will see that to be a very good target since its weak, it has only one member (you) and its too long for it to grow. Its better if you join a town with many other people cause you can gain benefits once you guys manage to build a store or a tailor. You can easily buy items for a cheaper price. If you cant contribute, they cant force you. I invited a guy, if you would remember SaltineJesus, who is now level 22 to my town yesterday but I don't know why he rejected the invitation. Quite a mysterious guy isn't he?

DeletedUser

Well, as a traveler I don't really need a town unless I want a discount on possible quest items. SaltineJesus does not wish to duel anybody, so his case is understandable.

Also, town shoot outs really shouldn't be implemented unless both parties have a mortician, but that's just my view on it. I have no idea what the topics about them are discussing, but as a player who does quests a lot, I have no cash to lose from being killed. I do not care about the subject at all, really. But, yeah.

Anyways, back on topic, dyes....

DeletedUser

What I want are some really cool weapons. I like them to add Colt 45 pistols and Winchester rifles into the game.

DeletedUser

They are avalible to get in the future, i think you can get long gold ones which you can weild at level 75 (from german twstats)

DeletedUser

This idea could be implemented in the tailors shop, if it were to be run by NPCs. If you wanted to run it as a PC based sytem, a fabrics store could be added and an appropriate skill for PCs to run. There could be an established rate or a player set rate for services. Then the customer wishing to have an item dyed could drop it off at the store anytime and when the proprietor of the store decides to put energy into "running the store" pending orders would be processed. As the orders get finished the customers would get a telegram informing them their item is ready to be picked up/delivered. There could even be a delivery charge for customers that don't want to have to return to a specific town to retrieve an item.

There could even be a bleaching service to remove colors and dye them again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree with the idea even if they just change the coulour it would be fun

DeletedUser

Sorry Black Jack, but I needed to say NO for this one. I don't think we need a dye at all.