Duelling - possible development

DeletedUser35189

I was asked in the FB group to display my thoughts here, so I will.

I have thought of an idea for at least 5 years (I think).
Why not let the duelee (=defender) know that someone has set to duel? If not online, well... tough luck, but if online they will have a chance to change gear or flee the scene (if sanctuary is close enough).
I used to play a game called Evony (1st ed.?) and if one of your towns were under attack you'd have an eagle(?) flashing red/yellow to alert you. In the west you could have the dueling symbol in the bottom bar flash red when someone is out to duel you. I guess it would be possible "program code wise", and I think it would help a lot of non-dueling players to avoid problems.
IRL you would've had the possibility to "chicken out" in the old days, why not now?
There could be consequences for avoiding duels, loss of dueling points and/or loss of energy perhaps (10% could be adequate)? Maybe a possibility to bribe yourself out of a situation, corresponding to the loss in a lost duel (with a minimum fee of $10 x your level), where the attacker is prohibited to attack for the next hour (just like in regular dueling).
If measures like this were installed I could also accept that any multiple item from products could be "dropped on the ground" and automatically picked up by the attacker, but no tombola, unique or single items, just the regular things you get from jobs.

Someone was kind enough and pointed out that Inno does this for its players of Grepolis and Tribal Wars already....gives them advance warning of attacks so the player can get assistance or otherwise prep himself to defend. Therefore it should not be impossible to include it also in the west.

Quickdraw Andersson, W11

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

well that would stop players saying oh no you got me in work gear i guess ha.giving you time to run if you not a dueller and if you are time to prepare. its not a bad idea but it will never get added as good as it is :(

MFRavenhawk

It is a good idea, and one that should be easy to do since Inno already has the code in place for its other games.

I like to point out that while some things in the game are not realistic to the Old West era, many parts of it are based on it. Kind of have to take it with a grain of salt that the game time period runs collectively and concurrently from the 1550s to 1910.

On the topic of dueling and gunfights in the West, they were very rare. Most folks were ambushed from cover, seldom by a lone assailant. And while 'on the street' duels in real life during the Old West were rare, when they happened, you were 'called out', which gave you a chance to escape or get help.