Duelling Changes

DeletedUser

nosaj look at my posts...i have like 20...and ive been on forums for like 1 1/2 years? Im just such a spammer on forums like other right?

betaband, this thread went from ideas to pointless quotes and spam. Off-topic threads serve no point in existing. No need for everyone to see your pointless post(s) correct?

DeletedUser

No need for everyone to see your pointless post(s) correct?

Sorry Lord, I cannot beg forgiveness enough. You are correct, of course, in your initial assessment and everything that passes your divine lips is infallible. There is no need for you to step back and consider that your comments may have been misguided because of course they cannot be. They are the truth. They are the way.

Repeat your gospel time and again and over time every one of us misguided sinners will finally come to see the truth.

I have. I see your words were not a misguided knee-jerk and slightly arrogant reply to something that you didn't agree with but instead simply... well, perfect.

Tomorrow I shall go to the nearest town's church and pray.

Thank you Lord. Thank you.

ps: I am a tad confused how my pointless post, Lord, can be a justification for you (obviously wise) initial words, when my words followed yours. Unless of course... yes... stupid me, of course being omniposcent meant you knew what I was going to say before even I.

ah, you are truly divine... i feel such warmth basking in your glow.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :blink:

DeletedUser

nosaj look at my posts...i have like 20...and ive been on forums for like 1 1/2 years? Im just such a spammer on forums like other right?
I didn't call you a spammer, I was pointing out that you did the very thing you accused others of doing, mainly complaining on the forum.

I got no problem with you complaining on the forum, thats one of the reasons its here.

But I do have a problem with a holier than you attitude and hypocrisy.

DeletedUser

I think the major problem with the 45 minute fire back is anyone can do it, and it should just be members of the town you attacked.

thank goodness this isnt it. anyone can duel them. this is perfect, now people like mashdk can actually be dueled. Also you have to be on your toes and switch into defensive gear as soon as your duel is done. This makes it much more interesting when dueling and that is great. Before dueling was so dang easy and now this great rule makes a offensive dueler think about what they are going to do. Thank you inno

DeletedUser22575

thank goodness this isnt it. anyone can duel them. this is perfect, now people like mashdk can actually be dueled. Also you have to be on your toes and switch into defensive gear as soon as your duel is done. This makes it much more interesting when dueling and that is great. Before dueling was so dang easy and now this great rule makes a offensive dueler think about what they are going to do. Thank you inno

How easy..or hard dueling was before depended on your build. If you were a knuckle dragger yeah it would have been pretty easy.

As far as this rule making an offensive dueler think about what they are going to do...again it depends on their build. Knuckle draggers really don't have it much harder than before the change. With the addition of pants/belts they can have even more HP's, vigor, resistance, etc. So things have stayed pretty much proportional for them.

For example when you have a player who is ranked # 9 in Strength, # 2 in Toughness, # 2 in Reflex and in the top 16-30 in other melee areas this change is not going to effect them much.

Other builds have it harder, but then again they had it harder before the rule change also.

For example xtxtxtxtxtxtx in Arizona who is not a soldier but is a dueling adventurer, and he is an excellent dueler. But he already was at a disadvantage on defense due to no soldiers tactics bonus and on offense had to try and compensate with select high skills to overcome the soldiers tactic bonus when on offense.

This change has hurt skilled dueler builds like his quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

I haven't really tested the system thoroughly with my dueller yet, so perhaps some clarifications would be in order before I offer any advice. When calculating how long the 'actual' cool down period lasts, I presume duelling the sleeping character any later than 35 minutes into the cool down will result in a "target is safely asleep" message?

One idea that briefly crossed my mind crash is increasing the "default" health from 10 to say 12 points per level / sp, and decreasing the soldier's health bonus from 5 points per sp to 4 points. Whilst I haven't done any thorough examinations on the full consequences, it would offset some of the great advantages posed to resistance soldiers in the update and recouperate any strategic losses for offensive ranged duellers. It would also restore more of the original health balance lost when the high damage glowing and golden weapons became readily available.

DeletedUser22575

I haven't really tested the system thoroughly with my dueller yet, so perhaps some clarifications would be in order before I offer any advice. When calculating how long the 'actual' cool down period lasts, I presume duelling the sleeping character any later than 35 minutes into the cool down will result in a "target is safely asleep" message?

One idea that briefly crossed my mind crash is increasing the "default" health from 10 to say 12 points per level / sp, and decreasing the soldier's health bonus from 5 points per sp to 4 points. Whilst I haven't done any thorough examinations on the full consequences, it would offset some of the great advantages posed to resistance soldiers in the update and recouperate any strategic losses for offensive ranged duellers. It would also restore more of the original health balance lost when the high damage glowing and golden weapons became readily available.

the only problem with decreasing the soldiers health bonus is it also decrease it for all soldiers who are not knuckle draggers whom this system has made it harder on and increases the difficulty of dueling even more for them.

the solution to this since this is suppose to be a duel back system is limit it to either the player who was dueled, or the town he was dueled from, not every dueler in the world.

DeletedUser22575

the 45 minute rule is the best, now them cowards that only duel and sleep can now be hit

its called the MASHDK rule lol

No change should penalize everyone for the actions of a few.

To put this is prospective the crackers/npc exp dueling was being abused. So the npc experience was drastically reduced to the detriment of everyone who was not abusing it thus penalizing them.

IMO this was not the right approach.

Now I am in no way defending those duelers who do hit and sleep. A player who is dueled should be able to hit back. And since towns are communities players from his town should also be able to fire back.

The present duel back system accomplishes that. However there is no logical reason why the person who initiated the original duel should be a dueling target for everyone in the game during the 45 minute duel back period. If he did not duel their town member or community then he should still show as asleep and not attackable by them.

What this does accomplish is penalize every dueler out there who is not a hit and sleeper.

I also understand that many out there who are not duelers and who have been the target of duelers have the attitude of "I am a worker, adventurer, etc, and I could care less what happens to duelers, they all have it coming".

IMO opinion while this attitude is justified to a degree they should also be concerned about how the next change might effect/penalize them for the actions of a few.

Changes in the game that penalize all players of a class for the actions of a few are not in the best interest of the game, nor it is it fair to the players who are penalized for the actions of others.

And none of us know what that next change/penalty could be, but it should concern us all as players.

For example will daily log in bonus's be next ?

untitlsadaed.png

arizona

DeletedUser

it isnt a penalty, its for those who duel sleep duel sleep, now they cant...its perfect

DeletedUser

I agree that it is quite a nice rule to have. It really does make me think about things before I duel. For example, yesterday Kingjamesg was by my town working (about 4 minutes away). As a dueler class, I can duel him without even leaving my town. Before I could just go back to sleep and get away with it. Now, I know for sure kingjamesg would come right back and get me. So what do I do? I didn't duel him! haha. I could *maybe* take one duel at only 800HP...but when he came back I could not take 2 major hits on my health. So that adds A LOT to thinking just on that example alone.

As far as ONLY town members being able to hit back in that 45 minutes, TJ ...I don't agree at all. Again, this adds another level to thinking while dueling. People can piggy-back, use their alliances to help, etc. One can sleep in an ally fort, why can't they duel a person who just dueled one of their friends? Duelers should stay open for anyone. Also, it is a way for non-duelers to have more success dueling (builders, etc). Instead of some nerd camping, hitting, sleeping ...that builder (who can talk with other members) now knows he has 45 minutes to immediately attack that dueler/soldier who probably doesn't have the best health after dueling. Maybe he can then be piggy-backed.

Those are logical things to think about.

DeletedUser22575

I agree that it is quite a nice rule to have. It really does make me think about things before I duel. For example, yesterday Kingjamesg was by my town working (about 4 minutes away). As a dueler class, I can duel him without even leaving my town. Before I could just go back to sleep and get away with it. Now, I know for sure kingjamesg would come right back and get me. So what do I do? I didn't duel him! haha. I could *maybe* take one duel at only 800HP...but when he came back I could not take 2 major hits on my health. So that adds A LOT to thinking just on that example alone.

As far as ONLY town members being able to hit back in that 45 minutes, TJ ...I don't agree at all. Again, this adds another level to thinking while dueling. People can piggy-back, use their alliances to help, etc. One can sleep in an ally fort, why can't they duel a person who just dueled one of their friends? Duelers should stay open for anyone. Also, it is a way for non-duelers to have more success dueling (builders, etc). Instead of some nerd camping, hitting, sleeping ...that builder (who can talk with other members) now knows he has 45 minutes to immediately attack that dueler/soldier who probably doesn't have the best health after dueling. Maybe he can then be piggy-backed.

Those are logical things to think about.

Oh I agree there are two sides to the coin. And smaller towns would have more of a problem than larger towns.

But I really think the idea of this change was to handle the sleepers, not change things to where the knuckle dragger sleeper/duelers are the only ones still able to duel.

And as much joy there is over players being able to get to them they are still pretty safe with there builds this change has really only has minimal effect on them.

DeletedUser

For example, yesterday Kingjamesg was by my town working (about 4 minutes away). As a dueler class, I can duel him without even leaving my town. Before I could just go back to sleep and get away with it. Now, I know for sure kingjamesg would come right back and get me. So what do I do? I didn't duel him! haha.

did you duel me? or was this an example? if so what world?

Antjest

This changes are good to the point that they fail to balance or corect resister problem. In my opinion resistance build should be used to defend only and reduced their attack strengh significantly or made luck connected with reflex/toughness like with dodging.

The way it is now, looks like going with buldozer to Nascar race, push everybody out and win. KO them is virtually impossible due to their high HP and low damage.

Resisters advantages are clearly visible in Arizona when a lot of people decide for this build because of obvious advantages.

Another solution could also be to divide dueling between each character classes or even made subclasses and they would only be able to duel among themself.

But I still believe that changes to dueling system were needed only because of the resisters. Fix resister problem and there would be no need to change dueling system.

DeletedUser

There is a lot of builds for dueling and there some builds that will beat resistance build anytime,but then again there is other build that is better than that one,etc..
So what you have to do about dueling in this game is to accept that there is no build that can beat all other builds and just play game and try to improve yourself as dueler..

Antjest

Your stand is understandable.
You are playing resister on Arizona, probably for reasons that I mentioned in my previous post. And if/when game will be balanced you will loose your all round advantages.

DeletedUser

I say NO. Too many times I hunt jus5t for them to duck inside right before duel;l.

DeletedUser14006

With the new 45 minute retaliatory time implemented I wonder what would happen if I dueled someone and within a few minutes a fort battle I was signed up to started.

With a good fort battle it could last up to and sometimes over an hour, so would the 45 minute timer begin after the battle or would in this case it be a loophole to avoid that retaliatory duel?

DeletedUser22575

With the new 45 minute retaliatory time implemented I wonder what would happen if I dueled someone and within a few minutes a fort battle I was signed up to started.

With a good fort battle it could last up to and sometimes over an hour, so would the 45 minute timer begin after the battle or would in this case it be a loophole to avoid that retaliatory duel?

Once players signed up for a fort battle they have never been able to be dueled in the past unless they left the fort to work or duel, and then they became dueling targets again.

A status of "Battle for the Fort" is not sleeping in a hotel and would not be a bug, just the continuation of the same standard as before concerning dueling.

The only "bug" I see in this whole situation with this "duel back" is players being eligible to be dueled by everyone in the game once they duel someone one instead of only the player that was dueled or his fellow town members being able to duel him back. What we have now is not a "duel back".

DeletedUser14006

I know about folk not being able to be dueled once signed up to a battle but it is now possible to duel them if they are at the fort as long as they have dueled you, the duel back system over rides this, I dueled Rockin Racer today after he hit me and run to the fort.

I am wondering though what would happen once the battle begins as that is a potential loophole.