Duelling Changes

DeletedUser

Actually it's still valid. If you attack someone before he goes to sleep in a hotel, but he ends up going to sleep before the duel starts, no duel occurs and you lose 12 energy. The rule of this discussion only pertains to peeps who duel and then attempt to hide from retribution by parking in a hotel. It doesn't change the rule for those who did not perform a duel 45 mins before sleeping, nor does it change the effect if you attempt to duel the dueler after the 45 minutes have elapsed "and"prior to them going to sleep. Or am I missing something? Don't believe so...

As to the 45 minute window and how it applies to everyone instead of just the dueled person or just that respective town, I think that is absolutely fine. There are some towns comprised of non-duelers (fort fighters, etc), or townships with people outside your dueling range, and thus nobody available to exact revenge. The 45 minute rule is actually a very small window to obtain non-townies to impose revenge. A bounty, quickly posted, becomes a more effective utility but not, as some contend, a death sentence. Indeed, it becomes a matter of luck for a non-townie to exact revenge, as he has to be within 45 mins distance from the bountied, minus however long it took for the victim to post the bointy and minus however long it took for the dueler to notice the bounty. That truly is a very small window and a lotta luck attached.

If you limit the 45 min rule to just the attacked, you will encourage attacks against non-duelers. If you limit it to just the town, smart duelers will attack small towns, non-dueling towns, and towns with a handful of (or just one) peeps within their dueling range, thus effectively encouraging small-town, non-dueler bullying.

The rule is both simple and sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

but if he ends up going to sleep before the duel starts, you lose the duel and lose 12 energy. T

correction, youll not complete the duel so you won't lose perse and it wont affect your stats but you will lose 12 energy,the duel does activate only to find the dudes hiding under the covers...

Id agree with the 45 mins thing is fine apart from this ...... a prem dueler can duel you from so far away that unless you see it happen within 5 mins he will be able to hide in time. I know this from experience and its infuriating let alone a bit unfair someone can hit you from 30 mins away and the 45 thing works from the second they hit you not when the duelback begins..... 5 mins to see change and duelback is a joke imo

DeletedUser

Ah right, thanks for catching that (I know better but my brain is on vacation at the moment), will correct it now,

DeletedUser

correction, youll not complete the duel so you won't lose perse and it wont affect your stats but you will lose 12 energy,the duel does activate only to find the dudes hiding under the covers...

Have you not had a failed duel in the past few months? It no longer costs you energy.

DeletedUser

I guess people are more scared of JRB than Vic and run to the hotel when they see him coming. ;)

DeletedUser16008

Have you not had a failed duel in the past few months? It no longer costs you energy.

No the only failed duels ive had is when i go to sleep in RL so no way to tell ... if im active people dont duck on me before i either hit or ill cancel.

nice to know tho saves me messing around

DeletedUser9470

Does anyone else agree with me that:

Players who attacked someone by doing a duel can now be attacked for at least 45 minutes even if they sleep in hotels

Is just a little bit messed up. Anyone care to help with a petition to have it changed to a more reasonable time of like 15-20 minutes instead of being out in the open for 45 minutes.

this is to prevent campers.

but then they brought out the new dueler bonus (you can perform duels within a radius of 30 minutes (premmy) without travelling there.
that means that a dueler can duel you and sleep leaving you with 30 minutes travel and 10 minutes duel time. ie if you dont spot the duel within 5 minutes then you cannot retaliate.
which leads to issu number one!
campers!

as usual a good thing gets done, and then gets completely ruined by a noob idea.

on top of that duelers get best bonuses in fortfights, but thats another noob story (theres only one class: dueler)