Duelling Changes

DeletedUser

Does anyone else agree with me that:

Players who attacked someone by doing a duel can now be attacked for at least 45 minutes even if they sleep in hotels

Is just a little bit messed up. Anyone care to help with a petition to have it changed to a more reasonable time of like 15-20 minutes instead of being out in the open for 45 minutes.

DeletedUser

I never join petitions, but in this case I'd be honored to say:
NO!

And this itching caused by another "campers unite" thread should stop already. Anyone has a cure?

DeletedUser

I'm a dueler and I honestly don't care if they change it. It has not effected me at all... So no.

DeletedUser

Not a chance, duelers should have no shelter from dueling in my view.

DeletedUser

It would not make sence exsample.Guy walks in hotel hey that guy dueled me i want revenge can i go upstairs and shoot him. Sure says the Manager of the hotel see its just not reasonable.NO

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

no_camping.jpg

But don't get me wrong, I couldn't honestly care less.

DeletedUser

im not saying remove it, it needs to be there....but for decent duelers that are outnumbered having to wait 45 minutes with an entire alliance against you isnt very fair.

I'm simply suggesting lowering it to a more reasonable time of something like 20 minutes.

Then minimum duel time of 10 minutes + 20 Minute time limit of no hiding offers plenty of time for that player to be dueled.

Today i collected a bounty and headed off to get my hp back and BAM...4 players hit me after i had been asleep for 30 minutes. Just kind of a BS time limit...

DeletedUser

the 45 minute rule is the best, now them cowards that only duel and sleep can now be hit

DeletedUser

and i am 100% agreeing king, but 45 minutes is just to much. Why punish every dueler for a few campers. A 20 minute time instead of 45 is a much more suitable time limit that both leaves campers open to be hit, but also wont let a normal dueler be KO'ed consistently by an outnumbering opposition.

DeletedUser

Actually, it's very well thought out to try and push you into buying nuggets if you're a dueler.

(All this is true for duelers, NOT other classes who happen to duel).

Dueler with premium class can hit someone from 30 minutes away, then go to sleep. That means that the window of opportunity to strike back a dueler (assuming you're not one yourself) is only 15 minutes, including walking time. Take into account the 10 minute delay for actually striking the duel, and your reprisal window is 5 minutes only.

But meanwhile, if you're not a premium dueler or dueler at all, you don't get that benefit. So actually, a very clever way to create an incentive for a person (who wants to duel in the game) to choose the dueler class and pay for nuggets.

DeletedUser

Why would dueler always hit someone that is 30 mins away and not 29 mins away or 5 mins away ar any other number away is beyond my imagination.
Not only that... Why would that dueler always go to sleep after he hits someone on a distance is a mystery to me that I'll never solve.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying the dueler always would, I'm just saying you could... And the point is that with the new dueling system, if you're clever and your a dueler class, you can really use it to your advantage to minimize the risk of reprisal...

Heck it even works this way (remember, we're dealing with a premium-class dueler here). You're 20% faster right? OK, fight someone 29 minutes away, walk about 20 minutes in the polar opposite direction, go to sleep. You'll probably be safe.

BTW, did anyone not notice that you're open to attack by EVERYONE in the world now when you initiate an attack, and not just the town/alliance you first hit? Now THAT'S a bit odd, would make more sense if the reprisal-window were only open for the town/alliance and not everyone, but whatever, them's is the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm low health no way to defend one self ....
Sound like one of my all work characters :p

And they are not allowed to defend themself in duels in any way so why shuld your duelerer ?

So i would like to join in on the NO !!

45 min is not a long time to react including travel time you have to be online to be able to retaliate in that time window so raise it to 2 h :p

So live with it or give up dueling.
Hrmpf and i usually feel bad when i whine a little when my pure work characters get dueled lol
Dualerers complaining about getting dueled :D

DeletedUser

Death of the hit & run killer

I'm ok with a short period of vulnerability, say 10 minutes to 20 minutes. I duel with all classes, with high tactics on soldiers and high appearance on adventurers. A 45 minute window will virtually eliminate the high appearance players from dueling. Their hit & run style is awesome on offense but a death sentence with the 45 minute rule. Appearance offers no defense and one hit will put him away. The game might turn into one where high tactics soldiers will fight weaker opponents (instead of other high level players....) I don't like the 45 minute limit and will re-skill my high appearance adventurer as a fort fighter. So much for the death of the hit & run killer.

DeletedUser

Like I said, if you think about it, (and try to remember the order is 1. How can we make money, then 2. How do we make it fun), the update really does *encourage* you to pick the dueling class and pay for premium.

Till 1.30, there was little enough advantage to be a dueling dueler (as opposed to say a questing dueler, you get what I mean). Soldiers got extra health and tactics bonus.
Advent could run away and sleep anywhere for free. Workers, well, nothing that promoted dueling per-se.

But with 1.30, you get some reasonably decent reasons to pick the dueler class if you can work them to your advantage and IF you're willing to pay for them.

So again, I'd argue that the devs balanced this perfectly.

DeletedUser

the update really does *encourage* you to pick the dueling class and pay for premium.
No. The update encourages you to pick dueler class instead of soldier class if you want to go dueling all over the place.

And premium has nothing to do with it, really.
You still get silly "1 dollar more" class bonus that with premium makes "2 dollars more".
The only reason dueler could pay nuggets for PA is getting 20% of crits instead of 10%, but that's not from this update.