Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Nisa

World 11 was definitely not full premium in 2009. You're mixing it up with Arizona, which was the first full premium world in June 2010.

That's correct. I believe Arizona started as Full premium world and w11 and w12 got added the premium later on. I really dont remember the dates lol, Rip got the date right.

Still back to my point, bunch of worlds were opened in first year(s) of the game and dueling was very active, more active than today and players were using available options to keep themselves safe from dueling. Actually, they were playing the game..which is not the case nowadays.

Deleted User - 1693871

Yes, duelling was great in those days. A lot of changes since then that have undermined that.

DeletedUser29831

Remember you used to be able to Quest NPC KO - worked the same way that job KO just did... and went the same way!

Yeah, used to keep quests uncompleted just to have some protection. And a fast ride home from FF. :shootout:

Reyne

I am not sure I understand what are you complaining about. Looking at your join date and you are an old player, that started playing before fort battles when it was clearly just dueling game, with 2 hours jobs , limited equipment and having to do everything hard way ( no help with quests etc)

Dueling changes were needed badly and from such an old player like yourself one would expect he/she knows how to use game options to avoid getting dueled and not expect everything served on a plate. How hard is to check report ?

I apologize for the sarcastic tone. It really accomplishes nothing.

*sighs* Yes, I am an old player who remembers the old days. This update just seemed to be a step backwards - in some ways - for the non-duelers who had finally figured out a quicker way to avoid being dueled. Yes, we can go back to the old methods, and while not foolproof, they do help. The thing that bothers me about relying on reports (are they local or server time?) is trying to be online at the exact moment it runs out and making sure one of your friends can be available to renew it. A bit more hassle, but yes, can be done.

Timer at sheriffs office can be updated in very simply way.. "add full timer and color"

When person gets KO.. timer at sheriff says either 3 days (as it was before) or says 72 hrs in red color... indicating noone can set duel and noone can duel you

After first 24 hrs expire.. change color from red to green saying either 2 days or do countdown for 48 hrs..

Timer goes to 0.. well.. we do have that black one saying "You're ready"

Easy.. and everyone happy!

Yes, this is something I would wholeheartedly support. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29831

The thing that bothers me about relying on reports (are they local or server time?) is trying to be online at the exact moment it runs out and making sure one of your friends can be available to renew it. A bit more hassle, but yes, can be done.

And for us sensible persons using the the 24-hour clock, it's trying to rembmer if AM or PM is in the morning or what. :laugh:

But I choose to see it another way. Whenever my protection is running out, I bank my cash, equip travel gear and go duelling. Which doesn't always work, but it is fun to get a report where I attack someone at level 225 with a clay jug and wins. :-D With 1 damage done.

Timer at sheriffs office can be updated in very simply way.. "add full timer and color"

When person gets KO.. timer at sheriff says either 3 days (as it was before) or says 72 hrs in red color... indicating noone can set duel and noone can duel you

After first 24 hrs expire.. change color from red to green saying either 2 days or do countdown for 48 hrs..

Timer goes to 0.. well.. we do have that black one saying "You're ready"

Can I add pretty, pretty please?

DeletedUser36182

Obviously there are two types of duelers. 1)Those who make a living dueling weaker players and 2)those who pick a challenging opponent. This being said,,,

1) Why is the minimum duel motivation set so low (1%), Shouldn't this be MUCH higher forcing type1 duelers into a pool with bigger fish?

2) Since not everyone is interested in dueling, how about after a period of not initiating a duel, or once your duel exp level reaches a negative number you become a "non-combatant" enabling a way to opt out of being dueled?

3) Why not limit the number of times per day/week you can duel the same player?

I don't expect any real improvement to the system even though there is plenty of room for it.

Pankreas PorFavor

Obviously there are two types of duelers. 1)Those who make a living dueling weaker players and 2)those who pick a challenging opponent.

You are obviously wrong. What do you expect from duelers who attack you? Every time they hit you they should also show you a report for a duel they lost or where they got hit badly? Yes, there are bullies, but there are two things that bring most satisfaction to a dueler - 1)hitting someone who whines about being dueled and sends hate mail and 2) winning a duel against someone who is a great dueler.

1) Why is the minimum duel motivation set so low (1%), Shouldn't this be MUCH higher forcing type1 duelers into a pool with bigger fish?

It's 3%, not 1%, but it's still low, I agree.

2) Since not everyone is interested in dueling, how about after a period of not initiating a duel, or once your duel exp level reaches a negative number you become a "non-combatant" enabling a way to opt out of being dueled?

I am 100% against this. For example, I wan't duelers to be able to attack enemy tanks before the fort battle, forcing them to use HP buffs or go into battle with lower HP.

This might be worth exploring. Maybe extend the 1h period between duels to 3h, or maybe 6h?

I don't expect any real improvement to the system even though there is plenty of room for it.

Giving players of a PvP game a chance to get out of duels without any, or with very little effort is not what I would call an improvement, but YMMV.

DeletedUser22685

I think this actually has potential. Let's face it, the only real problem that anyone has with duellers is when the same person hits them repeatedly. Other than that, the duelling scene isn't active enough for several players to beat you up within a few hours of each other like they used to.

It's also an aspect of duelling that has never been changed or even discussed, really. It would be limiting in terms of trying to collect bounties, but that can easily be worked around.

DeletedUser36559

I think we should stop being Neophobic and start adapting to these changes. No I don't like they removed job-KO but so what, we get extra 24 hours of protection with a tiny bit of effort from our side. I haven't been dueled much lately with a pure construction build but I know some people who get hit relentlessly so as long stroke said limit number of times u can duel the same player will fix that issue aswell.

DeletedUser36182

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to dueling. I admittedly have gone on a killing spree more than once and have hunted players for bounty or revenge.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

I am 100% against this. For example, I wan't duelers to be able to attack enemy tanks before the fort battle, forcing them to use HP buffs or go into battle with lower HP.

Wouldn't it be possible to tie this in making a FF'r an active combatant? I just think there should be a way for players with no interest in dueling to have a way to opt out.

Ripwise

I said this before. If you opt out of duling completely you wont be able to do quests which require dueling aspect of the game so complete opt out isnt possible.

DeletedUser34295

I said this before. If you opt out of duling completely you wont be able to do quests which require dueling aspect of the game so complete opt out isnt possible.

I can't do them as it is right now anyway, since I'm not skilled for killing people in one hit, or even killing people at all. So I don't see how your argument is valid. That would simply be the sacrifice one makes for opting out of duelling.

-

Also, I like the idea of controlling how often/many times in a row a person can duel the same player over and over again. That would avoid the harassment/bullying, which sometimes takes place.

DeletedUser36979

What? I have never been forced to do any quests except the tutorial, so it is very much possible to play without doing quests and avoid having to initiate duels.

But I found a great way to avoid duels... leave town. Which I can see people have started doing.

Ripwise

I can't do them as it is right now anyway, since I'm not skilled for killing people in one hit, or even killing people at all. So I don't see how your argument is valid. That would simply be the sacrifice one makes for opting out of duelling.

-

Also, I like the idea of controlling how often/many times in a row a person can duel the same player over and over again. That would avoid the harassment/bullying, which sometimes takes place.

To kill someone in 1 hit is more of a timing game than skill ;)

DeletedUser36182

Dueling a NPC shouldn't be the same as PvP. I think pinkerton and deadman's are the only 2 that require PvP interaction.

DeletedUser

I'm going to change tack here - Hey, if you're on Arizona, friend or foe doesn't matter, PLEASE come duel me!

Since the update I get challenged maybe twice a week, before that it would be roughly once a day.

So please, from a dueler who kicks kittens and puppies, who picks on all those pure workers (now currently level 135+ building what exactly, I have no clue, how you can keep excited doing building-only in the game), who zero mots b/c I love to just annoy people and am not interested in challenges like how high can I build up that church or hey look I just found my 1000'th piece of lead, and whose mother wears combat boots, please please please come and attack me?

And oh yeah, I mean it. Arizona. Open warfare on Supraxus. If you ever wanted to kick an ass and got denied, here's your opportunity for satisfaction.

- I am Supraxus and I approve of this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37306

If you are not a dueler, you still can loose experience points by being dueled. That's awkward.