Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser1121

You did however say that there was no logical reason as to why job KO would give protection from being duelled or duelling. And well, there are plenty. Have you ever been injured at work? So much to the point you've passed out and been taken to a hospital (or moved back home/to a hotel if that's where you live)? I'd guess no, but I'm almost certain you would agree that after such a happening you're not grabbing your gun and running out to shoot people. Nor would anyone think it's legit to have someone come to you and shoot you whilst you're already down and hurt.

Suffering from a job KO has the same negative effects as being duel KO, you lose money, energy and get moved back to a hotel. This means you should also get the same protection: some time where you can start rebuilding your character and money stash again. It's ridiculous to have job KO make you lose all energy/HP and move you back to hotel, just so that you can be duelled as soon as you get out of bed and it happens again. Being knocked out for whatever reason should offer protection to rebuild what you lost, it's not that odd.

That is exactly why I suggested a change to the developers a year ago.

I requested that you should not be able to do any jobs for 48 hours when you get KO'd in a duel. Furthermore, to keep things logical, since you can't duel for 48 hours after a duel KO, you should not be able to do any jobs for 48 hours if you are KO'd on a job.

Needless to say, this got declined due to obvious reasons. But it did demonstrate that having it only for one small aspect, namely job ko vs duel protection is not consistent and in my opinion pure random.

DeletedUser34295

Are you also saying that it's fair to have job KO remove all energy and money but not give any protection so that the player can rebuild? To be honest, in my view the protection was there for that purpose: time to rebuild, and not because it was a logical thing or made much "real life sense" so to speak.

DeletedUser1121

Are you also saying that it's fair to have job KO remove all energy and money but not give any protection so that the player can rebuild? To be honest, in my view the protection was there for that purpose: time to rebuild, and not because it was a logical thing or made much "real life sense" so to speak.

The duel protection is not here to make you rebuild. You are all filled up with energy and hp after 8 hours of sleep. The protection was here to prevent players from getting KO'd so often that there is nothing for them to do anymore.

So in that sense your argument is false.

Protasov

I must admit many of the acronyms and strategies contained in this thread are way over my head. I just like to quest casually and mind my own business. I don't mind the removal of protection from being knocked out on a job, as I never took advantage of that anyway. When I found myself being repeatedly dueled over and over by the same player, regardless of where I was, I simply left my town.

However, after completing many quest chains, including the dreaded Down with Fort Mercer to get my "bored cowboy" title, I finally decided to clear out some of my PvP quests that have been in my quest log for a while, and founded my own town (since I am a builder).

As I was trying to do the "Gold rush" chain last night, where the quests must be completed in 24 hours, I purchased an energy refill, and set up my queue to do 4 "Straightening the river" jobs so that when I got up the next day I could finish it off. Needless to say, I woke up in my newly founded town, minus all my money and asleep, since "XfuriousX" defeated me 1,740 to 80. Not sure what kind of satisfaction that gives someone, but whatever.

So I wasted my energy refill purchase, and had to start my jobs over again. Part of the game, I get it, but its just part I really dislike. I certainly am not arguing for its removal, as my play style shouldn't dictate anyone else's.

My only suggestion would be a buff icon up by the map that shows you are under protection and how long until that time is up. I was told I could look at a town's saloon and see the "Duel not possible for 48 hours", but it would be nice to see an exact time countdown.

DeletedUser3543

The duel protection is not here to make you rebuild. You are all filled up with energy and hp after 8 hours of sleep.

That's not strictly true though.

Especially not for new worlds - if there is ever an intention to start up a new one - as the hotels are not fully built..

Also, your argument about the hotel is a non starter as well. If a character is sleeping in bed then surely this should not provide protection from being shot unless they have magically created bulletproof blankets! - and let's face it, for most of the 'duels' that happen in the West it is basically one person skilled for duelling shooting at another who isn't skilled for duelling looking for yet another easy win [I think I've got about 500 of these reports I can show with my pure construction toon, everyone wants the construction skills for two days when the fair roles in to town, but happy to get the easy wins once it's been built!].

Ripwise

That's not strictly true though.

Especially not for new worlds - if there is ever an intention to start up a new one - as the hotels are not fully built..

Also, your argument about the hotel is a non starter as well. If a character is sleeping in bed then surely this should not provide protection from being shot unless they have magically created bulletproof blankets! - and let's face it, for most of the 'duels' that happen in the West it is basically one person skilled for duelling shooting at another who isn't skilled for duelling looking for yet another easy win [I think I've got about 500 of these reports I can show with my pure construction toon, everyone wants the construction skills for two days when the fair roles in to town, but happy to get the easy wins once it's been built!].

You are pushing here for a neddle in a hay stack.

I want to know where you are going with your arguments because as far as i see you aint providing anything constructive but rather just complaining.

KO yourself on another dueler and you are all set for anything that doesnt require dueling and you are also protected.

DeletedUser3543

KO yourself on another dueler and you are all set for anything that doesnt require dueling and you are also protected.

No chance - not until there's an official announcement that those kinds of push duels are allowed in the game because at present they can and do lead to a ban!

I want to know where you are going with your arguments because as far as i see you aint providing anything constructive but rather just complaining.

Just to clarify, is there something wrong with voicing an opinion [you call it complaining] that some of the games players do not like and are not entirely happy with an impending change to the game?

These changes are being implemented due to the 'complaining' of duellers who have no duelling target.

So, why are they allowed to make their complaints known but the other players are not? Have you ever been to China or North Korea ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Iagree that job KO should stay - maybe limit the amount ot times you can do it - But if it`s gotta go then we will have to live with it - I dont think people will live with being dueled while sleeping (townless is another story) and to be honrest i dont remember any cowboy films i saw (and i saw loads my grandfather was a big fan of cowboy films) no one got dueled while working or sleeping , i always thought duel was to people agreeing to have a stand off the way it works here you dont duel, you attack - why not change duels to a fort fight set up

DeletedUser34315

Iagree that job KO should stay - maybe limit the amount ot times you can do it - But if it`s gotta go then we will have to live with it - I dont think people will live with being dueled while sleeping (townless is another story) and to be honrest i dont remember any cowboy films i saw (and i saw loads my grandfather was a big fan of cowboy films) no one got dueled while working or sleeping , i always thought duel was to people agreeing to have a stand off the way it works here you dont duel, you attack - why not change duels to a fort fight set up

This game had enough live-action events as it is, imo. Taking away one more of the semi-idle aspects would not be a positive aspect. A lot of players, myself included, don't actually "play" the game for more than a few minutes a day, unless i happen to be online for a fort battle.

Diggo11

I must admit many of the acronyms and strategies contained in this thread are way over my head. I just like to quest casually and mind my own business. I don't mind the removal of protection from being knocked out on a job, as I never took advantage of that anyway. When I found myself being repeatedly dueled over and over by the same player, regardless of where I was, I simply left my town.

However, after completing many quest chains, including the dreaded Down with Fort Mercer to get my "bored cowboy" title, I finally decided to clear out some of my PvP quests that have been in my quest log for a while, and founded my own town (since I am a builder).

As I was trying to do the "Gold rush" chain last night, where the quests must be completed in 24 hours, I purchased an energy refill, and set up my queue to do 4 "Straightening the river" jobs so that when I got up the next day I could finish it off. Needless to say, I woke up in my newly founded town, minus all my money and asleep, since "XfuriousX" defeated me 1,740 to 80. Not sure what kind of satisfaction that gives someone, but whatever.

So I wasted my energy refill purchase, and had to start my jobs over again. Part of the game, I get it, but its just part I really dislike. I certainly am not arguing for its removal, as my play style shouldn't dictate anyone else's.
I do hope you are one of the beneficiaries of this update then, with extended duel protection, increased "herd protection" and measures to encourage experience duelling (usually against duellers) over zero motivation duelling (usually against non-duellers).

DeletedUser8627

As per our announcement - Version 2.17

We have planned downtime for the version 2.17 update. This update will include the new duelling changes everyone has been discussing here (Of course if nothing breaks before then).

I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone who participated in this discussion and providing valuable feedback to us. All feedback, be that positive or negative, is much appreciated. And I do hope you enjoy the changes to our duelling system.

Furthermore, to those who did take the time to share their opinions here before my post, please send me a PM with your preferred world - we have an incentive prize for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29831

Da Twista, thanks for the heads-up. How did the extended KO-period work out? Do we get a 72-hour period or any of the other items discussed? I also note that motivation still stays at 1%, same with level drop. This was two of the items discussed where most agreed a higher rate would be preferrable. Are there possibilities for tweaks later?

C0OPeR

one question :
now everyone will be duel level 450 ! this means max exp for 450 for 450 are 2700 exp ??? while before higher duel level player got more exp !
in my mind duel ranking table are not fair now cus people got huge duel exp untill now and after now , people will get small exp :|

DeletedUser

And a little tip, if you are job-ko'ed, your protection is gone after the update. Hurry to the bank.

Ouch. That stinks for those who are in part of the worlds where it is the middle of the night. :(

The changes seem to be working, as I had a duel in progress during the update and when I checked the report after the update and I logged back in, the report listed a duel experience loss for the other player.

C0OPeR

i can just say , developer make this game bul with make duel level 450 !
if anybody duel just for exp , must reskill for something another cus when you reach level 450 , this means max 2700 exp for you ...

DeletedUser29831

Ouch. That stinks for those who are in part of the worlds where it is the middle of the night. :(

The changes seem to be working, as I had a duel in progress during the update and when I checked the report after the update and I logged back in, the report listed a duel experience loss for the other player.

My bad, you aren't. Just the handy KO-timer that disappeared. I'm still protected. Sorry. :(

DeletedUser

i can just say , developer make this game bul with make duel level 450 !
if anybody duel just for exp , must reskill for something another cus when you reach level 450 , this means max 2700 exp for you ...

Hey C0op, you were late for dueling party :)
but 2700 xp plus gear/buff bonus is still huge.