Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1693871

No, but there were substantial changes made to accommodate them.

The substantial changes don't only benefit the people who wanted to be able to job KO. Being able to duel again just 24 hours after a KO also benefits duellers. Being able to initiate the first duel post KO with just 1 energy also benefits duellers.

DeletedUser37184

The problem with dueling atm is not zero motivation duelers but the skill buying which has made dueling more about who spends most money. I see as a big problem, if the developers want the game to grow they need to make dueling a more even playing field. The BIG nugget buyers already have a big advantage without the skill buying with the UPB shop. I personally feel like it costs a fortune to be a succesful duelers nowadays.

I know this turned out to be a whine-post but felt that I needed to vent.

DeletedUser34295

The problem with dueling atm is not zero motivation duelers but the skill buying which has made dueling more about who spends most money. I see as a big problem, if the developers want the game to grow they need to make dueling a more even playing field. The BIG nugget buyers already have a big advantage without the skill buying with the UPB shop. I personally feel like it costs a fortune to be a succesful duelers nowadays.

Not everyone who sees negative sides or problems with things are 'whiners' even though some people like to portray it that way. But don't worry :)

You did bring up some valid points about the issues with the difference between skill buyers and non-premium players. Though, I think it's a difficult point to correct :/

DeletedUser

Well, there is no skill buying as far as I know on World 1 and Colorado. Probably the best locations if you want to duel against those with approximately equal AP/SP by level. They are mature worlds however and long time players will have cycled through the repeatable holiday quests several times, some of which reward AP and/or SP.

DeletedUser33353

Well, there is no skill buying as far as I know on World 1 and Colorado. Probably the best locations if you want to duel against those with approximately equal AP/SP by level. They are mature worlds however and long time players will have cycled through the repeatable holiday quests several times, some of which reward AP and/or SP.

Very true, but even the long timers that have amassed a few years of holiday points are beatable.
Just a thought, unless a skill world is more to your liking.

On the zero moti thing........5-10% makes more sense than the the 3% that is currently proposed, but......that is just me.

DeletedUser

I can live with 3%. A gradual change is better than none at all, anything too drastic and we might have the current group of 0 mots reacting similarly to the job KOers at the beginning of this thread.

On the zero moti thing........5-10% makes more sense than the the 3% that is currently proposed, but......that is just me.

Instead of messing with the 1%, 3% etc, why not leave it like a normal job and allow it to go to zero? What they could do however is increase the rate at which duel motivation increases, so that by the time a dueller has completed an 8 hour sleep, their % has increased by say 1.5% per hour to 12% so they have to gain XP on 4 duels per 100 energy (8 duels) to keep zero motivation? This would obviously be faster for dueller class than other character classes.

DeletedUser22685

Instead of messing with the 1%, 3% etc, why not leave it like a normal job and allow it to go to zero? What they could do however is increase the rate at which duel motivation increases, so that by the time a dueller has completed an 8 hour sleep, their % has increased by say 1.5% per hour to 12% so they have to gain XP on 4 duels per 100 energy (8 duels) to keep zero motivation? This would obviously be faster for dueller class than other character classes.

That actually seems like a pretty decent idea, and it's odd that I haven't seen anyone mention it before considering its simplicity. The major drawback that I can see though is the fact that it'd make exp duelling at low levels an even more effective method of power-levelling, which could be taken as a bad thing.

DeletedUser

That actually seems like a pretty decent idea, and it's odd that I haven't seen anyone mention it before considering its simplicity. The major drawback that I can see though is the fact that it'd make exp duelling at low levels an even more effective method of power-levelling, which could be taken as a bad thing.

I agree, but soon these level 50 power XP duellers will have level 100+ duel levels and get their backsides handed to them :)

DeletedUser34315

I think just raising the motivation gain rate is a much better solution than capping the lowest possible motivation. The former's not really going to be that amazingly effective against 0 mots, but it will certainly irritate them. Making the motivation rise more rapidly will be much more effective.

Deleted User - 1693871

Just reset duelling motivation to 100% every night, and have the money earned decrease relative to motivation the same way as happens with jobs. Problem solved.

DeletedUser36559

Slowing raising the motivation gain seems to be a good idea and that's how it should have been from the start.

DeletedUser

Just reset duelling motivation to 100% every night, and have the money earned decrease relative to motivation the same way as happens with jobs. Problem solved.

I agree, but I sadly don't think they will make such a massive change in 1 go :(

DeletedUser36098

I have read about half of this thread and got bored reading the whining about job KO versus duelling. I have been playing a year and have in that time only been job KO a few times. I started in colorado and I can also say that in that year I have not had many duel KO either. Yes I have been annoyed by the zero motivation duellers camping me but they are like flies and once you get past their preferred 'low level dupe' stage they go after others in that range. there are others that do the same or similar at higher levels as well but they get smaller in number as you level up.

I like the idea about increasing the lower level motivation a dueller can get to as 1% is not really going to change anything at all. 10% or even 20% would probably work better but then again I know a few that would simply try to stay there as well. The idea I like best is the rise in dueller motivation. As it stands dueller motivation rises by 40% more than other classes. players still get zero motivation quickly enough to stay there so up the regeneration of motivation for duels by 200% and see what happens then. If after testing in beta this idea works to make it a lot harder to get low duel motivation you may have a winner.

as for getting rid of job KO I care not a lot as I do not and have not used it since I started and I now have 2 regular worlds and a beta world.

DeletedUser

so no protection against bullys?

so their is nothing for those that don't wish to be dueled to protect themselves? I had left Eldorodo world because I was getting dueled none stop. I could do no quests or jobs because most of the time was in the hotel. So far the only protection is to not join a town. The way it sounds like anyway.

Ripwise

so their is nothing for those that don't wish to be dueled to protect themselves? I had left Eldorodo world because I was getting dueled none stop. I could do no quests or jobs because most of the time was in the hotel. So far the only protection is to not join a town. The way it sounds like anyway.

After this update you can KO yourself on other dueler and get yourself 72 hour protection.

DeletedUser29831

Losing a duel will deduct a third of the duel experience you would have gained for winning.

As the first point, this will the way for 0-mot to stay close to 0. If resistance dueller, find some high-level targets to hit first to get exp down, then hit those they will win against when the motivation is down.

Active characters with no duel initiated in the past forty five days will lose 1% of their current duel experience each week.
This is a good idea, but is 1% the right answer? My duel exp is 190' at duel level 292, so I'll loose 1900 the first week, 1880 the next week etc. How long will it take me to get down lets say 25 duel levels?

I still see some fun new ways to play this game with the new update.

DeletedUser

What about if they made the minimum duel mot a lot higher but also made it quicker to reduce your duelling level if you dont initiate duels.
I am not sure 3 percent mot is enough to get the desired result