Duelist build help.

DeletedUser39025

Hello my friends, I've been playing this game for about 1 week and I want to focus on duels rather than doing quests. I'm currently level 30 and I have almost all George Washington items. Now, after reading some topics and the wiki, I still cannot think about a good build. But I have some options:

100% Strength, 50% toughness, 50% reflex.

100% Strength, 33% aim, 33% dodge, 33% appearance.

100% dex, 50% aim, 50% dodge.

50% Strength, 50% mobility, 50% toughness, 50% reflex.

Now, I prefer to use a strength build because it gives me more health and resistance over a dex one (I understand the differences between ranged weapons and melee weapons). Can somebody more experienced tell me if I'm doing something wrong and explain it to me or if any of those builds are viable options or not. (I want to point that I wrote this topic on my phone, sorry if it's not so readable, also english is not my first language).

asdf124

It all depends on the gear you will use, if you have george washington set. I would assume it lacks aim. So, you'd need it.

If it lacks tactics/appearance, you would have to fill in with your skills points/attribute points.

Most attribute points will give you 2 duel skill points but depends on what you are dueling with, and what your style of dueling is.

Never forget that appearance/tactics is pretty important as the buffer from it will give a bonus to aim.

DeletedUser14006

Never forget that appearance/tactics is pretty important as the buffer from it will give a bonus to aim.

What sort of ratio should appearance/tactics be in comparison to aim/dodge?

I was thinking 1 point in appearance and tactics for every 2 points in aim and dodge, is this too heavy?

Al35ul

In my opinion, though I believe it greatly depends on the majority of your "regular" opponents, having a bit of everything rarely helps. That is because you can't get a satisfactory number in ,for example, tactics, as this would simply decrease the amount of skills you have in shooting/aim/dodge/appearance. I'm not in favour of putting high amount of skills both in tactics and appearance; it would just leave them both at a relatively lower number than they would have been if you'd only focus on one of them more than the other (provided that in such an instance your APs are in dexterity)

Of course,focusing on both of them can be helpful if you're using a charisma build which would only leave you open to melee duelers, hence the reason why I rarely use such builds ,but hey,you can't beat them all. What I suggest,which is what I often do,is get familiar with your regular opponents then tailor your build to (try) beat them.

It worked for me...kinda :D

asdf124

What sort of ratio should appearance/tactics be in comparison to aim/dodge?

I was thinking 1 point in appearance and tactics for every 2 points in aim and dodge, is this too heavy?
I would go with higher tactics or appearance, if I was a soldier, tactics would be 25-50% less than appearance to use that bonus ;) .

As al3 said, the priority would be to see who you are up against.

It doesn't make sense to speck as high shooting when you only have range duelist at your range.

Or high tactics when you have not so many duelers at your range. As the too much effect would make some skills feel like wasted.(the tactics/appearance/shooting have a varied effect on how much the buff can give you)

Not to mention luck value, one of the worst of the worst :D

Even if you go pure dodge/appearance, you still have a chance to get hit as luck factor comes in.(in attacks that is)