Dueling

DeletedUser

for a dueler with 180 plus reflex you will need 280 shooting to hit them as if they dont have reflex. thats with bonuses. It does greatly affect your appearance, so you need to only duel resistance or people who dont have a clue how to duel and some how have a good dueling record

DeletedUser14029

ah, Greatest, sorry - but that's only still in theory!
Still have to work on clothings a bit. Kinda tedious to see people hitting all 8 hits on me, some 30~50, some 200+
want to change things a bit :)

DeletedUser

for a dueler with 180 plus reflex you will need 280 shooting to hit them as if they dont have reflex. thats with bonuses. It does greatly affect your appearance, so you need to only duel resistance or people who dont have a clue how to duel and some how have a good dueling record

Yeah you only really need 75-90 Appearence/Tactics (without bonus) for it to make a significant difference against no charisma/dodge resist builds I've found.

DeletedUser

Yeah you only really need 75-90 Appearence/Tactics (without bonus) for it to make a significant difference against no charisma/dodge resist builds I've found.

i have found that to be true with tactics but not appearance. appearance seems to be more important when dealing with a non resistance dueler

DeletedUser14006

Loving the new duel feature that allows you to search targets nearby - very efficient!

Total health points

- 523 HP
Total health points
- 1265 HP Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 251 experience points and steals $3570 from gaillimh.

Total health points
- 358 HP
Total health points
- 960 HP Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 437 experience points and steals $105 from BlackMagic.

No hit
Total health points
- 257 HP gaillimh passes out. Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 233 experience points and steals $2380 from gaillimh.

No hit
Total health points
- 396 HP BlackMagic passes out. Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 408 experience points and steals $119 from BlackMagic.

Total health points
- 235 HP
Total health points
- 826 HP Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 391 experience points and steals $98 from Hans3n.

No hit
Total health points
- 643 HP Hans3n passes out. Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 425 experience points and steals $84 from Hans3n.

No hit
Total health points
- 1130 HP csabaking passes out. Mr. Arrogant wins the duel and gains 449 experience points. csabaking did not carry any cash and Mr. Arrogant walks away without taking any money.

No hit
Total health points
- 1341 HP Mr. Arrogant wins the duel, gains 180 experience points and steals $189 from ProjectX.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

I love the shopping menu, along with crackers and cookies I shall return to top flight noobishness in no time at all :)

DeletedUser14006

I only came to pull a cracker but the bed linen is so comfortable I may stop another day :)

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 674 HP
Total health points
- 1154 HP
kingjamesg wins the duel and gains 573 experience points. MashDK did not carry any cash and kingjamesg walks away without taking any money.
Switch to flash view

DeletedUser14006

2rxfom1.jpg

DeletedUser14029

he was anticipating a tank's attack probably, judging by his headshot pattern o_O

DeletedUser6752

I really have to applaud all the "duelers" in w1 who have dragged it down to the depths - I thought only the newer worlds with their lack of "honorable" dueling would have generated had an environment where the so-called "leading" (and I use the term very loosely) duelers would resort to daily back-to-back dueling of people armed with a Bugle. I used to work jobs with a Bugle almost every day in the past, before all these updates - and with a couple of notable exceptions, who were universally maligned back then, I was left alone unless I was equipped with a reasonable dueling weapon.

I can see that it wasn't very likely a sense of honor that kept most people from dueling me then - it was the threat of retaliation from other members of my town (Lonesome Dove) that let me work safely with a Bugle. Now that I moved out to my own town to work on getting some construction medals, and no longer have a large town behind me, all these people who consider themselves good duelers have come out of the woodwork - even members of towns for which I would routinely sacrifice an entire day of work in order to assist with fort battles.

So apparently I need to re-assess the worth of world 1 - either it has been overrun with cheap duelers who are too lazy to travel any considerable distance away from their town in search of a duel that is actually challenging - or there never really were more than a small handful of duelers here who had any sense of respect for other players. I can say with a straight face that I never dueled anybody equipped with a Bugle; I never dueled a worker unless they were beyond a doubt specced for dueling, and even then, never when they were equipped with a tool instead of a weapon; and I have never ever back-to-back dueled anybody, except for those select few who earned it by first doing it themselves to my fellow town members.

So, w1 - in the future when you look back on people whom you consider to be "pathetic" or "weak" duelers - and I've seen MashDK mentioned more than once in that respect, either here or in character profiles - take a close look at yourselves before you criticize from now on. There really is no difference between hiding in a hotel between duels and dueling someone back-to-back when they are clearly unable to do you any damage.
I actually take that back - scheduling duels between hotel stays actually involves some thought.

And don't try to hide behind the excuse that "I don't look at what someone is wearing, I just hit the duel button" - that is pure BS and anybody who has dueled even once knows it. If you say you don't look first you are either a moron or a liar - likely both.

DeletedUser

well what you dont realize is some duelers like myself have only a few duelers that i can duel so yes now i back to duel . i can duel different people if i want to walk 8hrs between duels so back to back is the only way

DeletedUser6752

I fully realize that - before I left Lonesome Dove I was in the top 30 duelers in world 1 and had considerable trouble finding targets myself. What I did was travel overnight to another part of the world - preferably where we had a fort, but paying for a hotel stay was acceptable as well. I'd spend what time was available to me looking for suitable targets in that part of the world, duel them once a day at the most, then either heal up or sleep until the next day.
I would spend up to a week away from my town during these trips, and if I was lucky I would get a lot of duels in (hopefully mostly wins). But I always kept in the back of my mind the idea that what I did also affected other people's enjoyment of the game - if I KO someone, that means their entire day was a waste - however many jobs they had worked plus the time it took them to heal up before they could work again. I'm here to have fun, but not necessarily at others' expense. I would lose plenty of health in many duels - I was never a resistance dueler - so I never got in a dozen or two duels in a single day. Maybe that is the difference I see now - almost everybody who duels any more is a resistance dueler.
If I was equipped with something other than a Bugle - then I would understand one or even two duels, if I was able to defend myself. But what these people do is truly pathetic. They spot an easy target with a Bugle - go in for a duel. Easy win. Usually less than 100 damage, often less than 50.
When they come back, they still adjust so they get no damage at all - because the first time hurt so much?
Worst of all, they come at a Bugle with a freaking Golden Saber? COME ON! Is it that important that they zero out the entire day for me? Use something a little more appropriate, for crying out loud. If I came across a potential target, but they were equipped with a muzzleloader, I'd at least downgrade to something close. the only other person I'm aware of who does that is Neo-quick. If he saw me with my Bugle on, he'd have the courtesy to duel me with his Bugle equipped. Sometimes he'd win and sometimes he'd lose, but he always was up for a fair fight.

DeletedUser

Blablablabla..
Hehe.. :D

I suppose I am one of the duelers Disappoint is disappointed with. Well, as this is the west and I am role-playing a Mexican thug with little (read: none) regard for "moral" laws or codes of "honour", I consider any high-value target as fair game regardless of whether they are armed or not. If you have a high dueling level you better be ready to be dueled.

Good luck and feel free to visit me back. You won't find me hiding under any beds.

DeletedUser

Brave lad there.. last he attacked he lost badly(quite some time back...) after which he didnt attack me when i was in me dueling clothes.. but out comes the trumpet.. and voila...

Duel: deadwolf2020 vs. Neo-quick On 1/17/11 at 10:59 PM
Total health points - 731 HP No hit
Neo-quick passes out. deadwolf2020 wins the duel, gains 352 experience points and steals $96 from Neo-quick.

Duel: irondeth666 vs. Neo-quick On 1/17/11 at 11:15 PM
The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. They're well protected!