Rejected Dueling with reputation

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1693871

Sorry Thomas, another No vote because of being able to duel up at players who can't then duel you back.

DeletedUser23437

This doesn't eliminate zero mot dueling. I voted no.

please explain how 0 mot dueling benifits you in this system?? your motivation is only use to effect your income, does not effect your exp gained or the chance for your Rep to go up or down

Whilst in theory most things I like. I voted no for two reasons.

There is the whole ability to hit back the person dueling you. Yes, a person can lower their reputation to duel more targets by bashing someone with a negative win loss ratio, but if someone can hit you, you should have the ability to hit them back.

Bonds, they will be way too easy to earn...... waaaaaay too easy. A person could easily earn 200-300 bonds a day with a system like this just by being active.

your Rep doesn't effect who you get to duel, only your player level

and yes, the bond system would need some tweaking...

Sorry Thomas, another No vote because of being able to duel up at players who can't then duel you back.

its ok FC... that dueling level thing was only one option thrown out... wish more people would have commented in the fine tuning of this proposal earlier...

Look everyone, I know there are some issues with this proposal, any dueling system proposed has something wrong with it, heck the system we have now has issues.

But the point of throwing ideas up is to get them into Inno's hands to look at, in case they haven't thought of a problem in that way. If this was to pass, I know Inno would not like some issues, but just maybe, something here would help them make the dueling system better for all. If we send nothing to them, not even something that say you like except for one or two items in the proposal, then we gain no voice in trying to make The-West a better game.

The only other thing I would like to say, is it would be great if more people would lend their voices to ideas posted in the idea section, so details could be ironed out before they reach this vote stage.

ty TR

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its ok FC... that dueling level thing was only one option thrown out... wish more people would have commented in the fine tuning of this proposal earlier...

This is exactly what I commented on before to you... seems I am not the only one who thinks that is a problem.

I guess there can be an exception to who you can duel back in certain time period. If a low lvl duels you, you should have 24h to duel back maybe.

Nice idea, shame that didn't get put into the original package.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34270

I voted no and it is primarily because I disagree with the inclusion of NPC duels at foreign towns. When I land in a foreign town, I may be landing there to duel but im just as likely picking up items from a trade and anyone who plays with me knows i do a lot of trading.

The simple reality is dueling is part of the game and everyone gets to pick where their sp and ap go. As it stands now, I agree with the sentiment. There are too many people who like to complain about getting dueled and too many cowardly duelers who prey on non-duelers instead of letting their level get up to run with the big guns. The simple reality is that dueling is boring because of this split. You can either be a top notch dueler and duel only the few best and be cut off from forts for your alliance or you can keep your duel level low, never get challenged and prey on the weak and at the same time be immune from the great duelers alliances may have. What needs to happen is reputation should count against getting experience or money, and dueling levels should be opened as is specified above. Protect players money if you want but if you let duelers hit pure fort fighters again, then they will have a place in fort alliances and be able to help out more. Plus, it would let the top notch duelers go and get revenge on enemies who hit their alliances fort fighters. Just my two cents after spending time playing on both sides.

DeletedUser31931

I voted no and it is primarily because I disagree with the inclusion of NPC duels at foreign towns. When I land in a foreign town, I may be landing there to duel but im just as likely picking up items from a trade and anyone who plays with me knows i do a lot of trading.

The simple reality is dueling is part of the game and everyone gets to pick where their sp and ap go. As it stands now, I agree with the sentiment. There are too many people who like to complain about getting dueled and too many cowardly duelers who prey on non-duelers instead of letting their level get up to run with the big guns. The simple reality is that dueling is boring because of this split. You can either be a top notch dueler and duel only the few best and be cut off from forts for your alliance or you can keep your duel level low, never get challenged and prey on the weak and at the same time be immune from the great duelers alliances may have. What needs to happen is reputation should count against getting experience or money, and dueling levels should be opened as is specified above. Protect players money if you want but if you let duelers hit pure fort fighters again, then they will have a place in fort alliances and be able to help out more. Plus, it would let the top notch duelers go and get revenge on enemies who hit their alliances fort fighters. Just my two cents after spending time playing on both sides.

The thing about that though is that you only get the random encounter if you have a negative rep and your negative rep affects the likelihood of the negative encounter, so it's a thing that only affects you if you let it affect you. So you could fix your rep easily if you wanted to trade and have no problems. I do think it could do with a rep reset perhaps every month. That would make the most sense and would stop people from abusing it or maybe doing something which they later regret. That said, I think the devs would spot many of these ideas and probably change them in a way which they feel would work.

DeletedUser15057

Sorry Thomas it looks like this idea wont fly regardless, as INNO have already implemented their dueling changes overnight. For the record I voted NO because there was a more simpler fix mooted in the forum - the removing of the Dueling Levels - that would been better and easier to implement. That said I thought your proposal had elements that should be further explored and taken on board by the Devs - thanks for taking the time to share them with us - Cheers Doc

DeletedUser23437

Sorry Thomas it looks like this idea wont fly regardless, as INNO have already implemented their dueling changes overnight. For the record I voted NO because there was a more simpler fix mooted in the forum - the removing of the Dueling Levels - that would been better and easier to implement. That said I thought your proposal had elements that should be further explored and taken on board by the Devs - thanks for taking the time to share them with us - Cheers Doc

the issue, is without passing, the Dev. won't even look at it or see the parts that do sound good... and yes, it seems like the Dev. have put forward their 1st attempt to end dueling on The-West ;)

I would love to rework a dueling proposal, fine tuning what people didn't like about this proposal and adding things that might of been missing, but would need more input from the players who respond here on the forum, instead of them waiting to give their opinion until the idea is up for a vote. But then again that might be a useless task as it would be very 'complicated' for some as it is a major piece in the game (or was), and I am not sure a revamped proposal would be allowed to be worked on by the Mods. So, I guess we just watch a key part of the game disappear and players slowly fade away....

DeletedUser4754

i don't duel much, unless it is out of revenge for being duelled (i can hit back, i just don't enjoy it) but i like the principle of this idea so i'm voting yes. the idea of reputation is important, it made all the difference in the "legends" of the West, the heroes and the villains that we read about today.

okay - the good guys were not above the occasional bit of crookedness themselves but hey, that's about most of us and why we identify with them. sure - Hollywood has tried to palm off this squeaky clean image too, but the West was a different time. Robert Ford, the man who killed Jesse James by shooting him in the back, was not largely reviled for the killing - but the way he did it.

would be nice to be actually judged on our actions. there is a bit too much absence of responsibility in online gaming, the 18th/19th centuries in the West weren't a shiny example of responsibility either, but there were some standards of social behaviour, even in completely lawless areas.

and because i have to.

INFAMY, INFAMY! . . . THEY'VE ALL GOT IT IN FOR ME!

err what? okay...
yes, i'm leaving, my coat is the one with the burned holes in the back... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.