Dueling rule changes

DeletedUser

here is some rule changes i would like to see implemented in the game:

1: both players have to be in same town for 1 to challenge the other(seriously common sense here people)

2: both players have to be logged on to duel

3: the challenged player must agree to the duel.

DeletedUser

I disagree with every one of those.
1: it's a game people travel around. The game counts having a town as pseudo being there, just accept that. It's basically a defense of the town whether you're there or not.

2: DEFINITELY NOT do you know how much of a problem that would be? people aren't logged on a lot of the time this would take away dueling entirely.

3: Same as above except it's even worse because the either player may leave the town before the defender even notices the incoming report that he/she was challenged and that'd make #1 obsolete too.

DeletedUser

so then this game is going to be as unrealistic as possible? well then shoot why not have laser's and hand grenades and nukes in it? its about the same thing too.

DeletedUser

If you had a serious challenge, that you think you can't win, you could just log off...:mad:

DeletedUser

no it's not.

This is a western themed game. I understand why you put your points down there, but really I like the fact that you can attack the defenders of a town it makes it so that people can actually work. If you want imagine that once you join a town you get a lacky who does your work for you, or saves your space for when you return to town, or merely someone in town keeps track of challeges and just works out an exact time for both people to fight. it keeps it as a game people can play rather than making it harder to duel.

Dueling is already difficult enough.

As for the 2nd two they really don't make sense. IRL if I wanted to duel someone and they refused I'd just shoot em anyway. screw them.

and as for being logged off, please just admit that that would take away from the game WAY to much.

DeletedUser1105

1: both players have to be in same town for 1 to challenge the other(seriously common sense here people)

1. Would never work. I would not be in my town unless I was sleeping (and then you can't challenge me anyway). When I'm not sleeping, I'm out of the town working. So it would be hard to find someone to challenge anyway - not to mention the fact that you'd have to travel hours to get there only to find nobody was home. You could spend 3 weeks travelling from town to town and not find anyone to duel.

2. Added to number 1, this makes it REALLY difficult to get a duel. Not only do you have to a) Travel to a town, b) Have the luck that someone is sat there doing nothing and not sleeping, but you now have to c) make sure they are online.

3. This is getting silly now. So, you've travelled from town to town for 3 weeks, narrowly missing out on catching people who are in the town and online, only for them to turn down your duel?? It'd be enough for you to get your character to turn his gun on himself.

This would END duelling. Seriously. Unless you were messaging someone to agree to a time and place to duel, it would never happen.

DeletedUser

Fully agreed. Second poster's completely offbase or simply wrong, perhaps misperceived something.

DeletedUser

cetianly one is a stpuid idea, for all the reaosns mentioned above..

and everyone has missed how stupid 3 is... that wouldn't be realistic, in real life, in a bar, someone would points a gun at you, and you say, nahh not today, not in the mood, and walk away.. you would get shot.

2, more promise in my opinion... know i'm about to get slated, but oh well... i think it would be better if both players were online, but it would need other changes to be implemented first, such as a way of easily seeing who is online , and what level they are, and other things like that. this could be in the 'duel' tab?

DeletedUser

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that actual gun duels in the west were incredably rare, and are 95%+ a product of Hollywood, not history. Try to remember that.

DeletedUser

yeah, gbut if we stuck entirely to history and reality it would be a boring game, methinks.... i'm sure i would be dead by now, for example, as i haven't once told my character to drink any water, and some of the places i've been look pretty dry... :)

DeletedUser1105

Yeah if you try making it too realistic, it will suddenly become boring.

DeletedUser

Mmmmm i like the number three thou it makes sure that dueling wont get abused and high level player will just shoot away at low level players..

DeletedUser1105

Low level players won't have much money. High level players won't want to risk losing health for pocket change I'm guessing.

Maybe they could install a morale thing like tribal wars - a bit of protection for the little guy.

DeletedUser

Low level players won't have much money. High level players won't want to risk losing health for pocket change I'm guessing.

Maybe they could install a morale thing like tribal wars - a bit of protection for the little guy.

Well yeah you might be right...But what about this people who has no self respect and just trying to boost his own ego while making a buck..

Nice suggestion on the morale thingy..

DeletedUser

the morale thing is flawed most people who duel are not in it for money or experiance but for the wins, its another statistic or notch on the belt when they win a duel, and thats where the whole dueling process is flawed alot of people say big players won't hit smaller players because of low exp. or low cash, most deulists don't care they want the win.

DeletedUser

ypu can also have bets on the people dueling and if you when you get doulbled or tripled whatever you put

DeletedUser

OK it's fairly obvious that no-one supporting this idea has tried to challenge anyone yet to a duel. It's not easy to find a duelling match in the near vicinity of your town for 2 reason already: Firstly, if a person is asleep they cannot be duelled. Secondly, there is a level restriction on who you are allowed to duel, which none of you seem to be aware of. People cannot duel people much lower level than themselves because the game mechanics won't allow it. So your complaint falls down there. Oh, and thirdly, once you have duelled a player, you have to wait a length of time before you can duel them again.

Factor in all those variables, then take into account the experience you will earn and the cash, and how long it will take to walk to a town and back to do your duels, and 9 times out of 10, the town which do actually have people around your level to duel, simply aren't worth the visit anyway because unless there's a good number of players around your level in that area, you'd earn more by doing jobs around your own town.

Duelling can be profitable, but it's not something you can rely on. And it's certainly not something you can do all day every day, because your motivation goes down as with any other job.

Making it harder to find a duel than it already is seems ridiculous imo.

Last edited by a moderator: