Dueling or Bushwhacking

• Thread starter DeletedUser39370
  • Start date

DeletedUser39370

Proposal
A Duel, for all intents an purposes, is an agreed upon action, between 2 individuals, at an agreed upon time. What we have now is no more than Bushwhacking/Ambush. You don't even know it's happening, until it's over.
Current Workaround

Details
There is a player on Colorado who "Duels' me almost every 3 days, He always seems to know just when my DP is up. This player is geared for dueling and nothing else. He doesn't job, or craft. Just hits whomever he is after, and then sleeps to avoid reprisals. He's been in over 20K duels, and lost less than 800. There is very little defense against an individual like this.
What I propose is:
1. As soon as a player challenges you to a Duel, you should receive a warning stating that you have been challenged and X minutes until Duel commences, that way, if you are online, at least you have a chance to change into clothing that gives you a better chance.

2. How about some new items, like A Bottle of Nitro. If you get KO'd the bottle drops, explodes, and does damage to the attacker.
3. Most important. A new tab in Settings. To Duel, or Not Duel. Let the player decide if they want to be a part of the Dueling community. If you need to Duel, as part of a Quest, turn it back on. I suppose there would have to be a cool down time to turn it back off again, once quest was finished. That way people wouldn't be able to turn it on, duel someone, and turn it back off, right away.

Visual Aids

Summary
Personally, I prefer to be left alone to job and craft, help my online friends, and relax from RL!!! Not have to deal with single minded individuals who want to spoil the game for everyone, and not have a way of defending myself!!! Anyway, That's my two cents:)

Cheers, Drax

Al35ul

Been suggested so many times...a ridiculous idea if anything. Most players who have leveled up from level 100-150 have passed through this "sector".... I call it the "jimmycap sector".

1. There is actually a script that tells you when players attack you, it's forbidden as per the rules of the game so I doubt anything along these lines will be added.
2. Indian rite necklace, re-fills your health and energy back to 100% if you get KOed.
3. You can also leave town or self KO yourself to ensure you don't lose any cash or jobbing time when other players attack you

DeletedUser15368

In the past I'd vote no, as someone who used to enjoy duelling way back when it was balanced, as there's already basically no targets to duel, and there are many ways you can avoid being duelled already. These days i just KO myself every 2 days so it doesn't matter. Inno would reject the idea as their p2w duellers need reasons to buy new tombola gear and ruin it for everyone else.