Dueling Level

DeletedUser25480

Proposal
Implement the ability to lower dueling level through the use of nuggets/in-game cash

Current Workaround
None that i know of, only way would be to zero mot and have no dueling level but once it increases there is no way to lower it

Details
The ability to lower Dueling Level through the use of nuggets and/or in-game cash, whether this could be similar to the shaman for skill points or a new premium feature i'm not sure, guess it depends what other people suggest.

The main reason i think this is needed is for players switching between builds, for example a player may have started a world with the intention of being a top dueler and wracked up a huge dueling level, if they ever wanted to re-spec to say a fort fighter or adventurer then they will be continuously dueled by other duelers due to being an easy target, with the this idea the player would be able to reset their dueling level and make it easier to swap between being a dueler and other builds.

Abuse Prevention
None

Summary
Some people may complain about a lot more zero-motivation duelers being made but to be honest if people want to zero mot then this shouldn't really affect it at all, they will already have such a low dueling level it wont matter. This idea will allow players to explore more character builds and change their playing style without having to start afresh.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sounds like an idea. It would also help those people with super high duel levels get back into the game who have such limited targets that they eventually wind up leaving a world.

DeletedUser33705

LOL davogny!

maybe good for me as pure trader to not get dueled ;)

DeletedUser22575

Proposal
Implement the ability to lower dueling level through the use of nuggets/in-game cash

Current Workaround
None that i know of, only way would be to zero mot and have no dueling level but once it increases there is no way to lower it

Details
The ability to lower Dueling Level through the use of nuggets and/or in-game cash, whether this could be similar to the shaman for skill points or a new premium feature i'm not sure, guess it depends what other people suggest.

The main reason i think this is needed is for players switching between builds, for example a player may have started a world with the intention of being a top dueler and wracked up a huge dueling level, if they ever wanted to re-spec to say a fort fighter or adventurer then they will be continuously dueled by other duelers due to being an easy target, with the this idea the player would be able to reset their dueling level and make it easier to swap between being a dueler and other builds.

Abuse Prevention
None

Summary
Some people may complain about a lot more zero-motivation duelers being made but to be honest if people want to zero mot then this shouldn't really affect it at all, they will already have such a low dueling level it wont matter. This idea will allow players to explore more character builds and change their playing style without having to start afresh.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

I am against this. Someone goes out there and exp duels and racks up the exp while running up their levels.

You are proposing that they then have a system where in effect they get a "do over" to drop their duel level while still benefiting from the hp, sp, ap, etc, they earned to a large degree from dueling.

Players know what the results of running up their dueling levels are when they do it, and they know what the results of respeccing to a "fort fighting" or other build is when they do it.

They dueled everyone when they were a dueler, turn about is fair play.

You don't like the high dueling level then play differently and don't run it up to start with.

No to this.

DeletedUser

I can understand the reasoning behind this, but I think that if it is going to work the player should not be able to manipulate it directly. I think that the proper way to do it is by time and losing duels.

One element of this would be that you lose one dueling level every 10 (or something) days that you don't initiate a duel.

The other element would be that you in a similar way that you gain dueling level by gaining xp, you can lose dueling level when your opponents gain xp by winning against you (but not as quickly).

This would allow you to slowly get back to a dueling level of zero (and if we are going crazy could allow you to get a negative dueling level as a way to protect all the non-duelers even more).

The only reasonable premium option I can think of with the above proposal would be that when 5 (or something) days without initiating a duel have past you are allowed to lower your dueling level by one with nuggets.

/Edlit

DeletedUser25480

Fort fighters don't suffer from a drop in exp the more they do it so why should duelers through their dueling level? Should fort fighters receive a "fort level" and suffer reduced exp?

New players don't really think about endgame as far as i know? dueling is a major part of the west but being at a disadvantage for doing it to me seems very wrong. a new player could happily go around dueling to find himself being farmed on a regular basis by an experienced player many levels greater than their own solely down to duel level, i know if i was in that position my interest in this game would definetly plummet to the point of complete inactivity.

When duelers hit endgame they really cant do a lot, travelling hours for a duel is not my idea of fun and making duelers completely respec to a new build because they can no longer duel properly seems a tad unfair to me

DeletedUser25480

I can understand the reasoning behind this, but I think that if it is going to work the player should not be able to manipulate it directly. I think that the proper way to do it is by time and losing duels.

One element of this would be that you lose one dueling level every 10 (or something) days that you don't initiate a duel.

The other element would be that you in a similar way that you gain dueling level by gaining xp, you can lose dueling level when your opponents gain xp by winning against you (but not as quickly).

This would allow you to slowly get back to a dueling level of zero (and if we are going crazy could allow you to get a negative dueling level as a way to protect all the non-duelers even more).

The only reasonable premium option I can think of with the above proposal would be that when 5 (or something) days without initiating a duel have past you are allowed to lower your dueling level by one with nuggets.

/Edlit

i quite like the idea of dueling level slowly going down over time, maybe make it so duel lvl drops 1 every 48 hours? a proper dueler will still go up dueling levels after this just much more slowly (especially when you see some players with dueling levels of 200+) but this would certainly help those who respec become different builds. The premium idea i was not sure about, i was thinking maybe a shaman sort of thing were you pay for each level decrease and it goes up with premium being used to reset the costs?

DeletedUser

well you can't lower a skill ... but I agree with an automatic system from INNO to do this thing.
I mean like .. if you don't duel for 1-2 weeks, your dueling level automatically decreses with 1 level ... so if "practice makes perfect" ... not practicing makes worse. I mean in real life if you are a football player or something else and you don't practice, your skill will decrease.
Or maybe it's better to use nuggets because maybe other people does not want their dueling level decreased.
But I see no point of this, you talked about duelers having too many advantages ... why putting a disadvantage for them in the game ?
I mean .. it's like ... if I propose to take with 1000-2000-3000 nuggets an item which if you use, all map jobs will be available for 24 hours ... this is clearly an advantage for adventurers (which I suppose do the missions) and especially for those who have money in their pockets :laugh:.
In fact, the game has become wayy off balanced (out of balance) with these "Christmas presents" ...
Maybe Inno should think to something like : "Yeah, we will sell those premium boxes with rare items, but we will also let players to earn those rare items through mission ... very very hard missions which requires a lot of reskill" ... yeah I could be agree with that ... but no more nuggets.
It's a game for all ages after all. Money ruin the world.

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Romania and it's not my first language.
Happy New Year to all !!!

DeletedUser25480

well you can't lower a skill ... but I agree with an automatic system from INNO to do this thing.
I mean like .. if you don't duel for 1-2 weeks, your dueling level automatically decreses with 1 level ... so if "practice makes perfect" ... not practicing makes worse. I mean in real life if you are a football player or something else and you don't practice, your skill will decrease.
Or maybe it's better to use nuggets because maybe other people does not want their dueling level decreased.
But I see no point of this, you talked about duelers having too many advantages ... why putting a disadvantage for them in the game ?
I mean .. it's like ... if I propose to take with 1000-2000-3000 nuggets an item which if you use, all map jobs will be available for 24 hours ... this is clearly an advantage for adventurers (which I suppose do the missions) and especially for those who have money in their pockets :laugh:.
In fact, the game has become wayy off balanced (out of balance) with these "Christmas presents" ...
Maybe Inno should think to something like : "Yeah, we will sell those premium boxes with rare items, but we will also let players to earn those rare items through mission ... very very hard missions which requires a lot of reskill" ... yeah I could be agree with that ... but no more nuggets.
It's a game for all ages after all. Money ruin the world.

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Romania and it's not my first language.
Happy New Year to all !!!

As i said this really isnt an advantage for duelers, if they want to 0 mot they already have done so it doesnt affect these players whatsoever, this is for players who no longer wish to be duelers and can switch to a different build. FF'ers can swap between any other build with no penalty but a dueler who switches will always remain a target to other duelers due to their dueling level.

i dont see just because someone was a dueler once they must always have a penalty for doing that

DeletedUser

No to this. Actions have consequences, players should live with them, not be allowed to milk others in duels and then say they want out or keep their DL so low they can sandbag every other player who is not pure duelling build. Would ruin the game.

DeletedUser25480

then implement something similar to a dueling level for fort fighters, i fail to see why people should be at a disadvantage because of being a dueler when ff'ers can amass much higher amounts of exp then swap and have no disadvantage whatsoever.

DeletedUser

then implement something similar to a dueling level for fort fighters, i fail to see why people should be at a disadvantage because of being a dueler when ff'ers can amass much higher amounts of exp then swap and have no disadvantage whatsoever.
Illogical. No one has to attend fort fights. If duelling worked like forts then one person would challenge another and the challenged person could choose not to participate. But it doesn't so the parallel is a false one.

DeletedUser25480

im comparing two factors in the game, i fail to see why because you have participated in PvP dueling that you forever bear a disadvantage whereas every other character build leaves no lasting disadvantages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Having to wait an amount of time for your duelling level to decrease would actually put duellers at a disadvantage. For example: Your duelling level is high and you're out of targets, so you choose to wait x amount of time for it to drop down a bit. Now that you have the targets you sought, you start duelling again and your duel level increases back to where it was before which forces you to wait until it goes back down. Rather than increasing the amount of duelling you can do, it's actually limiting it.

Not to mention that those duellers that actually knew what they were in for when they allowed their duelling level to fluctuate and take pride in it would have their number of eligible targets reduced as other players allow their level to drop back down. So as well as putting yourself at a disadvantage as mentioned above, you're also punishing the other players who don't wish to stop duelling for a period of time to reduce their duelling level.

Thirdly, duelling level is directly linked with duel exp. Duel exp is synonymous with regular exp. As TJ said, you should not be able to benefit from the experience and therefore the benefits that come with levelling up that you gained from duelling if you're going to undo the unwanted side effects. You can't have your cake and eat it too. In order to maintain balance between duel exp, duelling level and duel rankings, if your duelling level drops, so should your duel exp. And if your duel exp drops, that automatically drops your regular exp causing not only your level, SP and ranking to decrease but also your duelling level to stay the same distance above your regular level thus defeating part of the purpose of this whole idea. Bearing this in mind, I don't think anyone is going to say yes to this idea.

DeletedUser563

Im sorry I only got to your idea now was a bit preoccupied with other ideas. But No to this idea it clearly has too many abuse issues.

Red Falcon

I say no to this idea because even if your dueling level gradually decreases over time, you could easily increase it again by dueling people close to your level and thus you would be gaming the dueling system by setting up some kind of dueling schedule where you plan to duel people for a few days, stop for a month or so and then start dueling again. Definitely not.

DeletedUser30417

What purpose does the Duelling level serve if you will allow it to decrease? You might as well remove it entirely from the game, since it will become useless in my opinion.

A definate NO from me!

DeletedUser

hmmm, i have a some what good dueling level on world 1. I have very little targets and that does suck. On the other hand my targets are all top duelers which gives me a challenge. if my dueling level went down, then i could really do some damage at a fort battle, dueling all those defenseless fortfighters. o my goodness how unfair would that be? Having a high dueling level does hinder me a bit but i chose it and now i live with it, because if you gave me the option to lower it i would and a lot of players would get there rears kicks. people who purposely kept a low dueling level so duelers like me cant attack them. Talk about a lot of people leaving the game. This is a bad idea after you think about it.

sorry but i vote no way