Dueling Level Restructure

DeletedUser31022

Proposal
This idea is to balance the Dueling Level "DL" so that everyone dueling does it on equal terms.

Current Workaround
Right now there are 0 motivation duelers that will rack up win after win without increase in their DL. Allowing them to continue to duel around their own level. And I'd say every duel is an experience so why do they get around it?

Details
Now I understand why the DL is there so lets just modify how it's implemented. The DL is based on your experience as a dueler so why not have Dueling Experence earned by wins/losses without the hinderance of Motivation? DL increase would occor by a set number of wins/losses per Devs/mods or anyone else that has a say in how this system can be created.

Motivation would only effect your Leveling EXP earned for each duel and maybe even how well you're aim/dodge work in the duel... If you're not motivated to do the job then are you really going to put up that much of a fight??

Abuse Prevention
I was going to add the thought of Decreasing DL with losses but that would lead to "push duels" so as its stated above I'm not seeing any abuse that needs prevented.

Summary
I feel that with this system duelers would all be equal according to their win/loss.
A lvl 64 dueler with 100 wins will be around the same DL as other lvl 64 players with 100 wins but still out of reach of lvl 64 players with 0 DL. The DL will still increase with each character level. That same lvl 64 player would have a range of attack from -10 his DL on up giving him those higher DL targets to prove he's the best. But that's where DL and Character level are different. Character level will not be included. That doesn't mean they can be hit...they just can't be hit by those of a higher DL meaning. A non dueling worker with DL equal to his level can still be hit by those under him with that level of DL.
This would make those Dueling achievements a little tougher to complete where as now there's plenty that have hit 500-1k duels yet they're lower DL than me!.

The Motivation would truely play a part effecting aim/dodge really making those duels an accomplishment! Minor decreases on aim/dodge with motivation decrease would really make this dueling a fun challenge. No more constant dueling cause when you're motivation drops it's like you're just sitting in a chair firing your gun randomly. Which would increase the need for those Crackers to up your motivation!

I know this idea will upset a lot of people but this is about balancing the game not making people happy!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

By "wins/losses" do you mean wins divided by losses or wins plus losses? It's not clear to me. Either way I can see problems.
If this is a 'fix' for zero-mot, there are easier ways and they have been rejected; Inno want to keep the zero-mot option in the game.

DeletedUser31022

Well I don't see it as a "fix" just a balance.

Why are they so set in keeping 0-mot? It's too easy to do and just run around ruining the game for others. Which from a companies POV I would see as a negative thing.

for the win/loss I put both in there cause I really don't know the best numbers to figure DL. I'm hoping a dev sees this and at least gets the idea and knows the best placement. I'm not a dev and don't have full understanding of how these all work just the idea that if DL was based on something concrete for everyone. Then we all level the same per our duels not leveling high doing half the duels of others because they found a loop to do the job as if it never happened.

Each duel is an experience and should be rewarded as such. And motivation should not determine your DL but your performance of the duel. Low motivation= higher chance of getting beat.

DeletedUser25480

Well I don't see it as a "fix" just a balance.

Why are they so set in keeping 0-mot? It's too easy to do and just run around ruining the game for others. Which from a companies POV I would see as a negative thing.

i think the amount if players that would quit due to this is idea is worse ;)

DeletedUser31022

i think the amount if players that would quit due to this is idea is worse ;)

so you think it's best to stick with a system that people can abuse and complain about in the forums? I know I'm not the only one pointing these things out.

Even if those people were lost there would be more filling those spaces. And I think with this system more would be sticking around in the long run. But really how many of those people would really quit and not just adapt to change? I've seen all sorts of people post how they're done with this V1.35 yet they can still be found playing the game.

DeletedUser25480

so you think it's best to stick with a system that people can abuse and complain about in the forums? I know I'm not the only one pointing these things out.

Even if those people were lost there would be more filling those spaces. And I think with this system more would be sticking around in the long run. But really how many of those people would really quit and not just adapt to change? I've seen all sorts of people post how they're done with this V1.35 yet they can still be found playing the game.

you might as well just suggest duelers can only fight other duelers because that is what your suggestion will make, you are giving every other character build complete protection from dueling. i strongly oppose the current system as shown in my countless forum posts on the recent suggestions but even i can say i probably wouldn't be as active if this came into affect, it will drop the numbers of duelers and thus drop the targets of other duelers even more resulting in the same problem the top 15 or so duelers suffer from now, no targets.

DeletedUser31022

you might as well just suggest duelers can only fight other duelers because that is what your suggestion will make, you are giving every other character build complete protection from dueling. i strongly oppose the current system as shown in my countless forum posts on the recent suggestions but even i can say i probably wouldn't be as active if this came into affect, it will drop the numbers of duelers and thus drop the targets of other duelers even more resulting in the same problem the top 15 or so duelers suffer from now, no targets.

There would not be protection for anyone! Those non-dueler would still have a DL equal to their Character level just the same as it is now.

I'm not asking to change who can and can't be hit just how the DL is implemented. If you're going to implement it at all it should be there the same for everyone and no loopholes.

And adding that Motivation decrease also decreases a person's aim/dodge in a duel makes sense too. If you're not motivated then you're not doing the "job" as well as you could

DeletedUser25480

There would not be protection for anyone! Those non-dueler would still have a DL equal to their Character level just the same as it is now.

I'm not asking to change who can and can't be hit just how the DL is implemented. If you're going to implement it at all it should be there the same for everyone and no loopholes.

And adding that Motivation decrease also decreases a person's aim/dodge in a duel makes sense too. If you're not motivated then you're not doing the "job" as well as you could

a dueler might be able to hit non-duelers for maybe a week before his DL, due to wins, forces him to only fight other duelers so yes it is protection for everyone especially when people start hitting the 80+ lvls, your idea regarding motivation, while being realistic, is not really a good thing for the game, dueling skills can only be used for dueling (aim+dodge) so by reducing their effectiveness due to motivation makes their drawbacks even worse. perhaps add that job motivation reduces LP for it and see how people react? it is the same thing after all.