• You don't like snow? Turn it off here:

Dueling level limit

Reyne

1. How much higher of a dueling level can a challenger be over the one he challenges? It seems there is a real disparity. Both duels I've been in the challenger was several levels higher than I was, and therefore guaranteed a win.

Is there anything planned to help us say, "Pick on someone your own size?" The challenger should have some sort of risk in ANY duel

2. Is there any way to get a donkey a little cheaper than $1000 since we can't seem to keep our money on us? Eighty dollars in the bank ain't gunna cut it, Sadie! I'd like to be able to complete the quest that now seems impossible to me.

3. Is there a way to keep someone from dueling you while you sleep in a hotel (and logged out of the game)? That's murder, not a duel, and seems rather buggy to me.

Reyne

Oh, and if you are not logged out of the game while sleeping for eight hours in a hotel, you should be.

DeletedUser1105

1. How much higher of a dueling level can a challenger be over the one he challenges? It seems there is a real disparity. Both duels I've been in the challenger was several levels higher than I was, and therefore guaranteed a win.

Is there anything planned to help us say, "Pick on someone your own size?" The challenger should have some sort of risk in ANY duel
There is a definate rule on this, but I don't know the exact numbers.

2. Is there any way to get a donkey a little cheaper than $1000 since we can't seem to keep our money on us? Eighty dollars in the bank ain't gunna cut it, Sadie! I'd like to be able to complete the quest that now seems impossible to me.
Only by joining a town. You get it for $250 in your own store. Some mean people have joined a small town desperate for members, bought a donkey and then left.

3. Is there a way to keep someone from dueling you while you sleep in a hotel (and logged out of the game)? That's murder, not a duel, and seems rather buggy to me.
You cannot be duelled whilst you sleep. If you are going to be away for a while, queue up two sleeps and then you have 16 hour protection. (32 if you have premium and queue up 4!).

Holysatan

It is up to the Duel equation in HELP. As long as both side will receive 0+ exp, duel will be enable.

Ulthor

Point of information;It is perfectly possible for someone with lower duelling points to win.

Reyne

It's not happened to me yet. Four and five points lower seem too low to be effective. Unless you can share some pointers with me that aren't dependent on points?

The duels also happen when I'm doing something else, another job. Is that a bug? Or can someone interrupt the work you're doing, duel with you and then let you go back to what you were doing?

I'm asking because as a new player I'm not really sure how the mechanics are set up.

Fafer

i have some questions regarding duelling.

how do you become knocked out and what are consequences?
how do you recover from it?

i only know that you cannot be duelled for 48h after KO.

DeletedUser1105

how do you become knocked out and what are consequences?
You have a read health bar on the top of your screen. This shows you how many health points, or HP, you have. Everytime you get hit in a duel, it takes off so many health points. If your health points get to 0, you are knocked out. You then get sent to your home towns hotel to sleep.

To recover, you need to sleep in a hotel.

Fafer

do you lose same amount of money like when you lose a duel with some health left?
is it possible to lose any items (worn or in backpack) when duelling?

and someone please confirm following is true:

you cannot be challenged to duel if:
- not member of town
- you been knocked out (no duel for 48h)
- you have been in a duel in last 1h

DeletedUser1105

do you lose same amount of money like when you lose a duel with some health left?
Yes.

is it possible to lose any items (worn or in backpack) when duelling?
No, not at all.

and someone please confirm following is true:

you cannot be challenged to duel if:
- not member of town
- you been knocked out (no duel for 48h)
- you have been in a duel in last 1h
True, true, no idea about the 1 hour rule. You also cannot be duelled when you are sleeping.

daredeviler

To tell you the truth, the 1 hr duelling distance rule is true, but more than 1 dueler can duel you in 1 hr, that rule applies to those who have dueled you within the last hour.

bongobenny

if you are not knocked out you lose a third of your cash or something I think. It's not that bad. If you are you lose the lot.. If you're not a member of a town, if you're knocked out, or if you are a snidey cheating spoilsport yellow greenhorn worker conman ( I hate greenhorns) then you can't either, but if you are a greenhorn I couldn't imagine a more dull game.

DeletedUser1105

Oh yeah, you lose all of your money if your are knocked out, but the dueller still only gets 1/3.

You lose it all if you get knocked out on a job as well, it's not confined to duels.

Reyne

Do the red dots on the dueling page mean those areas are undefended or defended?

Edit: It's happened again. Another duel. Another loss. It's too bad that the main focus, perhaps the only focus, in this game is on dueling (fastest way to raise money and experience). That's really a shame because there is so much potential in the other character classes. I suppose I will have to constantly wear the items and increase the stats that give dueling defense bonuses instead of the items/stats that aid my progress in the parts of the game that are of interest to me.

Kevlar33

the Green dots are the areas you are PROTECTING (thats why Stand up is all red).

Your left arm is the one without the gun in it (it sticks out to the side on the mini-silouettes, when you're looking to see where you have been hit)

Bongo, you've been able to duel greenhorns for a week or two now....ever since update 1.12

You can be hit several times an hour, as long as they are DIFFERENT people attacking you. If you duel someone, you can't queue another duel with them for 1 hour after they duel ended, but you can queue other duels. If someone hits you, you can queue a duel with them right away. (as long as you haven't attacked THEM in the last hour)

You CANNOT be Attacked if--
1) you are not a member of a town
2) you have been KO'd in the last 48 hours
3) you are actually sleeping in a hotel [you can be hit while traveling to it, but you're safe when you reach it]

All that applies to Player Duels- quest duels can be done at any time, waking or sleeping, whether you have a town or not, as often as you wish until you WIN. (I actually prefer to fight them while sleeping in a hotel, so I don't need to worry so much about damage to me)