Rejected Dueling improvements with rewards

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 127 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16628

[COLOR="Dark Red"] I voted for this. I've done both 0 Motivation dueling and Experience dueling.I prefer the Experience dueling but I have run low on targets in Dakota and I get chastised by many 0 motivation duelers but I invite them to bring it anytime.This is a good foundation to the start of an idea to make good changes and bring back dueling. [/COLOR]

DeletedUser

go spam w11 again for the no vote..worked for you. from what i'm told people didnt even read the idea just voted no because you said so.. way to have democratic process ruined.

lol i posted this link once or twice in the chat, with explanation, this thread though been massively spammed to vote in favor (yes also without reading) in chats as well, and people been whispered to vote in favor, i am sorry, democratic process? you even know what a democratic process is? in a democracy you ask people to vote for you plain and simple.

Secondly and once again, This idea is great for duellers sure yes i can agree. Thing is most players hate duellers, duellers are a big reason people quit this game, cause people can't do anything without getting hammered every 48 hours again by some smuck dueller.

This idea allows duellers to hit even more non duellers then they already can, saying they will actually hit eachothr and most duellers aren't people who prefer to beaten up noobs is really really really cute, but its also as unrealistic as hell, on colo i checked 0 mot duellers, about 15 of em of which 10 are atleast in range to duel eachother, however seeing the amount of losses of most of em (0 1 or 2) its quite clear that after usually 250-1000 wins they barely ever if never duel eachother, even though they actually can.

So this new proposal they can hit eachother but also non duellers, and saying they will hit eachother for some price is silly, the one with most time and energy buffs(nugs) will win the price anyway, so they rather go farm some nubbies who are certain wins.

Again most duellers might like this idea, but its just a hazard for anyone not duelling, you give them a few choices: leave town, become a dueller or quit. Its for that reason devs actually wanna make an seperate area for duelling on the map, since so many quit due to being duelled to bits by bullies (who lack targets)

Saying xp duelling gets you a lack of targets is nonsense as well, again the high duel levels like 500-600-700 etc are only there due to a bug, in reality most of those levels shoulda been 250-300, see how many targets you got then as dueller (basically divide the xp of those top dogs on old worlds(so any except dakota) by 9 and you see what their actual duel level shoulda approximately been

DeletedUser34315

lol i posted this link once or twice in the chat, with explanation, this thread though been massively spammed to vote in favor (yes also without reading) in chats as well, and people been whispered to vote in favor, i am sorry, democratic process? you even know what a democratic process is? in a democracy you ask people to vote for you plain and simple.

Secondly and once again, This idea is great for duellers sure yes i can agree. Thing is most players hate duellers, duellers are a big reason people quit this game, cause people can't do anything without getting hammered every 48 hours again by some smuck dueller.

This idea allows duellers to hit even more non duellers then they already can, saying they will actually hit eachothr and most duellers aren't people who prefer to beaten up noobs is really really really cute, but its also as unrealistic as hell, on colo i checked 0 mot duellers, about 15 of em of which 10 are atleast in range to duel eachother, however seeing the amount of losses of most of em (0 1 or 2) its quite clear that after usually 250-1000 wins they barely ever if never duel eachother, even though they actually can.

So this new proposal they can hit eachother but also non duellers, and saying they will hit eachother for some price is silly, the one with most time and energy buffs(nugs) will win the price anyway, so they rather go farm some nubbies who are certain wins.

Again most duellers might like this idea, but its just a hazard for anyone not duelling, you give them a few choices: leave town, become a dueller or quit. Its for that reason devs actually wanna make an seperate area for duelling on the map, since so many quit due to being duelled to bits by bullies (who lack targets)

Saying xp duelling gets you a lack of targets is nonsense as well, again the high duel levels like 500-600-700 etc are only there due to a bug, in reality most of those levels shoulda been 250-300, see how many targets you got then as dueller (basically divide the xp of those top dogs on old worlds(so any except dakota) by 9 and you see what their actual duel level shoulda approximately been

The update only bumped my DL up to ~350. The rest of the way to 600+ was entirely on my own.
You're naive if you think that an active exp. dueler's level doesn't get absurdly out of control very quickly.
You want to see how many targets there are?
http://prntscr.com/1ysdra
6. 6 targets across the ENTIRE MAP. Dueling gets absurdly boring when you have to spend 95 % of your time just walking.

DeletedUser16008

When ignorance gets started it knows no bounds :whistle:

DeletedUser19518

Ok. That make sense. This mean that small Groups, max 30, over the worlds can control and decide which proposal should be voted yes, and which one no. Ofc, One can explain 29 and spammed to vote in favor (yes, without reading). Great Job Zeta.
I will recommend you next time i want to suggest something and if you dont agree i wont post it. :no:

V
$1

DeletedUser16008

Ok. That make sense. This mean that small Groups, max 30, over the worlds can control and decide which proposal should be voted yes, and which one no. Ofc, One can explain 29 and spammed to vote in favor (yes, without reading). Great Job Zeta.
I will recommend you next time i want to suggest something and if you dont agree i wont post it. :no:

V
$1

When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results. :no:

DeletedUser

The update only bumped my DL up to ~350. The rest of the way to 600+ was entirely on my own.
You're naive if you think that an active exp. dueler's level doesn't get absurdly out of control very quickly.
You want to see how many targets there are?
http://prntscr.com/1ysdra
6. 6 targets across the ENTIRE MAP. Dueling gets absurdly boring when you have to spend 95 % of your time just walking.

i am not naive, i will give an good example for you, for world colorado:

#9 on ranks(bogy) has on his profile:

21/10/12
Won 1000th duel, average 377 exp per duel

1000 duells 377 exp per duel=377.000 duel xp,
yet in ranks he has 1.3 million duel xp with 1100 duels won = level 590

the update tripled his xp from duelling, where these days duel xp gets done time a 1/3rd, so getting up the ranks is much harder.

To point out look at dakota the #1 duelling on a 1 year old world is duel level 250!!!! and you say you can easily go to 600? i know the #4 is a pure xp dueller, who never does 0 motivation there and in 1 year his DL is 220....

i am sorry but even in a year those won't be level 600, saying you can easily get to duel level 600 on your own is nonsense, and also the reason absolutely no one was close to level 600 before the update to tw.2 has came. if you want more targets, ask inno to repair their mistake as good as they can and recalculate the duel levels of people, since due to a horrid mistake of inno devs you all got insane duel levels, not of awesome duelling skills. but its not a good idea, to get every non dueller served up as duellers meat to duellers just because they are bored

Ripwise

2 months ago i went one to two duel levels per day and averaging 5k xp and 1.5k duel experience per duel. Dont tell me its hard o get to insane duel level because that is a lie. Also from what i see here you are writing based on other duelers and on others experiences. Go reskill, do some serious dueling and then come back and write.

DeletedUser34781

no but getting alliance members to vote no because you say so isnt really fair now is it..

but hey you'l get your way in the end. as i've seen. thank god i don't deal with you on any world.

DeletedUser

I'm a zero/low mot dueller on w1, and I think this is a great idea, it gets my vote. Thanks! :)

I'd just like to add here: not all low mot duellers stay low level so that we can beat up on workers and easy targets. (In fact some of us don't hit easy targets at all unless they are in the "enemy" alliances, and not even then if they are workers). I am low mot for other reasons, mostly to do with extending game play and giving me time to get in-game cash to buy good gear so that I can compete equally. Other tough duellers are by FAR my favourite targets!

So I am particularly keen to see some advantages brought in that "reward" me and others for jut duelling other duellers, whether that is reward in the sense of bonds, or reward in the sense of a league table.

Hope this idea gets passed! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

actually

why are we bother discussing this i kinda checked something about ideas and brainfarts, only poll we should actually have if we could not better close the idea and brain fart section, since i checked that except for a bug fix(hardly an idea and brainfarts) nothing got implemented of any of the about 20 ideas we done in 2013 so why do we even bother, and it doesn't gets any better if you go through the 2012 brainfarts.

Yet you gave yourself a lot of effort to sabotage this idea...

DeletedUser34767

Sabotage the idea vs Educate and get out the vote.
Cattle ranchers vs. Sheep herders
Hatfield vs. McCoy

Dueling is one area of the game that really polarizes opinions. It is not surprising to me that when ideas to improve dueling are polled they have a hard time passing.

As a non-dueler, I still have to look at the game objectively, and in my opinion the current dueling system is not to my liking. Would I like to see the game continue with the current dueling system, not really. So then, it is important to keep an open mind when ideas come up to improve this part of the game without all the name calling and arguing that usually wrecks these threads. People who are not interested in dueling but might be interested in game improvement are not too likely to follow these threads if they have to wade through pages of arguing.

A suggestion to those who make / support improvements to dueling through posting ideas and suggestions. Get your non-dueling town and alliance mates involved in the discussion and informed of the ideas before the ideas go to the polls. You might have better luck and even gain some support for the idea if they feel they were involved and fully understand what is being suggested. A lot of players do not spend much time, if any, on the forums and when here are just searching for a specific answer and moving on.

I might have been a dueler, but the system as it was when I started ( and still is ) was not appealing to my style of play.

Sorry for the long post.

DeletedUser19518

16 more "yes" and we have 80% that is needed.. All these before Zeta's gang bang come again.. :D

DeletedUser

no but getting alliance members to vote no because you say so isnt really fair now is it..

but hey you'l get your way in the end. as i've seen. thank god i don't deal with you on any world.

i am sorry watch the average amount of votes on any ''normal not spammed proposal'' most hardly get 30-40 total votes and you saying 65 votes in favor of this isn't due to massive massive spamming of those who are in favor of this thing? i posted that link once and maybe 5 folks voted, the other against votes are of people who actually read this and can see how horrible the idea is. I am sorry but now cussing me since i asked just in alliance to ask against, that makes me worse then all you duellers who obviously asked your duelling townies to vote in favor?

@ ripwise i actually did duel quite a lot, and also experienced not having 7000 targets, but i had enough and was one of the highest ranked persons, also remember that due to the change of v1 to v2 all duel levels massively increased, that if you hit some level 400-500 you get massive xp, if those aren't there levelling quickly is much harder in duelling

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

You are allowed to advertise proposals. It would be unfair to have bias, but we are only humans. Whether someone advertised pro or contra, you can do the same and inform your town of the proposal. Many people do not even know that we have a forum. You have plenty of time to make them aware and participate. Again, I'd suggest you advertise the idea itself not the way to vote.

Zeta, you have spoken vehemently against the idea and used bloated examples to get your point across. That is why they are giving you a hard time. I still don't agree with you and will try to explain why.

As a non-dueler, you get duelled day in and day out regardless. That's a fact not speculation. The only way to escape duelling is to keep yourself KO'd or to ask the duellers, especially those that are duelling you daily to give you a break. I've received a few mails like these, and each time I've stopped duelling them as my intention was not to ruin their game. If however they insult me, I like to "love" them back. I can't say that's the case with most duellers, but I'd like to believe that at least half of us have a conscience and listen to "pleas".
Another option non-duellers have is to ask their friends to KO their aggressors.
Duellers' main activity is duelling. They usually duel for Exp or for KO's/Wins. That's a fact. With the introduction of duelling levels, exp duellers mostly duel themselves. ANother fact. The only "problem" is with the other half of duellers. They can keep duelling forever by keeping their duel lvl low, therefore many more targets. Voila, you have your 0 mots.

In a world where anyone can duel anyone what do you lose and what do you win?
Non-dueller will keep being duelled day in and day out. Their options remain the same.
Duellers will no longer be segregated into 2 groups. Exp duellers will keep dueling exp duellers but will also have the option to duel non duellers as well as those pesky 0 mots.

So what changed? Non duellers may be duelled more frequently and Duellers will be able to duel anyone within their character lvl. Now there needs to be said that in addition to the above simple version of changes, the duelling world will be greatly invigorated, therefore better gameplay.

Is my analysis flawed in any way? The only disadvantaged players are non-duellers, if you can call it a disadvantage. They do get duelled day in and day out as it is now, so why the huge protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.