Rejected Dueling improvements with rewards

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 127 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23437

its hard to believe that no one from Inno doesn't troll the area, looking at things that don't officailly get passed on to them... with this number of votes and the length of discussion, I would think, no, I would hope they would be atleast reading what has been discussed

DeletedUser35506

With atleast 116 players supporting this idea you'd almost think it would be enough.
I know that there are rules about voting and its percentage but can't there be an exception in a case like this one?

DeletedUser30224

I have let this mockery go on for long enough. I don't want to see another post about who spammed what and how.

Please let's be civil here, keep the discussion on topic (and by that I mean comment on the idea or don't post at all). I've deleted the last 2 pages of "Zeta this, Zeta that..", I don't want a repeat of it. Probably I should clean the whole thread, but fail to see what that would accomplish. This proposal still has 5 days left, let's not wage little wars on one another and please read the forum rules.

Thank you for your attention.

DeletedUser36122

Dueling is a part of the game since day one, and when I started this game I got KOd many times and more experienced players taught me this - The West is a marathon. You cannot be good at everything at the same time. You will be attacked - learn to protect yourself. If you want to specialize for quests or jobs - be ready to take that risk and be defenseless. Remember, reskill, revenge. Later, when forts came - same thing. Want to be a fort fighter? Well, sorry, you will suck at duels, and you will lose on a regular basis. Learn to live with it.
Or balance your build. Be a jack of all trades and master of none. Sure, you will still lose some duels, but you will hurt your attacker and they will think twice before attacking again. You will be able to work on most jobs and finish quests, and you will do well in battles. Balance it. Look at this game as a whole, and think about all aspects of it. Don't expect to have everything handed out to you. It is a multiplayer role playing game, and there are all kinds of people sharing it with you. There's all kinds of interaction, good and bad. Embrace it all, or play solitaire. It is, after all, the WILD west.

Of course, duelers are bad, ugly, vicious people and we hate them all. Oh, except in that one world where I still duel. In that world it is just another part of the game that is fun. Or if I'm not going to be sarcastic - just stop being so lazy! My FFer hasn't been attacked for months. After the battle, queue 15 sec on work as a marshal - 48h of peace. My pure trader tries to break up gangs at the end of the day, when money is banked and energy low - again, 48h without worries. It's easy, it's effective, it doesn't affect your gameplay at all. But guess what's easier? *****ing and moaning and trying to get rid of one part of this game that has been here since the start. Just fight back, it's a challenge just as the next one.

100% agree. It's so easy to keep yourself safe from duels, spend 2-4 energy every 48 hours and it's problem solved.

If non-duelers shouldn't be dueled, then I guess we should make it so people who want to have forts but not have them stolen should be excluded from fort fights.

I'm also sick of hearing the 0 mot are the only bad thing about dueling, cowards can't duel, etc argument. I get farmed exclusively by exp duelers looking for free exp and money. There's a lot of exp duelers out there with records along the lines of 500W 20L.

DeletedUser

With atleast 116 players supporting this idea you'd almost think it would be enough.
I know that there are rules about voting and its percentage but can't there be an exception in a case like this one?

This is a proposal for a major positive development of the game and I agree, even if this doesn't reach the 80% mark, the idea should be passed on to Inno anyway as an idea that they can tinker with as there is a lot of support for it.

The people who voted no are the ones who probably always vote no, hate duelling and don't want to share the bonds they receive from fort fighting and don't seem to care about seeing the game develop further.

DeletedUser

This also encourages duelling people not dressed for duelling. Voted "hell no".

DeletedUser35506

This also encourages duelling people not dressed for duelling. Voted "hell no".

Oh ffs.. :hmf: you haven't read TS at all did ya?

The people who voted no are the ones who probably always vote no, hate duelling and don't want to share the bonds they receive from fort fighting and don't seem to care about seeing the game develop further.

Or they don't read at all and just vote for "no" simply because we duelers are evil.

DeletedUser

On the one hand, developing a game adds to the fun one gets from it. On the other, changing the rules one has entered a game under, is logically unfair.

The fine line between, lies with experienced game creators.

However, since a business firm is involved, there must be some understanding towards developing a game to that direction.

So far, adding features which offer more opportunities for fun has often been the case, while changing the rules has also been a frequent occurrence. For that matter, any change ought to be treaded carefully upon.

This present proposal is to please some and displease others. The latter so, exactly because rules change. Once again. One more time, and who knows how many times in the future? Never too many at some point, perhaps?

Dueling is part of the game. Zero Motivation is one option in Dueling. There are a lot of Duelers who do not adopt it. Zero Motivation or not, it deserves as much leeway as FortFighting, Questing, Crafting and so many more activities available. What leeway? For example, FF gets some exceptions of the same rules which lead the game, players from the same IP are encouraged there; they can take part in the same battle at the same time. In dueling they cannot do it so much if at all.

Providing nevertheless, that 0 Mot is a target for elimination as a game trait, let be embedded in the rules right away, without any pretence or excuse that the members of the community wanted it. It is not welcomed by 0 Mot duelers who, mind you, are part of the community. And if 0 Mot might be found to be an unfair state of affairs, it may be surprising it took so long to be noticed or judged on as such! Equally, it may be too late for the company to regret for a lot has been invested on that by too many for and for too long since The West came to life.

If protecting players from getting dueled might be considered, it is not an option in The West. Players can manage their character in this environment responsibly, which means players should admit The West is not one’s home where everything is done for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Providing nevertheless, that 0 Mot is a target for elimination as a game trait, let be embedded in the rules right away, without any pretence or excuse that the members of the community wanted it. It is not welcomed by 0 Mot duelers who, mind you, are part of the community.

I am a zero mot dueller and staying zero mot is a pain in the back side. I would much prefer to have the same number of duel targets without having to constantly keep my motivation low and I would welcome the removal of the zero mot dueller as long as there was a viable alternative that still allows me to duel.

Bad Billy Jack

If a player is a ffing tank, going townless is not a solution. I have tons of wanted dead bounties on my toon in all worlds. Since I am a tank, I can still get dueled forever. The have to ko me to end the duel camps.

townless is no solution

DeletedUser16008

If a player is a ffing tank, going townless is not a solution. I have tons of wanted dead bounties on my toon in all worlds. Since I am a tank, I can still get dueled forever. The have to ko me to end the duel camps.

townless is no solution

tough your choice... solution job ko end of problem... next excuse ?

DeletedUser34315

Or get your health low, jump some guy going all standing, get yourself ko'ed. Bounties are gone, voila! Then you can go townless :)

DeletedUser

townless is no solution

Didn't they say in one of the next updates that anyone will be able to join fort fights, even townless people? And as Vic said, stop finding excuses lol...

DeletedUser

0 Motivation dueling is a direct response to declining game population. When Inno gets this game back up to 100,000+ per world you'll probably see a decline in 0 motivation. If you want to fix 0 motivation dueling then remove dueling levels period. Make it so you can't duel until level 20. And as you get higher in levels you gradually can duel a wider spectrum of levels like 20 levels at level 100ish. 10 levels at level 60ish. Etc... This can be adjusted but right now by the time I hit level 80 if I don't use 0 motivation, I have 50 viable targets left on the game. At level 120 I have 5 targets. The issue should not be 0 motivation duelers but removing motivation and dueling levels period. It solves the issue.

Remember Dueling was around long before forts. Since forts have been introduced and dueling has declined game population has dropped in increasingly drastic amounts. Please don't nerf it to the point that the rest of us dedicated duelers quit.

SJ

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

Someone has to mention this thread to the devs, anything that sparks this much interest and this much controversy should be looked at, even if it didn't get 80%.

DeletedUser

duelers should be allowed to duel their kind only..the dueling level means nothing today for the simple reason most duelers actually attack weak advents, workers and maybe some soldiers and duelers but mostly when they r in working cloths, at least generate some script that gives 0 (zero) dueling experience or even actually to take some existing experience points from those so called duelers that actually do only attack the easy prey.

DeletedUser

duelers should be allowed to duel their kind only..the dueling level means nothing today for the simple reason most duelers actually attack weak advents, workers and maybe some soldiers and duelers but mostly when they r in working cloths, at least generate some script that gives 0 (zero) dueling experience or even actually to take some existing experience points from those so called duelers that actually do only attack the easy prey.

By your reckoning then, anyone building should not be allowed to fort fight, anyone questing is not allowed to build, anyone fort fighting is not allowed to etc... etc...

Your argument is so flawed. Why should someone be restricted from playing the game how they see fit?

You know what? I don't like getting duelled when I am not a dueller build so I self KO every 48 hours. It is not that big of a deal really, and is really convenient as I am usually doing a job over 1 side of the map and get a free ride home as a result!

Too many people hark on about duellers and play the hard done by victim when there are so many solutions to avoid getting duelled. It really is time to change the record on zero motivation bashing and players need to find a solution rather than whinging about getting duelled and asking the developers to nerf an area of the game that many enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.