Rejected Dueling improvements with rewards

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 127 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

While I understand that there is a desire to make the in game experience better for high level duellers, this seems a little too much like giving over the entire game to them.

We all know duellers will not try and hit each other, but will rather take the easy option and hit the no contest duel if given a choice (I am not blameless in this, so speak with experience when whoring XP from duelling).

It seems that FFers and quester would become targets yet again (as they were when duellers were levelling). To get any escape, non-duellers will either have to spend all their time in a hotel, in a barracks, on 48 hour KO, leave town or just reskill to dueller. None of those appear to be sensible propositions for any world to thrive.

DeletedUser

so you didnt understand it and have now sabotaged the poll, so well done on that one.
you have a view that there is no point to the brainfarts section, well thats your view, but i dont see why you should spoil it for the rest of us

At least i can say i have tried to improve the game even though this idea wont go through now because you misunderstood and ignored the mail i sent you trying to explain.

But i can still hope that inno may think some of my ideas are good ones despite what you think and hopefully i have given them something to think about.

sabotaging? if you ask people to vote in favor its advertising, asking people to vote again its sabotage? thats quite black white, reason i made that last comment, is that i noticed that if an idea gets submitted or rejected i truly wonder what devs actually do with it, since literally nothing of whats getting submitted seems to be used by the devs.

I done many many tries on suggesting stuff for improving the game as well, but unlike you i also keep in mind negative effect for people who aren't me in changes. I can understand your idea, and i understand why you duellers might like it, but you really think duellers will still duel eachother, thats quite cute, but i duelled as well, and i noticed that duellers usually avoided eachother and rather duelled others(easy targets), even the #1 xp dueller. and this change won't change that at all, i am sorry but the majority of the people totally hate duellers, and if you see who react positive here and in the other thread all are people who duel or duelled a horseload. do you see any replies of people at the receiving end? no you don't so sorry to spoil your intimate party with other duellers, but if the game has to choose between 10 people quitting since they lack targets or 100s that give up the game since every 48 hours they getting smacked to the ground again by some much higher level dueller with all fancy gear i guess the latter is more important.

but to come back to the point submitted or not, devs won't do anything with it anyway

DeletedUser

ok bob fair point

i can say for myself, i dont like duelilng non duellers, i think is boring. i do for bounties, im guilty there.

But what i have tried to do is encourage duellers to duel other duellers by offering bonds as a reward

How it is now, duellers are 0 mot so they hit none duellers anyway, at least with this idea they have a reason to duel other duellers

DeletedUser

sabotaging? if you ask people to vote in favor its advertising, asking people to vote again its sabotage? thats quite black white, reason i made that last comment, is that i noticed that if an idea gets submitted or rejected i truly wonder what devs actually do with it, since literally nothing of whats getting submitted seems to be used by the devs.

I done many many tries on suggesting stuff for improving the game as well, but unlike you i also keep in mind negative effect for people who aren't me in changes. I can understand your idea, and i understand why you duellers might like it, but you really think duellers will still duel eachother, thats quite cute, but i duelled as well, and i noticed that duellers usually avoided eachother and rather duelled others(easy targets), even the #1 xp dueller. and this change won't change that at all, i am sorry but the majority of the people totally hate duellers, and if you see who react positive here and in the other thread all are people who duel or duelled a horseload. do you see any replies of people at the receiving end? no you don't so sorry to spoil your intimate party with other duellers, but if the game has to choose between 10 people quitting since they lack targets or 100s that give up the game since every 48 hours they getting smacked to the ground again by some much higher level dueller with all fancy gear i guess the latter is more important.

but to come back to the point submitted or not, devs won't do anything with it anyway

well spamming in alliance chat zeta is kind of sabotaging

The point is there is no reason at the moment to encourgae duellers to duel other duellers
At least with my idea there is, it gives a reason to do it.
That surely improves it to how it is now with 0 mot dullers duelling easy targets anyway?
So you dont like duellers, fair enough, but thats part of the game and all i have tried to do is help none duellers with this idea and also help the high leevls duellers who quit because they have nobody to duel.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Please, I will have none of this. Don't make bold statements that are not true. Each submitted proposal is reviewed. InnoGames is a company that allows you to suggest changes, but you cannot dictate their development.

DeletedUser

Try this one very simple.
Every time you win a duel you go up one duelling level.
Every time you lose a duel you go down one duelling level.
If you do not duel anyone for 1 entire week you go down one dueling level.

Motivation NO EFFECT

Pretty quickly the non-duellers are able to get on with the way they want to play the game with minor nuisance by duellers only and the duellers end up fighting at or around their own level. No major benefit in picking on builders as it only brings you into the target range of the people who duel actual duellers.

DeletedUser

Sudden increase in "No" votes sure stinks...

Could you please let this idea be voted regularly instead of having your little war on duelers...

DeletedUser23437

so interesting to see so many new voices in this discussion once the idea turned into something to vote on, where were they when we were discussing this in the idea section??

I want to add to this as I did before, I like the idea, but think that some of these new voices are making the point I had made in the idea section... that's why I tried to address this issue by making any points gained for ranking is based on a win lose ratio... where if you attack and win against a player with more wins then loses, then you gain points in your ranking, and if you attack and win against a player with more loses then wins, you lose points... this idea was designed to make 'duelers' think twice before attacking players who don't duel, and actually have more loses then wins....

I was hoping Duck had added this part after we talked, to his final presentation, but he did not...

DeletedUser

to protect the weak

for attacking people with a negative duel difference having a 75% loose ratio ore higher , for example won 50 lost 200 ore 70 won 280 lost as long the difference between won and lost duels is 75%

ZMD can still attack these weak persons but will gain 2 duelling levels if they do so , this way the ZMD people have still enough targets to pick out but the people who are always hammerd wil have some protection because ZMD players don,t want a duel level.
making 40 mistakes will get them a duel level of 200 at level 120

set a max duelling level of 400 and make it possible to duel to the minimum duelling level of 200

A ZMD makes 40 mistakes , welcome to the major league ;)

push duels trying to make the weaker person win so he will will get under 75% will be punished with a ban

so far this is a compromise protecting the weakest and still let ZMD exist

what about the duel level between 200 and 400 ??

i don,t know thats a different story that needs some work and good thoughts

DeletedUser

Sudden increase in "No" votes sure stinks...

Could you please let this idea be voted regularly instead of having your little war on duelers...

yep it was 31-2 before zeta starting spamming against it even though he didnt fully understand it

DeletedUser34315

Seriously, did someone beg their whole alliance to come vote on this?
Very odd that it was so many to 0 and suddenly got massively downvoted..

rohith4444

Zeta stop saying 0 mot duelers are cowards
check this before u say it http://prntscr.com/1ypcd0 i asked u to duel me to test my build and u won and got 3 XP ? aren't u a 0 mot at that time ? :p
sorry for posting a reply like this in a vote thread

DeletedUser

yep it was 31-2 before zeta starting spamming against it even though he didnt fully understand it

after i asked it gotten 34-5 but i guess that this discussion actually got people to click on the topic and read it themselves and also got them to vote against...

also when people see the world duelling improvements, most tend not to be bothered since they hate duelling, and thats why most discussion you get on such thread is between duellers, so no wonder all cheer for it, just check the thread, anyone replying there positively is atleast at one world a mean machine dueller(or generally is duelling) you hear no where the voice of the non duelling crowd?

@ rohith, hunny you know i am :D ...

again you wish to implement a system that solely benefits duellers? what about all those targets of those duellers, they just gotta suck it up and shut up? why would any non dueller in their right mind vote in favour for a proposal that basically reads we need more fresh meat to slaughter

DeletedUser

zeta you have already proven you didnt understand it properly
you have spammed you alliance against it despite this
you have proved your bitterness because your own ideas didnt get through and your dislike of duellers even though duellers are part of the game, something you dont seem to be able to accept
"Why should you have it better attitude is like a little baby", it doesnt effect non duellers except to say more duellers would be concerned with duelling other duellers and leaving you to enjoy your game more.

DeletedUser

zeta you have already proven you didnt understand it properly
you have spammed you alliance against it despite this
you have proved your bitterness because your own ideas didnt get through and your dislike of duellers even though duellers are part of the game, something you dont seem to be able to accept
"Why should you have it better attitude is like a little baby", it doesnt effect non duellers except to say more duellers would be concerned with duelling other duellers and leaving you to enjoy your game more.

1 word: LOL!

DeletedUser30224

This has indeed been pushed a bit to the extreme. People lost their objectivity fast and as is the case with anything that doesn't benefit everyone, it's hard to pass. We always had trouble with controversial ideas, and sometimes the 80% mark is hard to get when people are pulling in all directions. I still feel that the proposal, like many others of its kind would benefit the game, but would mean that some players might loose their comfort. However, that doesn't stop anyone from trying. I only ask that you be polite to each other and if you can, try seeing things objectively, even if your objectivity is different than mine or the fella sitting across the world on his computer.

In my humble opinion, the greater the effort and teamwork required to succeed, the closer that brings us together and gives us some sort of purpose. That is why fort battles are popular.

There is still time to make or break the proposal. Whichever way this will end up going, it's a fair process and we'll have to accept it.

DeletedUser34767

just check the thread, anyone replying there positively is at least at one world a mean machine dueller(or generally is duelling) you hear no where the voice of the non duelling crowd?

I have read and replied on this thread and I think my 6-25 duel record, all defending, qualifies me for the category of non-dueler. My only world.

I am somewhat ambivalent to the idea as proposed, and will not likely vote as I do not have a strong feeling that this will help or hurt the game either way. Anything that eliminates duel levels is fine with me as I think it is one of the dumbest things in the game. I don't like the fact ( per discussion ) that you will only receive points for xp gained on attacks. If a higher level dueler hit me and I win, I think the xp I earned on defense should count on my rankings. Seems to encourage attack only duelers and not balanced duelers or soldiers who might get a bump on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.