Dueling-Honor

DeletedUser

As it says. I think we should introduce an "honor" option to duelers.This is how i think it should work

Let's say you duel a person and win.You get money and experience but you should also get "Honor" points. In a world I'm a builder and I HATE getting duel by duelers. There is no other way to explain the cowardliness.

So every time you win a duel you get honor and every time you lose, you lose honor. It would work like this.

Winning Against

Dueler: +3 honor points
Soldier: +2 honor points
Adventurer: +1 honor point
Builder:-1 honor point (or more)

Losing Against

Dueler: -3 honor points
Soldier: -2 honor points
Adventurer: -1 honor point
Builder:-1 honor point (or more)

This could bring in a whole new way of ranking duelers

DeletedUser363

And what exactly would be the point of this honor system. Do you think this would stop people from dueling builders?

DeletedUser

I though it be a fun addition to the ranking system. One guy might have a higher dueling level but lower honor points than an an other guy

just a harmless idea :cool:

DeletedUser

Or just make it not possible to duel builders and builders not being able to duel

DeletedUser

I think they should just add to a soldier/duellers profile how many builders they attacked. I'm a soldier in a couple of dutch worlds and I hate people who attack builders.

DeletedUser

Sadly the thought of a builder being "dueler safe" isn't even going to be looked at

DeletedUser544

I actually like the idea of quantifying how "honorable" different duelers are
but doing it based on class matchups will never work for many reasons, but I will list a couple:
1. there are plenty of workers and adventurers who respec to dueling; this would unfairly punish players for dueling classes that aren't the 'dueler' class who may in fact be dueler builds
2. soldiers being worth less honor then duelers wouldn't make sense; and falls back to argument #1 that you can't assign honor based on class to class matchups

my idea for this would instead be to use the difference in duel level between challenger and defender to calculate honor. however, this would still allow people to duel high level workers/adventurers who are not dueler builds, without a penalty (e.g. my lvl70 dueler could challenge a lvl99 PURE worker and get max XP and thus make good honor points as well because the XP level contributes to the duel level). the solution would be to instead use the difference between the PURE duel level of the attacker and defender. by PURE duel level, I mean your ( dueling_level - xp_level)

DeletedUser

This wouldn't work out at all for me. When you get to the latter part of the game, you will have to fight respeced workers who turned into duelers and are now resistance *****s. It would make a great deal of people really mad if when they win against them get some sort of penalty. Besides, what does "honor" do? If it has no penalty, your little safe worker idea might actually help make your situation even worse, as some people might like being bad guys who have a bad honor, therefore making them farm you and other workers all day long for the glory of being infamous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We could always just scrap the idea and restrict anyone to duel builders and restrict builders from dueling anyone

DeletedUser

We could always just scrap the idea and restrict anyone to duel builders and restrict builders from dueling anyone

Once again, that would also be a bad idea. Thats just making the builder class a safe class, and they don't have to worry about being dueled and can just grow fat off their money jobs and experience jobs without worrying about the poor duelers who make money off them.

And it would also cause many builders to quit once they fully build their town up and have nothing to do but work.

DeletedUser

I am a builder in a world. i have about 3 aiming and 2 shooting. I was working away from town to get money to build. i had about 600$ (which is rare for a builder) and some smart dueler duels me and takes around 200$. I message him telling him to duel someone a dueler because dueling a builder isn't really honorable. He messages me back threatening to duel me again. How do you think it makes me feel?

DeletedUser

Simple, provoke him and let him duel you when you have all your cash in your bank. Make sure that you provoke him really good, so that he KO's you. Then you get a free two days of peaceful working. Or just lose purposely to a NPC dueler in a quest over and over again until you get KOd.

And $600 dollars is rare for a builder? Once builders get to a high level, they can easily make that and more in just two hours of doing a certain job. Try playing a bit more and getting to atleast level 50 before you start going off on duelers that duel workers for some cash. If you don't want duelers to duel you, just get KO'd from an NPC, or do the sensitable thing and get your town's duelers to take care of him.

DeletedUser363

I am a builder in a world. i have about 3 aiming and 2 shooting. I was working away from town to get money to build. i had about 600$ (which is rare for a builder) and some smart dueler duels me and takes around 200$. I message him telling him to duel someone a dueler because dueling a builder isn't really honorable. He messages me back threatening to duel me again. How do you think it makes me feel?

If you are a builder, why do you even have any points in aiming or shooting? :huh:

DeletedUser

If your members are inactive and haven't shown any communication in a while, then I would suggest finding another town and just leave your current town to die. If you are the founder, you should post a warning on your internal forums so that if they decide to play again they can know what happened and know where to go.

If your town is nearly fully built, you could just stay and try to recruit some people from surrounding towns to join yours and help ward off attackers or find a friendly town with alot of duelers to help you out when you get attacked.

Now if you aren't a founder or councilor of your town, you could always contact the leaders of your town and tell them whats happening and let them fix it, but if you are the owner of your town already then you might want to go ahead and go with the first two options that I listed.

DeletedUser

But worker dueling actually evens out the game in my opinion. Pure workers don't put any skill points into dueling skill and most of them into construction, or other building skills. That way, they get more XP and money jobs and unlock them much more faster than pure duelers.

Now, pure duelers don't get much great jobs early on, and it takes a while for them to unlock them. So to get the money and XP that they have to make up for, they duel workers who are growing fat off XP and money from their jobs. It just makes sense for workers to be dueled so that both sides can be well suited.

And try not to say that duelers who duel workers are dishonorable or anything like that, you obviously have no idea how dueling works and how that dueling workers or nonduelers how most duelers have to make money.

DeletedUser

look at it this way. If your a builder, it's to help build your town right? So sometimes there's no money in the town treasury so you go off to work for cash. Now if you getting dueled by some dueler, you lose your money so you can't build the town. So what's the point of being a builder.

DeletedUser

I think honor should be a source of currency for money, experience,or even items.

Diggo11

I actually like the idea of quantifying how "honorable" different duelers are
but doing it based on class matchups will never work for many reasons, but I will list a couple:
1. there are plenty of workers and adventurers who respec to dueling; this would unfairly punish players for dueling classes that aren't the 'dueler' class who may in fact be dueler builds
2. soldiers being worth less honor then duelers wouldn't make sense; and falls back to argument #1 that you can't assign honor based on class to class matchups

my idea for this would instead be to use the difference in duel level between challenger and defender to calculate honor. however, this would still allow people to duel high level workers/adventurers who are not dueler builds, without a penalty (e.g. my lvl70 dueler could challenge a lvl99 PURE worker and get max XP and thus make good honor points as well because the XP level contributes to the duel level).
All valid points, this idea will not work.

the solution would be to instead use the difference between the PURE duel level of the attacker and defender. by PURE duel level, I mean your ( dueling_level - xp_level)
Even that would not work. Every time you level up you also go up one duelling level. So a dueller of level 69 and duelling 79 could just as easily "honourably duel" a worker of level 80 + duelling 80.