P&P Dueling Debates

DeletedUser544

yeah I really have no respect for these duelers who have to lose 1-2 duels (mostly its resistance duelers because they can lose 1-2 duels and not lose all their health) to figure out your aim/dodge pattern, then hit you on the hour every hour getting perfect victories over you until you get KOed or login and get to a hotel

if you can't beat someone on the first try, and need to do that... then enjoy your XP, but don't think you are a better dueler thats for sure I scoff at anyone who claims to be a good dueler who has to resort to those tactics

and I will say that phonebook is one of those that must do that to get wins; he does it to me all the time (just like passis used to)

p.s. thats a huge win kman; biggest XP haul I have ever seen

some of my recent work

Total health points
- 581 HP

Total health points
- 1112 HP Roland Deschain passes out. Codect wins the duel, gains 401 experience points and steals $204 from Roland Deschain.

No hit

Total health points
- 801 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 195 experience points and steals $53 from Codect.

Total health points
- 563 HP

Total health points
- 648 HP Scary Poppins passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 249 experience points and steals $460 from Scary Poppins.

No hit

Total health points
- 201 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 226 experience points. Cringe did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

No hit

Total health points
- 287 HP tuxedo passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 296 experience points and steals $184 from tuxedo.

Total health points
- 177 HP

Total health points
- 217 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 413 experience points. phonebook did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 164 HP

Total health points
- 1259 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 259 experience points and steals $62 from rocneasta.

Total health points
- 175 HP

Total health points
- 1160 HP bigpopa passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 250 experience points. bigpopa did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 191 HP

Total health points
- 727 HP Miladisa passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 234 experience points. Miladisa did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 328 HP

Total health points
- 864 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 201 experience points. Big John E did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah I really have no respect for these duelers who have to lose 1-2 duels (mostly its resistance duelers because they can lose 1-2 duels and not lose all their health) to figure out your aim/dodge pattern, then hit you on the hour every hour getting perfect victories over you until you get KOed or login and get to a hotel

if you can't beat someone on the first try, and need to do that... then enjoy your XP, but don't think you are a better dueler thats for sure I scoff at anyone who claims to be a good dueler who has to resort to those tactics

and I will say that phonebook is one of those that must do that to get wins; he does it to me all the time (just like passis used to)

p.s. thats a huge win kman; biggest XP haul I have ever seen

some of my recent work

Total health points
- 581 HP

Total health points
- 1112 HP Roland Deschain passes out. Codect wins the duel, gains 401 experience points and steals $204 from Roland Deschain.

No hit

Total health points
- 801 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 195 experience points and steals $53 from Codect.

Total health points
- 563 HP

Total health points
- 648 HP Scary Poppins passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 249 experience points and steals $460 from Scary Poppins.

No hit

Total health points
- 201 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 226 experience points. Cringe did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

No hit

Total health points
- 287 HP tuxedo passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 296 experience points and steals $184 from tuxedo.

Total health points
- 177 HP

Total health points
- 217 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 413 experience points. phonebook did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 164 HP

Total health points
- 1259 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 259 experience points and steals $62 from rocneasta.

Total health points
- 175 HP

Total health points
- 1160 HP bigpopa passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 250 experience points. bigpopa did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 191 HP

Total health points
- 727 HP Miladisa passes out. Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 234 experience points. Miladisa did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 328 HP

Total health points
- 864 HP Roland Deschain wins the duel and gains 201 experience points. Big John E did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money.

If you can't handle someone dueling you then quit the game. It is part of the game. Everyone will have a diffrent approach at dueling. I have seen people who do all different strategy's.

DeletedUser544

If you can't handle someone dueling you then quit the game. It is part of the game. Everyone will have a diffrent approach at dueling. I have seen people who do all different strategy's.

1. don't speak to me on here; you blocked my in game mail and continued to flood it with spam until I blocked you. if you don't want to talk to me in game, then don't talk to me on here its that simple

2. you aren't allowed to post on this thread until your duel level is above 100; and since that won't ever happen, how about you just leave and don't come back

3. that is not a 'strategy'. it is the equivalent of shooting someone in the back of the head. I know that we all have this glorified vision of the west as being about honor and not shooting each other in the back. and I also know that is all a bunch of crap; all the greatest gunslingers were shot in the back. but this game is a REPRESENTATION of the west; its not the "real west". so there is no reason we can't all be honorable; that is my point. if you have to sneak around and hit me multiple times back to back to beat me, then you have no honor, and no skill as a dueler. many people goto work all day and let their player work; it is the equivalent of shooting someone while they don't even have their controller in their hand. I have ALWAYS adhered to a rule: I never challenge someone more then once per day. the only time I have broken that rule is if I was at war with another town, or if that town continuously camped my workers, or for personal vendettas. since I follow that rule, I expect those that I come in contact to follow the rule and anyone who has ever had diplomacy with me knows that its a two-way street and that it WORKS to allow friendly dueling for XP.

DeletedUser632

ohhh, Roland, you must have spent some time to find decent duel reports among the pile of passing-out episodes..

DeletedUser544

who knocks me out? you? how do you manage that when you aren't even in a town right now?

DeletedUser632

please, Roland..double check before posting..and as i said before, i don't brag so i won't post any of our many duel reports.

DeletedUser

1. don't speak to me on here; you blocked my in game mail and continued to flood it with spam until I blocked you. if you don't want to talk to me in game, then don't talk to me on here its that simple

2. you aren't allowed to post on this thread until your duel level is above 100; and since that won't ever happen, how about you just leave and don't come back
lol. the guy doesn't even wait to listen to the criticism. he just spams you, and ignores everything anyone says that he doesn't want to here. called selective hearing. or, in this case, selective reading. he does seem to think he is qualified for anything now, doesn't he? and to think his only real experience before trying to help lead ETC was from making some forums and chats, and working a tattoo saloon. lol. it shows too. anyways, the idea of a dueling level limit sounds good to me.

3. that is not a 'strategy'. it is the equivalent of shooting someone in the back of the head. I know that we all have this glorified vision of the west as being about honor and not shooting each other in the back. and I also know that is all a bunch of crap; all the greatest gunslingers were shot in the back. but this game is a REPRESENTATION of the west; its not the "real west". so there is no reason we can't all be honorable; that is my point. if you have to sneak around and hit me multiple times back to back to beat me, then you have no honor, and no skill as a dueler. many people goto work all day and let their player work; it is the equivalent of shooting someone while they don't even have their controller in their hand. I have ALWAYS adhered to a rule: I never challenge someone more then once per day. the only time I have broken that rule is if I was at war with another town, or if that town continuously camped my workers, or for personal vendettas. since I follow that rule, I expect those that I come in contact to follow the rule and anyone who has ever had diplomacy with me knows that its a two-way street and that it WORKS to allow friendly dueling for XP.
well, uh, i did do that against phonebook, but i don't normally do it. but based on the 10 level base difference/45 level dueling difference and a weapon better than mine, i think im qualified to do it. what i learned from those first two duels i lost though i can put towards duels in the future, unless he reskills etc. i can learn a lot from a pair of losses. not only do i know how to set up in the next duel, but i can roughly judge the levels of some of their skills, and know how to combat those skills. i had to take a very different approach to beating phonebook from the approach i normally take.

DeletedUser632

kman288, i don't want to ruin your story or diminish your achievement, but for the sake of statistics maybe we should let everybody know that we have a 1-5 win record and your only win is a no hit duel result which of course involves a great deal of luck or hazard.

DeletedUser

I will speak to who I want when I want. You are not an authority on this game nor dueling is all I am saying. Once you become a sheriff you can start telling people what they can and can't do.

DeletedUser544

kman288, i don't want to ruin your story or diminish your achievement, but for the sake of statistics maybe we should let everybody know that we have a 1-5 win record and your only win is a no hit duel result which of course involves a great deal of luck or hazard.

no-hit duels do not require luck; they require super high dodging. If you want to talk statistics phonebook, don't make me post the many no-hit duels I have against you that would tank your theory that they are 'luck only' and random events; the entire goal of my duel build is to generate no-hit duels

I will speak to who I want when I want. You are not an authority on this game nor dueling is all I am saying. Once you become a sheriff you can start telling people what they can and can't do.

no I am not an authority on the game; but I will tell you that nobody cares, will care, or will even listen to what you post until you get a high dueling level. thats because this is a dueling thread. so you attacking myself and other duelers who are OVER 100+ dueling levels higher then your character is not going to be seen as anything other then you CONTINUING to try to bring this argument between yourself an the ETC leadership to the front of the forum topics in any way possible. JUST STOP dude; you lost. we didn't want you; we 86-ed you. you decided to leave instead of trying to change yourself into the type of leader we did want; its OVER now. it had NOTHING to do with dueling so why are you arguing with me over dueling? do you have any dueling reports to post here? if not, then stop posting its that simple

DeletedUser632

Roland .. i've never said that no-hit duels are 'luck only'. please review my post. anyway thanks for bringing your expertise to my little chat with mr. kman288.
as for posting our duels, i don't think it's such a great idea. it might hurt your 'reputation'.
try to relax, man. enjoy the game!

DeletedUser544

lol what reputation? I'm not thought of as the top dueler of this world so what do I have to worry about

if you did post all of our duels (don't forget date and time stamps), everyone would see a few things:
1. almost all of them are you attacking me
2. 90% of my wins are "no-hits" (me fanning you)
3. 90% of your wins occur after hitting me an hour prior
4. you win about 70% (to my 30%) duels

so who is better? its opinion so we will never agree. in absolute terms, you beat me more
however, most of your victories come by stalking me all day while I am not online, hitting my guy over and over engineering a perfect victory and then milking it
I do not consider this to be evidence of a superior dueler; just evidence that you have no life or job during the day and can sit online and use such cheap tactics.
if you look at "first duel results" (e.g. the first time you duel me in a chain of duels), I win a higher percentage of those then you. but then you come back 2, 3 times and hit an inactive player whom you know hasn't changed their aim/dodge pattern, which you have figured out. good for you; but it doesn't make you great which is why nobody on here takes you seriously (that and the other reason that nobody dare mention)

DeletedUser632

lol what reputation? I'm not thought of as the top dueler of this world so what do I have to worry about

if you did post all of our duels (don't forget date and time stamps), everyone would see a few things:
1. almost all of them are you attacking me
2. 90% of my wins are "no-hits" (me fanning you)
3. 90% of your wins occur after hitting me an hour prior
4. you win about 70% (to my 30%) duels

so who is better? its opinion so we will never agree. in absolute terms, you beat me more
however, most of your victories come by stalking me all day while I am not online, hitting my guy over and over engineering a perfect victory and then milking it
I do not consider this to be evidence of a superior dueler; just evidence that you have no life or job during the day and can sit online and use such cheap tactics.
if you look at "first duel results" (e.g. the first time you duel me in a chain of duels), I win a higher percentage of those then you. but then you come back 2, 3 times and hit an inactive player whom you know hasn't changed their aim/dodge pattern, which you have figured out. good for you; but it doesn't make you great which is why nobody on here takes you seriously (that and the other reason that nobody dare mention)

1. i said 'reputation', not reputation
2. you're not too good at math and you're making it sound like it's a real challenge.
3. you're way over the line - 'no life or job during the day'...pffff :blink:
4. you must be looking at different duel reports..
5. here we go again - 'the other reason that nobody dare mention' .. too bad you didn't get the chance to read my previous -now deleted- posts.

and above all, take it easy:razz:

best regards,
phonebook
#1 dueler in W1 and W5
#5 dueler in W10

DeletedUser

1. i said 'reputation', not reputation
2. you're not too good at math and you're making it sound like it's a real challenge.
3. you're way over the line - 'no life or job during the day'...pffff :blink:
4. you must be looking at different duel reports..
5. here we go again - 'the other reason that nobody dare mention' .. too bad you didn't get the chance to read my previous -now deleted- posts.

and above all, take it easy:razz:

best regards,
phonebook
#1 dueler in W1 and W5
#5 dueler in W10

Roland has a god complex. Keep showing him who is boss phonebook. Maybe it will make him learn math...

DeletedUser

Roland i suggest following this exact quote. If you cant handle being dueled get out of the west. It is part of the game. Have you read THIS?
If you haven't i suggest reading it cause it might cool you down a bit.

DeletedUser

Well as its P&P.... do you losers think Roland is complaining about being dueled?

Was there an IQ drop in the dueling community?

He's saying if you can't turn up and hit someone first pop then you arn't as good as someone who can and that its a bit well... cowardly, he's not complaining about being dueled.

DeletedUser

Some people duel to KO. Some duel for exp. Some do it to help others. Were losers because we have our own opinion? HE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING DUELED IN A WAY HE DON"T LIKE!

< NOBODY LIKES TO GET BEATEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN>

DeletedUser16628

Well this thread keeps getting better and better,Roland I see your point as I work during the day and it not my favorite thing to come home and find I've been koed in my work cloths.But I do see it the other way also it's part of the game and I have learned to play it pretty well now and trying to learn more from some of my favorites like kman and steviefow realm ag3352 best of the best.

DeletedUser

Ronald i suggest following this exact quote. If you cant handle being dueled get out of the west. It is part of the game. Have you read THIS?
If you haven't i suggest reading it cause it might cool you down a bit.

PLEASE, stop talking about Ronald. I have played and experienced the west for very long time. I KNOW Ronald is very experienced player and he never complains. He gets dueled all day long and Remember he is Pro for not complaining or crying on the forums.:cool: