Dueling, alliances obsolete?

Discussion in 'Bug archive' started by Khronius, Jan 23, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Khronius

Khronius Member

This update (2.08) has just put dueling and alliances on a path to becoming obsolete. It is now possible to go townless and quest and job all day long without fear of being dueled. When it comes time to battle townless now has remote sign in and since you are townless are safe from duelers as well. Battle chats can be used as alliance chats or an "alliance" can create a room and invite others to it for a chat room.

Is this something that was planned or a major oversight?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. dissembler

dissembler Well-Known Member

not really a bug though.. this game is set up so each player can play alot of different styles.. granted it has gone a bit farmville since the early days when dueling was the main idea.

3. Victor Kruger

Victor Kruger Well-Known Member

Its not a bug, its a really really stupid idea that you can be townless and do everything without being part of even a town now, probably kill the game and community but its not a bug

4. Kidd Kalypso

Kidd Kalypso Well-Known Member

Except for dueling.......if that even becomes an idea, someone please shoot it down in flames please. The forting, I see pros and cons, the pros are good with me.

5. Khronius

Khronius Member

Thx for the responses everyone......perhaps Inno could make an update that once a person signs up for a fort battle they are able to be dueled just as if you were a member of a town. I just thought I'd mention it since it takes away from the original game so drastically.

Khron.

Kidd Kalypso likes this.
  6. Cameahwait

Cameahwait Guest

They should remove the restriction on being a member of a town to duel or be duelled. I think the worst decision made in any update to fort fighting was to give fort fighters protection when they are standing at a fort and not in the barracks. If you are at a fort, you should be duelleable unless you are int he barracks sleeping.

7. dissembler

dissembler Well-Known Member

yeah for dueling it should be allowed to duel peole at a ff.. if you really wanna save hp sleep in nearby towns forts and run to the fort and try dodge duelers on your way.. like old school dueling.. sleeping and waking up multiple times to try get somewhere and avoid being hit.. adds more spice to it.

Smaller duelling alliances are forced to duel ffers as nobody else

8. killado

killado Guest

I can like that townless people can be duelled... but they need to make 2 changes on the duels:
    For each win, even that you get 0 exp because you have 0 motivation, you will get duel experience: 100 for each win and 300 for each ko.

Kill the 0 motivation duellers before asking for more people to be duelled.

9. Gandalf Greyhame

Gandalf Greyhame Well-Known Member

Let's not, aye? Hardly seems remotely logical to let townless people be dueled, to give more targets- and to force duel experience, thus forcing everyone to become a high level dueler with very restricted targets.

10. Parafrog

Parafrog Guest

No, townless people should not be able to be dueled - with an exception. We should be able to duel players within 40 minutes of a duel - even if they quit their town. That is a BS loophole that must be fixed.

11. Dj Storm

Dj Storm Guest

A player with a bounty on his or her head can be dueled, even after leaving town, until the bounty is collected. At least it was like this in 2012.

So if you're dealing with a bad boy, put a bounty on his head (wanted dead) when you see him in a town. If he leaves town, he won't be able to duel, but he will be duelable by others.

12. Parafrog

Parafrog Guest

Being able to be dueled 40 minutes after initiating a duel is a rule. These players initiate duels, duel an opponent and then quit their town. Other players should be able to duel these rats for that 40 minute period. These rat players sneak through a constructed loop hole. Fix it.
    I should bounty him when I see him in a town? When? When I'm stalking him? Stalking is a ban worthy offense. Let's be careful with the suggestions here and fix the loop holes.

13. Desi Boukerse

Desi Boukerse Has gone psycho

I will mention this loophole. I am not sure if or when it will be fixed, but the least i can do is bring it under the attention.