Dueler Keeps Attacking Builder

DeletedUser

Is this a joke thread? Builders get extra money from jobs and discount banking but they think duellers should not take a share of it? They are such tightwads.
Put in a ticket. It will not be actioned. That is because this is the way the game works. If it's within the game rules then it is fair - by definition.

Nobody said that dueling workers is against the rules. Read the whole thread. It is one worker seeking help against a repetitive aggressor. I see nothing wrong in that and it is absolutely natural for a non-dueling build to seek help in such situations. Wouldn't you? :)

DeletedUser

Is this a joke thread? Builders get extra money from jobs
What jobs if they are builders? I thought builders use 4*24 of energy for building buildings. 24/7. And to get better in the building job, they level up on XP jobs, not some pathetic and utterly useless cash jobs. Extra money... Ya, right.

Ah, you mean they get payed for building the town and forts? Maybe in The West 2.0. However our server is still version 1.30.

It is one worker seeking help against a repetitive aggressor.
That's why devs added the 48 hours protection, right? ;)
Can't think of any other reason why those 48 hours are in the game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

There are a lot of reasons to respect the worker class. Few examples:
1) One of your forts is attacked and the towers are not fully built. The workers push themselves and finish the towers before the battle starts, using the minimum resources possible.
2) New buildings are available (like it happened with the Market and Sheriff) and everybody wants to use them but the fees are a bit high. The workers use liquorice and gingerbread to work non stop so that everybody could effectively use the new buildings
3) When building degradation will be implemented, you will need the workers to regenerate the town.
4) Your town is growing rapidly and you need a second town built fast to place more recruits. Workers will do their best to provide a new fully built town in the shortest time possible.

Mmm just like to point out that at higher lvl Melee pure strength builds make pretty impressive builders. So actually later in a world workers arnt needed at all, be nice for them to have some real top jobs for pure construction tho.

DeletedUser

That's why devs added the 48 hours protection, right? ;)
Can't think of any other reason why those 48 hours are in the game at all.

Right, but I wouldn't like to pay the price of losing my energy and health for that protection. Specially when it happens repeatedly. This is why there are duelers besides workers in a town, to help protect them against repetitive aggressors.
I see nothing wrong with asking for help as a non-dueling character, whether due to repetitive aggression or casual dueling. This is what this game is about. You don't need to be a dueler just because this is a dueling game. It would be boring for me as a dueler to fight only my battles. I protect my town members and alliance members as well, whenever possible.
It is true that whining about it only makes it worse, but this is not the case. The OP made a perfectly understandable post. As a non-dueling character, one needs to find other means to stop duelers who keep coming back. And yes, 48h protection is an option, but not the best one, to be honest.

DeletedUser

Nobody said that dueling workers is against the rules. Read the whole thread. It is one worker seeking help against a repetitive aggressor. I see nothing wrong in that and it is absolutely natural for a non-dueling build to seek help in such situations. Wouldn't you? :)
Yus, yus I did read the whole thread. I also checked the OP's profile in Arizona (did anyone else?). They have been in 3 duels and lost twice, so just for the record this thread is based on deliberate misinformation. (Maybe the OP just didn't like losing and thought they would try to get revenge by naming and maligning their opponent in the forum in the hopes that other players would attack him/her).
My point was that the OP stresses that they are a builder as though this changes anything. All classes have pros and cons and when you choose your class you have to accept the consequences. If they had said "I am being regularly outduelled by a better dueller - what can I do?" that would be a fair question.
When I looked, the OP was not even carrying a weapon. To me that just says "Free Experience & $$$$". If you are not prepared to defend yourself then expect to be duelled - a lot.
My advice: get the best melee weapon for your level and good defensive gear, remember that attack is also a form of defence, and stop representing yourself as a victim.

DeletedUser16008

Yus, yus I did read the whole thread. I also checked the OP's profile in Arizona (did anyone else?). They have been in 3 duels and lost twice, so just for the record this thread is based on deliberate misinformation. (Maybe the OP just didn't like losing and thought they would try to get revenge by naming and maligning their opponent in the forum in the hopes that other players would attack him/her).
My point was that the OP stresses that they are a builder as though this changes anything. All classes have pros and cons and when you choose your class you have to accept the consequences. If they had said "I am being regularly outduelled by a better dueller - what can I do?" that would be a fair question.
When I looked, the OP was not even carrying a weapon. To me that just says "Free Experience & $$$$". If you are not prepared to defend yourself then expect to be duelled - a lot.
My advice: get the best melee weapon for your level and good defensive gear, remember that attack is also a form of defence, and stop representing yourself as a victim.

OK my turn to agree with you here Eli favor returned ;)

DeletedUser

You can't do the same job 24/7 because of motivation.

Also, cowards say that at the beginning of game everyone had a choice, what to play as. To all of you who think like that, I say this.

IF ALL PEOPLE WOULD BE DUELERS, THERE WOULD BE NO CITIES !!!

Which means you wouldn't have where to sleep, where to shop for items and most importantly, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DUEL OTHERS. Takes a lot of brain to realize this.