Submitted Duel lvl cap

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Yes. I am all for some reform.

I have twice come close to leaving the game due to excessive dueling by one player, twenty levels higher than I am and decked out with equipment that is denied to me at my level. I have lost 6 days of game play due to this inconsistency.

I am not a dueler, but an adventurer. Losing a whole day because this guy is allowed to pick on me, knock me out with his much higher weapon, and avoids any damage or hits from me due to the twenty level difference in ability and clothing, is pure crap.

The game gives too much leverage to this type of abuse. If it continues, in my case, I will leave the game since I can't play it anyway.

At least he does not get much money since I go to the bank after every labor. I also am forced to stay in town to avoid ambush. I am also having to play over 2 hours away from this jerk. Not having fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Something along the lines of the original suggestion made by grenadier is actually quite close to being Beta tested AFAIK.

DeletedUser

Looks like this one is headed to beta ( along with a few other dueling changes ), though the level cap is to be set at 450.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with you on that and add that it is technically unfair for players who are trying to level up to the upper 150 without dueling that is. It is simply a shortcut to leveling up.

If you tried it without dueling and in the first year of this game where no fort fights were their, you'd agree that it was simple unfair advantage. A technical exploit in other words. I used to take about 3+ years to reach level 120 and than seeing someone climb the ladder in less than a year seems a bit unfair. Don't you think? Time spent from one person to make up the ladder versus someone taking the elevator.

If duelling harder, more experienced duellers is an exploit to gaining more experience points, then Inno really needs to do something to make levelling up at the higher levels a little easier.

BEFORE you all jump on the "the game shouldn't be easy" bandwagon, take a second to think... if you want to level up from level 145-146, you need 1,428,159 experience, which is about the same amount of experience points as levelling from 0-112. I know that we get higher daily login bonuses, but that should not be the only viable way to level up as 4,500 exp for a fort fight or 400 exp for a one hour job is a drop in the ocean to levelling for the higher level players.

In order to reduce the exp gained from duelling, there needs to be a change in the amount of exp that can be gained from other aspects of the game in relation to your level. 4,500 exp for a FF is a big deal up until around level 120, then it is a joke. At level 120, 4,500 exp is around 10.4% of the next level requirements, but at level 130, it is only 1.73% and at level 140, it is a staggering 0.5% of the next level. To get from level 140 - 150, you need to earn 13,922,077 exp which is about the same as the exp needed to get from level 0-144.5 levels! Try doing that earning only from jobs and FF, it will never happen.

At least with exp duelling at the higher levels, you can earn 50k-100k exp per day, which at least puts a dent in the next level, compared to jobs and fort fights. So, if they nerf the exp gained from duelling, they must replace it with exp in other facets of the game, otherwise we will have to stick to levelling up every 50 days with login bonuses.

DeletedUser37698

Just delete duel lvl completely and the game becomes fair. ;) its that simple
I have no clue why they added this in the first place.
This is the only mmo where you can hit players 30-20 lvls above/below you.

Pankreas PorFavor

Just delete duel lvl completely and the game becomes fair. ;) its that simple
I have no clue why they added this in the first place.
This is the only mmo where you can hit players 30-20 lvls above/below you.

you're digging out a topic that's more than a year old. voting is closed, the change implemented...
also, this has been discussed soooo many times... removing DL makes it fair? as a level 150 I got beat up by level 70-80 many times. pure traders don't stand a chance against a duel build, even when I have 70-80 AP and almost 250 SP more at my disposal. so, it would be more fair if this guy who is 70 levels lower couldn't hit me? would it really?
then why do those who are 5-10 levels above/below me whine when I beat them up with my dueler? I am a bad bad bully 0-motivation coward, and I don't play fair. boo-hoo... sooooo, that's not fair too.
let's face it - The West went from a duel-based game to a farming/jobbing based game (with fort battles as an exemption), and 90% of players that lose a duel will say it's unfair - no matter if they lost to a player that's the same level or 50 level above/below. Innogames chased away most of the oldtimers who enjoyed dueling and knew how to cope with duels, and most of the people who stayed will find a reason to call you a coward if you attack them and win.
duel level or not - direction of this game changed, and that's it...

DeletedUser36559

Just recently there was a cap of 450 Duel lvl so from my understanding they aren't going to remove it anytime and it's here to stay for a long while.

DeletedUser

So basically because this is a game and all I can go and clean out anyone I feel like be it levels higher or lower, if I think I can take you out......I ' m coming Guns drawn.....I didn't and Do Not agree with that ..I even posted it, Created a new thread so I could post it,But then I cooled down and thought about things and it's really no different then the other games I have played with the exception of WoW & Wartunes , but The War Ships and War Planes same thing just too low level and they are get'n wiped out for free, also if ya make a mistake and take out the person who in return has starts Picking off your Alliance mates and innocent citizens Why Hell we can have our own Wounded Knee always wondered how it'd be to fight with Crazy Horse

Omerta by Lamb of God (intro)
Whoever appeals to the laws of his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both, For a wound man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven , If I live I will Kill You" such is the way of Honor

DeletedUser39261

I WANT 420, not 450 ...

I suggest in the French Forum 350 because I have some set duel the I buy. But I'm 450 and I can't use alls this set.
I don't have player in my duel page, you know...
And this is the problem of many people...

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't have player in my duel page, you know...
And this is the problem of many people...

If it is the problem of many people who are stuck at duel level 450 - then you would have many people in your duel page :)

The problem is not the level cap at 450, the problem is that there are not too many people playing the game. if you have 20-30 people at DL 450, and 15 are in the same town/alliance...
is it really the solution (for the whole game) to lower the dueling cap to 350 so those pure duelers can just wake up and duel people at e.g. DL 250 who aren't duelers at all? in the current state of things, I don't think so. it would probably make even more people quit. this whole dueling dynamics is messed up (mostly because of player's expectations and requests that Inno addressed in the wrong way), and I don't know what is the solution. not enough dueling opponents? I have 8 players in my dueling screen right now, I know how you feel...

DeletedUser39261

If it is the problem of many people who are stuck at duel level 450 - then you would have many people in your duel page :)

The problem is not the level cap at 450, the problem is that there are not too many people playing the game. if you have 20-30 people at DL 450, and 15 are in the same town/alliance...
is it really the solution (for the whole game) to lower the dueling cap to 350 so those pure duelers can just wake up and duel people at e.g. DL 250 who aren't duelers at all? in the current state of things, I don't think so. it would probably make even more people quit. this whole dueling dynamics is messed up (mostly because of player's expectations and requests that Inno addressed in the wrong way), and I don't know what is the solution. not enough dueling opponents? I have 8 players in my dueling screen right now, I know how you feel...

The problem is, there is so many world now. Alls the players are divised, this is the problem and i think the game need a regroupement. A big Regroupement like before.
One or Two or Three world for 1 Servor, it's very nice.
But now you have more than 10 world in one servor it's normal to say, "We done have many people in my world or anything else"
8 player in your page it's so much, for me I have just 1-2 players.
The world of the West is Divised, is divised by the servors I understand, but most important it's divised by so many world in all this servors.
12 Worlds in french Servor, Just 1 servors is actif. that means 11 is dead and i don't kidding it's very true. Ask him you will understand.

(sorry i don't talk so much good english)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

The problem is, there is so many world now. Alls the players are divised, this is the problem and i think the game need a regroupement. A big Regroupement like before.
One or Two or Three world for 1 Servor, it's very nice.
But now you have more than 10 world in one servor it's normal to say, "We done have many people in my world or anything else"
8 player in your page it's so much, for me I have just 1-2 players.
The world of the West is Divised, is divised by the servors I understand, but most important it's divised by so many world in all this servors.
12 Worlds in french Servor, Just 1 servors is actif. that means 11 is dead and i don't kidding it's very true. Ask him you will understand.

(sorry i don't talk so much good english)

I am not talking about specific language servers, that's a limited market and having 12 servers for .fr is too much.
But for .net, international server for all players, where we had 10 or more very active worlds with 30k, 40k or more players per world that number of worlds is not an issue. having 12 active worlds was possible 6 or 7 years ago, why not now? but the fact that Innogames messed up and 90% of those players left, that's the problem.
not enough players, Innogames doesn't invest in this game, it doesn't advertise it, new players aren't coming and the situation is worse and worse.
merge worlds - if you play in 3 worlds and they merge in one - you lost 2 characters, and many will decide to leave the game completely.
lower the DL cap - players who don't duel will become easy targets for those who are now unable to attack them because of the high DL - again, many will decide to leave the game.
lose - lose situation, and I don't see a realistic way out of this, to be honest.

DeletedUser39261

Now having 10 world actif it's impossible, you ask me why ? I'm going to say my opinion, now all the sets and equipment are so much upgrades, you have not the same community and the old community doesn't want to stay because this game going slowly a "pay to win" ...
I thinks we need new animation like :
For exemple

French servor versus German servor in duel
English servor versus Russian servor in Fort battle

A regroupement of world, like in 1 servor all the world's go to migration in 3 world, and you don't lose your equipment when you do a migration, for a big alliance, for a big fort battle, for alls great duelliste reunion,... For a so much saloon, for maybe mor money for inno because they will be a concurrence, for the event, to be the best, for doing a big raid duel attaque, doing a great world tournament of duel, I talk about duel because I'm the best dueller of French servor

Now you are top 1 in one world, Okey where is the signification of top 1 in one world who have Just 600 player? Or 1000 ?