Submitted Duel lvl cap

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser30224

There will be ONE week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 75% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 74.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Idea title: Put an upper limit on duel level (420)

Details of idea: I was reading the forum and found something grenadier777 wrote inspiring. He/she mentioned a duel level cap and I thought it is not a bad idea at all so here is the proposal. If you want to read his/her post, here it is:http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=712775&postcount=65

If we had a duel lvl cap, then even the exp duellers would have plenty of targets. We don't have to remove the duel level completely to achieve what we want. The latest change in duel motivation being split from NPC duel motivation has left 0 mots in a sour position where they can still stay 0 mots, but with greater effort, or let their duel level rise. Capped duel level at 420 lets you duel as low as 300, which means that there is a cushion of protection from non-duelers. Non-duellers will never be protected so to speak from duels, because of the perseverance of 0 mot's and also because of the influx of new players.

What does this fix? Well it obviously helps mostly experience duellers. Presuming you are at 450 duel lvl, you can still duel anyone down to duel lvl 300 increasing your potential duel partners. But this also means that at least half of the "good" 0 mots that were purely practicing 0 mot dueling to keep their targets high can now go wild and raise in duel level.

Summary:
  • Put a cap on Duel Level to prevent duellers from going out of targets.
  • This will create a large number of duellers that will be able to duel eachother.
  • It doesn't prevent 0 motivation duellers from staying 0 mots.
  • It does not have an impact on non-duellers (even at max character lvl 150, you are unlikely to have a duel level twice as large as your character level even if you win the occasional duel).

DeletedUser34315

I see some pretty prominent exp. duelers voting no.
Why?
This benefits us! No more will we be restricted to 6 targets! We can actually test our skills against dozens of players, versus our restricted ranges now.
The duel ranking system will still be there, and it will still be ranked off of experience. I'm seeing no downside to this idea.

DeletedUser23437

I am not a prominent exp dueler ;) but I did vote no..

my reason for voting no, is that this is just a patch on the dueling system, and infact feeds Inno the idea we like the direction they are taking dueling... I personally wish they would throw the whole dueling system out and start over... almost anything would be better then this dueling lvl BS...

but then again, that is my opinion ;)

DeletedUser22685

my reason for voting no, is that this is just a patch on the dueling system, and infact feeds Inno the idea we like the direction they are taking dueling... I personally wish they would throw the whole dueling system out and start over... almost anything would be better then this dueling lvl BS...

So changes in a good direction must not be allowed simply because you didn't like a few other unrelated changes in the past? Geez, I'd hate to imagine what the game - or the world, for that matter - would be like if everybody had that attitude.

You've said almost anything would be better than the current duel level system, yet you've voted against changing it. That's completely illogical, and I'm sensing nothing here but a prolonged and silent tantrum.

DeletedUser33353

Actually, I voted no by mistake.
I think it is good idea, but not sure if it will be heeded by the developers.

Ripwise

I voted yes. Its a great idea concerning duel levels. Certain somebody above me voted no is because he doesnt like duel attack/defense system which doesnt have nothing to do with duel levels.

DeletedUser34315

If they go the exact direction this idea proposes, adding a duel level cap, then yes. I do like the direction inno would be taking dueling.
I'm hoping the mentioned "making dueling more interactive" happens soon.

MFRavenhawk

When you have duelers quitting the game for lack of targets, and non-duelers quitting the game for being excessively used as a target; a game based on dueling does need to do something to try and appease everyone if they are to keep a client base....but the fact is, you wont please everyone.

Most of us who remain either really dont care, or we learn to adapt to the changes, even if we dont like them...too many other things here that we enjoy to let the behaviors and attitudes of a few ruin the game overall for us, after all.

The way I see it, separating the NPC and PvP duel motivations forces 0-mot duelers to rise in level since they can no longer drop their duel motivation in NPC duel. It doesnt stop them from being 0-mot, and their rise in duel level is very slow...but it does happen. A consequence of this though is the fact that weaker players/non-duelers are hit even harder than ever....and it failed to address the problem upper level XP duelers have for finding victims.

So this new suggestion seems to want to address that issue as well...and by capping duel level to roughly three times as player level cap, it opens the door for more upper level competition, gives the means for non-duelers to eventually find relief from even 0-mots, and generally allows a greater range of players to be dueled so the same few are not being constantly targeted by the same duelers over and over.

So while the proposal might not be 'perfect' (news flash, nothing ever is), it is a step in the right direction...and worthy of a yes vote, even if you are not a dueler.

If one votes no here, I would say they are only looking out for their own interests, and dont care how their own actions impact others....an attitude that could well destroy a great game. But for those who do care how they impact others, even if their own views of the game might differ...they are encouraged to vote in favor of this change.

DeletedUser14192

So changes in a good direction must not be allowed simply because you didn't like a few other unrelated changes in the past? Geez, I'd hate to imagine what the game - or the world, for that matter - would be like if everybody had that attitude.

You've said almost anything would be better than the current duel level system, yet you've voted against changing it. That's completely illogical, and I'm sensing nothing here but a prolonged and silent tantrum.

I see what he's saying. Basically the theory is 'Stop trying to fix the tower from leaning and just demolish it and start over'

I'm voting Yes though because I know a lot of duelers will 0 MOT duel just because once they get to a certain level they no longer have people to duel.

DeletedUser19518

My Yes on this.

Already had mentioned that will support any idea promote duels.

GL
V
$1

(Apologize for long time away, but am in vacation mode all time)

DeletedUser16628

Lack of targets has been my problem.It gets pretty boring and I'm sure the ones getting dueled 4-8 times a day because I'm bored aren't happy.So voting yes was a no brainer.

DeletedUser20647

420 duel it

Why not, voted yes.

How about this part though?
Experience = (7 * dueling level of loser) - (5 * dueling level of winner)
+ 5

DeletedUser30224

420 duel it

Why not, voted yes.

How about this part though?
Experience = (7 * dueling level of loser) - (5 * dueling level of winner)
+ 5

What is it that you are asking? That is the duel experience. It has no impact on your character development other than the fact that if you are duel lvl below 420, your duel lvl will raise with whatever the equivalent of that duel experience you receive. On the side you also win experience which seems to be always higher than duel exp. (don't know the formula for that).

Do you want to duel experience to change? If so, higher or lower?

DeletedUser22685

What is it that you are asking? That is the duel experience. It has no impact on your character development other than the fact that if you are duel lvl below 420, your duel lvl will raise with whatever the equivalent of that duel experience you receive. On the side you also win experience which seems to be always higher than duel exp. (don't know the formula for that).

Do you want to duel experience to change? If so, higher or lower?

Regular experience received from a duel is always three times that of the duel experience received. Therefore that formula has a direct effect on your character, as it also determines the amount of regular exp you get per duel, which I think is the point gaga was making. Duelling at high levels will no longer provide as much exp if there's nobody around with a duel level above 420.

DeletedUser30224

Now that I did know but was somewhere buried in all the useless memories I keep in my brain :)

I see current dueling as an exploit, so lowering the experience received from duel is not a bad thing. The max exp you get from a battle is 4500 but you can get 5-6k exp easier from dueling high duel lvl players. I am one of those guys who is enjoying exp gained from duels, but even I have to admit that 5k exp for 12 energy is exaggerated ... not that you can win many of such duels per day, but still easier than anything else on the menu. Except maybe construction... I don't know really how that works out, never was a fan of building things.

asdf124

Now that I did know but was somewhere buried in all the useless memories I keep in my brain :)

I see current dueling as an exploit, so lowering the experience received from duel is not a bad thing. The max exp you get from a battle is 4500 but you can get 5-6k exp easier from dueling high duel lvl players. I am one of those guys who is enjoying exp gained from duels, but even I have to admit that 5k exp for 12 energy is exaggerated ... not that you can win many of such duels per day, but still easier than anything else on the menu. Except maybe construction... I don't know really how that works out, never was a fan of building things.

I have to agree with you on that and add that it is technically unfair for players who are trying to level up to the upper 150 without dueling that is. It is simply a shortcut to leveling up.

If you tried it without dueling and in the first year of this game where no fort fights were their, you'd agree that it was simple unfair advantage. A technical exploit in other words. I used to take about 3+ years to reach level 120 and than seeing someone climb the ladder in less than a year seems a bit unfair. Don't you think? Time spent from one person to make up the ladder versus someone taking the elevator.

DeletedUser27501

as a non-dueller i still have almost 200 duelling lvl because i won duels as a defender so a 150 lvl dueler can always duel me and ko me where is my prottection then? i`ll become a gold mine for everybody