Duel level decay(minor)

asdf124

I think duel levels should be decaying over time if not a specific quota not met.

Edit: 4 duels per day is quota and qualify for 1 duel level per day if not met.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35120

I think duel levels should be decaying over time if not a specific quota not met.

Not sure what you're trying to suggest, but if you mean duel level should decay over time if certain conditions are met.. then that feature is already in system.

DeletedUser34084

Indeed, at the moment active characters that have not initiated any duels for the past 45 days will lose 3% of their current duel experience each week, which will slowly decay the duel level. It has been like this since 2.28.

asdf124

Not sure what you're trying to suggest, but if you mean duel level should decay over time if certain conditions are met.. then that feature is already in system.

Than I think it should be daily decay instead of current(Edit:1 duel level per day? If not dueling).

DeletedUser36192

Than I think it should be daily decay instead of current(Edit:1 duel level per day? If not dueling).

Once a day is wayyyyy too much. Especially considering at high levels it's incredibly hard to drop duel levels.

I mean, personally i think it'd be really useful for myself, since i find dropping duel level very monotonous; however, if i was losing 1 a day that's faster than i could have lost DL (DL 255+) than if i was actively trying lose duel levels.

I do think it'd be a nice feature if the decay of DL was quicker, and didn't only apply to you if your character hasn't set a duel for 45 days, but that said, i'm not complaining too much about the way it is.

Snr Sarg

Indeed, at the moment active characters that have not initiated any duels for the past 45 days will lose 3% of their current duel experience each week, which will slowly decay the duel level. It has been like this since 2.28.

Just to clarify, 'active' dueling is if you initiate the duel?

What if you only ever get attacked, never initiate the duel, does the DL decay still work, even if you win one of the duels in which you're attacked?

And do event duels, such as the bouquet swapping at Valentines, count as initiating a duel?

asdf124

I hate the way current system is, njubs who are zero motivation cannot be touched by high dueling levels.

I don't like to lose 1k duels just to reach low level. Current system is silly.

DeletedUser

I have not seen this at all, and assume that because I duel NPC for a bond, it counts against me. Which it should not.

DeletedUser35120

I have not seen this at all, and assume that because I duel NPC for a bond, it counts against me. Which it should not.

NPC duels don't count. And I can confirm the feature which Shteff stated is in place and works fine.

PrancingPurplePony

The only duels I do are the NPC ones for a bond, so why does my DL keep going up and staying about even with my level? Since I don't duel, I don't understand all the formulas people talk about and it doesn't matter to me anyhow, but just curious why my level has never gone down [on any world I play] even though I don't do anything but NPCs and the occassional defense when someone attacks me.

Pankreas PorFavor

I checked your stats in Colorado. Level 144, DL 151 - that is quite close. You initiated 56 duels, I don't know when, but maybe you forgot you initiated some for a quest? Also, losing 3% is not a lot at that level. 4263 experience, 3% is less than 130. That doesn't mean a lot for your DL. When you have a lot of dueling experience, losing 3% can influence your DL a lot. Which makes sense - your DL drops quicker when it is high (my DL dropped from 450 to 358 in the last year or so), and it slows down as it gets nearer to your actual level.