Duel & Fort build

EsteEL

I have a question regarding how to build a duel or a fort character. How to distribute attributes and skill points to get maximum in either duel or fort build? What are the best duel or fort sets available in the game? I'm quite confused about how this works and I've been searching forums but all I found is 2009-2010 builds. If someone can help me with this it would be great. Thank you!

Caerdwyn

Pick a FF role. Balance your AP and SP to match your class' best method to achieve that role. Seek out modern gear that further enhances those skills, or ^1 gear that's a year older, or ^2 gear that's two years older, etc. If the set you find is of an age you need ^7 to make it useful, trash it!

Pick a dueling method. Balance your AP and SP to enhance that method. Seek out modern gear that further enhances those skills. Pick your targets whose gear is weak vs. your chosen method.

panos-the-best

First of all, growing levels you will realise that unfortunatelly the building is not that importart with the new sets that give hundrends of skill points.

Now, in FF there are 2 types of building. The tank (full hp) and the damager (full leadership and 0 points to hp because your damage will dicrease dramatically). Adventurers and Soldiers mainly go for tanks (Soldiers are being helped with their HP bonus), whereas duelers go for damagers because they score big hence they can crit and actually don't have any bonus to help them as a tank. Workers can actually do both buildings.

Now for the duel, there is really not a specific build. As I told you, items give hundreds of skill points so it is not like back in 2008-09 that I started playing that I had to chose between range dueller or melee. Now you can do pretty much all the buildings.
It depends if you are soldier or not, how much you get duelled from others, how frequently you attack and most important what your main opponents' build is and what the items you have

I used to play with much Charisma and appearence/health because I liked to attack much and I expected others to attack me also for revenge. However in this build you need items with much aim + vigor/shooting for supplement. Also, nowadays the amount of tactics a soldier can reach has risen to over 1000 just with good equipement so, this building might be useless and a building with focus on resistances (toughness-reflex) would be better.

The classical buildings we used to do ,don't apply much but at the beginning maybe you should do something like that and adjast later on in the server's needs.

If you want to optimize both FF and duels, I would suggest the following :

1)If you are tank: Everything in STR, some points in appearence, some in aim and maybe some in reflex. I don't say the actual amount because I don't know your gear or how frequently you have duels. If you don't have frequent duels, take away points from reflex or appearence and put them in HP.

2) If you are a damager. 0 HP and get it from items. I would suggest sth like everything in Charisma, and points in aiming/dodging OR everything in DEX and points in appearence and dodging.

Again, there is no a pure duelling build that wins always, and items do play a vital role. But always see your opponent and use your tactic. Points in appearence aim and tactics always are needed work but for example if you know that for every 10 duels you get duelled only once, then use only appearence and no tactics.

Anyway, I hope I helped a bit.

EsteEL

Thank you for your answers. Just one more question. On duels what sets are good-great to use? I know there are lots of sets out there but I just can't find one that works best. I don't usually duel much. I'm a worker and I do forts every day with quite great success but when it comes to duels for missions I just can't beat other players even if they are lower level than me.

panos-the-best

If it is for quests it means you mostly attack so you could raise your appearance.
About the sets, the better when attacking are Perry Owens and Josephine for melee, jaguar/vaquero for range.

Caerdwyn

...but when it comes to duels for missions I just can't beat other players even if they are lower level than me.

That sounds like your targeting method needs work. As @panos-the-best pointed out, it's significantly more about the gear you're (and they're) in, than your AP/SP distribution. Use what you're good at, against what they're bad at, while making sure what they're good at is either misdirected or irrelevant.